"You've made this day a special day, by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you, and I like you, just the way you are."
What do you do with the mad that you feel?
When you feel so mad you could bite.
When the whole wide world seems oh so wrong,
and nothing you do seems very right.
It's great to be able to stop
when you've planned the thing that's wrong.
And be able to do something else instead
and think this song -
'I can stop when I want to.
Can stop when I wish. Can stop, stop, stop anytime....
And what a good feeling to feel like this!
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a lady,
and a boy can be someday a man.'
The solution is within the circle of life itself. It's only suffering when we experience pain on our own, but when we know we have the loving support of many people it's no longer suffering. It's communion. Taking about coping and handling emotional pain is my specialty. I also have a strong background in addiction and other psychological/neurological related brain states. Feel free to connect with me or send me an online message to arrange an appointment, even if it's just to chat. I'm all ears.
I'm MUW. Thank you for taking the time to visit my page!
I’m currently taking new members
Feel free to send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. It would be great if you could let me know what time it is you're usually available at.
I'm comfortable talking about any issue you have, or having general chit-chat.
-Listener Event Team
-Accepts long-term members
If you would like to browse other listeners, click here
If you would like to support 7cups, click here
If you would like to refer somebody to me, please share this with them: https://www.7cups.com/11460628
My referral button:
Hello to the wonderful person reading this
Brightheart, but you’re welcome to call me Bright or Kara
Casual Chats Friendly, safe place to laugh, have fun, and be supported. LGBTQ+Learning about different orientations, self-discovery, and feeling unsupported.
Student Life Managing time, tips for success, and providing support for self care. Exercise MotivationCreating exercise plans, staying motivated, and learning about healthy choices. Weight Management Tailoring food plans, gaining knowledge, and providing tips for self care.
Members: Welcome to 7cups, I’m so glad you came across my page! It can be really challenging to open up to someone, but know that you’re not alone and that I will never judge you. I may not be able to fix what you’re going through, but I will support you and be a friend to you through it all. I’ll happily chat with you if you are just looking for someone to have a lighthearted chat with or are looking for a long-term listener. Feel free to message me anytime, I will respond as soon as possible. Listeners: This site is full of many wonderful listeners. Thank you all for your amazing efforts and time spent on this site helping create such an amazing and enjoyable environment for all! If have any questions, send me a message, I’d be happy to answer them. I love meeting new listeners, so feel free to message me anytime if you want a listener buddy.
Projects and Teams
Peer Supporter Supporting listeners after a difficult or triggering chat with a member or guest. New Listener Welcome Supporting new listeners, providing assistance and resources, and answering
questions. New Member Welcome Helping new members, answering questions, and providing resources and
assistance. Long Term Members Connecting with members, building bonds, and providing continuing support. Listener Friends
@comfortableTruth52 - my best friend in the world 💙
@Yendi - fantastical friend and 7cups sista ❄
@AnyaS - my amazingly-awesome dancing twinny 💃
@juniperstarfish1 - best sidekick anyone could have 🌠
@Zammn - I love you all ❤
@LovingSoul93 - my British friend 🎊
@brilliantshoe - amazing friend and listener 🎆
@me - great Canadian twinny and friend 🐧
@ItsDev - potato buddy 🌈
@iAmJustAnAspiringScientist - funny, caring, wonderful friend 🚀
@Risenoutofash - amazing listener friend ✨
@EthEthos - my SMH buddy 🎇
@Lucy - funny friendo 🍂
@Zee22 - beautiful fwend 🌸
@Olala18 - pOLA-bear 🐻
@imjustlikeyouSDK - some things are better left unknown 🎉
@PerceptiveNightmare(╭☞ ๏ ͜ʖ ๏ )╭☞ AND A SHOUTOUT FOR YOU ☀
@Tco - my long lost nerdy twin from ‘Murica 🌮
@PositiveCookie22 - bestie 😺
*** Per 7 Cups policy, I do NOT accept Listener Support Chats. You will need to change to your Member account for support. ***On 7 Cups of Tea - I was a 7 Cups Mentor, was a Chat Support Group Moderator, and I still assist with Relationship Support within Forums Only.I'm heading towards my Master's Degree in Psychology and plan to become a licensed therapist in the near future once licensing has completed.I'm a Specialist (I only cover these areas):* Relationships - Boyfriend/Girlfriend Husband/Wife Issues
* All Aspects of Sexuality and Sexual Issues(If you have issues outside this area, I strongly encourage you to locate another Listener who is more equipped to handle your situation.)Qualifications:I hold several (6) degrees from regionally accredited universities and I'm also well read, easy to talk to, understanding, and have had a wealth of life experiences that makes talking to me simple... as someone who has probably been through some of the things that you have. I'm open-minded, motivational, and sometimes quite inspirational - providing those words that you may know you need to hear deep down, but unable to bring to the surface on your own. My words may not always be what you want to hear but you can depend on me to give you complete honesty. Also, I am not a judge or jury.
Confidentiality Statement:There is nothing you can say that will shock me. I take confidentiality VERY seriously. I will never tell anyone what you've shared with me in confidence. I'm here to provide a mirror, lamp, window, ladder, or a boat to a much more positive mental location than where you are now.Ground Rules for Discussions:1. I am not obligated to do anything other than listen to your issues. I am NOT paid for this work. I am, much like most on 7 Cups, a volunteer. I volunteer spare time that I have in order to help people through very difficult issues. Please maintain a high level of respect as a result. My time is consumed with a full-time job that is not related to this site along with college work to complete my degree. I volunteer for 7 Cups of Tea when I have the available time.
2. Simply because I listen to sexual situations or discussions is NOT an invite to engage in sexually stimulating conversation with me. I have a zero tolerance policy for this behavior. Our discussion is only therapeutic purposes and there are other sites where you can engage in this form of behavior if that is what you need - 7 Cups is not one of them.3. This is not Match.com. I am not interested in dating, meeting in real life, or sharing my personal information.4. Please keep your conversations to a maximum of 30 minutes to respect other members and guests - without prior approval for extensions. Please understand in advance that our relationship is not any sense of a long-term relationship or replacement for in-person support, therapy, or psychiatric care. I am also not equipped to provide to you on-going or long-term support of any type.
5. Please leave feedback! Your feedback is very valuable. My goal is to provide stellar service and I can only improve by your voicing your opinion on my delivery, approach, and professionalism.
6. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is rude, profane, or disrespectful.
7. I am not politically correct. I am not the Listener on 7 Cups that will gleefully tell you what you want to hear nor will I placate you with sweet nothings. I tell it like it is, but I do try to be tactful about it. Please note that if you connect with me, I'm going to be polite, professional, but I'm going to look at the situation from 360 degrees as best as I can to provide the best kind of support. If you're looking for PC discussions, placating conversation, patting you on the back when it is not warranted - there are other Listeners on 7 Cups that will be more than happy to accept your request to chat.
8. If you are on your Listener Account, I will either request that you use your Member Account or not respond at all. I used to request corrections, but I'm flooded with Listener requests for support which is against site policy. I'd love to talk to you, but not on your Listener Account. Thanks in advance.
Hey there! I'm Alex, I'm glad you found me on 7 cups of tea. I'm a trained active listener, and I support, and encourage teens struggling through depression, anxiety, sexual assualt, PTSD, breakups, OCD, family issues, ADHD, Substance abuse, Bipolar disorder, Bullying, Chronic pain, Disabilities, Domestic violence, Eating disorders, Exercise motivation, Financial stress, Forgiveness, Getting unstuck, Grief, LGBTQ+, Loneliness, Parenting, PMD, and try my very best to be there and support you through the thick and thin. I enjoy preforming spoken word, writing, reading, and of course chocolate. I have overcame alot in this life, and am still working towards a better future! I want to change the world for the better, and I hope in just listening, and supporting other teens like me I can do that. I'm so happy you're here and I can't wait to talk to you!
Due to the recent gender update, and my personal disagreements with it I selected the prefer not to answer option, you can use He/Him or They/Them pronouns either one I'm okay with
Due to some recent health issues I have not been on seven cups as often as I wish I could be, if I'm not online however feel free to send me a PM anyways and i'll get back to you as soon as i possibly can. I'm sorry for any inconvience.
Hello. I am here, because being here helps me. When I find myself capable enough to listen to someone and connect with someone, and as I help someone feel better, I feel a bliss in me. I am here for that bliss. Let us feel that bliss sometime, if we get lucky sometime. Even if not, I wish a good life and good times for anyone who comes across the profile and read this intro. : )
I gladly take new chats but I can't always reply quickly, every time. If you need immediate assistance, seek out a listener who is online right now.
I live in North America! If you live in the UK or a similar longitude, my current time is 7 hours earlier. If you live in eastern Europe my time could be about 10 hours earlier. If you live in Asia, think 12-14 hours earlier! Please consider the time zone differences when contacting me and do not be shocked if you do the math and I am non-responsive in the middle of North American night!
I am a 50+ year old male
I have experience in many areas that may be of interest to you
- I am a parent of 3 children, age range from teen to young adult
- I live in a house where real LGBTQ issues are positively supported including direct experience with transgender youth
- I live in a house where I support people with depression and anxiety
- For more than a decade I helped support an elderly parent suffering from dementia
- I work in a professional environment supervising hundreds of employees, working through common workplace issues daily
- I manage stress and anxiety of my own through personal accountability and exercise
- I am an atheist, but I respect the value and existence of religion in peoples' lives as long as it is used for good
- Yes I have a big dog in my house, a standard poodle. She reduces stress for everyone she is in contact with.
- I do not discuss politics, especially the current administration.
I am a 52 year old married dad. I am a veteran and a teacher with over 20 years experience in the classroom.
I've had my share of struggles personally and professionally and would be happy to lend an ear to someone in need.
I feel that I can be of particular help for teens or parents of teens who are struggling with school. This is my area of expertise,
Due to my increasingly busy schedule, I am rarely on here. However, I do check and get messages from Members. Feel free to reach out and we can set aside I time to chat if you think I can be helpful to you.
*Due to some recent experiences, I've found it necessary to note that I give Members 100% of my attention and expect the same respect in return. If you are unable to devote your full attention to our chat and leave long gaps between responses, I will politely ask you to find a more suitable listener.
I'm not part of the "multi-tasking" generation. And if one checks the scientific research on the topic, one will find that effective multi-tasking is a myth. People can NOT do several things well at once. And when I am helping someone who is struggling - one frequent thing they need to do is FOCUS.
Doing so in a conversation about an important issue is a good place to start.
Welcome to 7Cups! I'm so glad you've found us!
My name is Aeryn! (My pronouns are he/him or they/them.) I love reading, listening to music, and rocking out in my pj's. I am in school full time and am studying medicine and business (I am aware that these are very different). I am here to listen!!!
I have been a member and a listener on here for quite some time, and I think this has progressed me as a listener. I try to answer any and all messages within two hours, even if my status is offline (I get phone notifications).
The times when I am most available are:
Mon-Fri 7:10- 10:00 EST
Sat 20:00-24:00 EST
Sun 19:00-23:00 EST
If you want to schedule a time outside of these windows, let me know. I try to be as flexible as possible.
If you want to plan a time to chat, click the button below!
Want to chat about an event? A terrible day at work? Chronic illnesses? Anxiety? Or anything else? I am here to listen!!