Hello to the wonderful person reading this
Brightheart, but you’re welcome to call me Bright or Kara
Casual Chats Friendly, safe place to laugh, have fun, and be supported. LGBTQ+Learning about different orientations, self-discovery, and feeling unsupported.
Student Life Managing time, tips for success, and providing support for self care. Exercise MotivationCreating exercise plans, staying motivated, and learning about healthy choices. Weight Management Tailoring food plans, gaining knowledge, and providing tips for self care.
Members: Welcome to 7cups, I’m so glad you came across my page! It can be really challenging to open up to someone, but know that you’re not alone and that I will never judge you. I may not be able to fix what you’re going through, but I will support you and be a friend to you through it all. I’ll happily chat with you if you are just looking for someone to have a lighthearted chat with or are looking for a long-term listener. Feel free to message me anytime, I will respond as soon as possible. Listeners: This site is full of many wonderful listeners. Thank you all for your amazing efforts and time spent on this site helping create such an amazing and enjoyable environment for all! If have any questions, send me a message, I’d be happy to answer them. I love meeting new listeners, so feel free to message me anytime if you want a listener buddy.
Projects and Teams
Peer Supporter Supporting listeners after a difficult or triggering chat with a member or guest. New Listener Welcome Supporting new listeners, providing assistance and resources, and answering
questions. New Member Welcome Helping new members, answering questions, and providing resources and
assistance. Long Term Members Connecting with members, building bonds, and providing continuing support. Listener Friends
@comfortableTruth52 - my best friend in the world 💙
@Yendi - fantastical friend and 7cups sista ❄
@AnyaS - my amazingly-awesome dancing twinny 💃
@juniperstarfish1 - best sidekick anyone could have 🌠
@Zammn - I love you all ❤
@LovingSoul93 - my British friend 🎊
@brilliantshoe - amazing friend and listener 🎆
@me - great Canadian twinny and friend 🐧
@ItsDev - potato buddy 🌈
@iAmJustAnAspiringScientist - funny, caring, wonderful friend 🚀
@Risenoutofash - amazing listener friend ✨
@EthEthos - my SMH buddy 🎇
@Lucy - funny friendo 🍂
@Zee22 - beautiful fwend 🌸
@Olala18 - pOLA-bear 🐻
@imjustlikeyouSDK - some things are better left unknown 🎉
@PerceptiveNightmare(╭☞ ๏ ͜ʖ ๏ )╭☞ AND A SHOUTOUT FOR YOU ☀
@Tco - my long lost nerdy twin from ‘Murica 🌮
@PositiveCookie22 - bestie 😺
*** Per 7 Cups policy, I do NOT accept Listener Support Chats. You will need to change to your Member account for support. ***On 7 Cups of Tea - I was a 7 Cups Mentor, was a Chat Support Group Moderator, and I still assist with Relationship Support within Forums Only.I'm heading towards my Master's Degree in Psychology and plan to become a licensed therapist in the near future once licensing has completed.I'm a Specialist (I only cover these areas):* Relationships - Boyfriend/Girlfriend Husband/Wife Issues
* All Aspects of Sexuality and Sexual Issues(If you have issues outside this area, I strongly encourage you to locate another Listener who is more equipped to handle your situation.)Qualifications:I hold several (6) degrees from regionally accredited universities and I'm also well read, easy to talk to, understanding, and have had a wealth of life experiences that makes talking to me simple... as someone who has probably been through some of the things that you have. I'm open-minded, motivational, and sometimes quite inspirational - providing those words that you may know you need to hear deep down, but unable to bring to the surface on your own. My words may not always be what you want to hear but you can depend on me to give you complete honesty. Also, I am not a judge or jury.
Confidentiality Statement:There is nothing you can say that will shock me. I take confidentiality VERY seriously. I will never tell anyone what you've shared with me in confidence. I'm here to provide a mirror, lamp, window, ladder, or a boat to a much more positive mental location than where you are now.Ground Rules for Discussions:1. I am not obligated to do anything other than listen to your issues. I am NOT paid for this work. I am, much like most on 7 Cups, a volunteer. I volunteer spare time that I have in order to help people through very difficult issues. Please maintain a high level of respect as a result. My time is consumed with a full-time job that is not related to this site along with college work to complete my degree. I volunteer for 7 Cups of Tea when I have the available time.
2. Simply because I listen to sexual situations or discussions is NOT an invite to engage in sexually stimulating conversation with me. I have a zero tolerance policy for this behavior. Our discussion is only therapeutic purposes and there are other sites where you can engage in this form of behavior if that is what you need - 7 Cups is not one of them.3. This is not Match.com. I am not interested in dating, meeting in real life, or sharing my personal information.4. Please keep your conversations to a maximum of 30 minutes to respect other members and guests - without prior approval for extensions. Please understand in advance that our relationship is not any sense of a long-term relationship or replacement for in-person support, therapy, or psychiatric care. I am also not equipped to provide to you on-going or long-term support of any type.
5. Please leave feedback! Your feedback is very valuable. My goal is to provide stellar service and I can only improve by your voicing your opinion on my delivery, approach, and professionalism.
6. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is rude, profane, or disrespectful.
7. I am not politically correct. I am not the Listener on 7 Cups that will gleefully tell you what you want to hear nor will I placate you with sweet nothings. I tell it like it is, but I do try to be tactful about it. Please note that if you connect with me, I'm going to be polite, professional, but I'm going to look at the situation from 360 degrees as best as I can to provide the best kind of support. If you're looking for PC discussions, placating conversation, patting you on the back when it is not warranted - there are other Listeners on 7 Cups that will be more than happy to accept your request to chat.
8. If you are on your Listener Account, I will either request that you use your Member Account or not respond at all. I used to request corrections, but I'm flooded with Listener requests for support which is against site policy. I'd love to talk to you, but not on your Listener Account. Thanks in advance.
I am currently not taking member chats!
About Me:Hey I’m Karrot,I am a 16 year old who loves to go on runs, play sports, of course doing homework (well its kinda not a choice but its good). One of my favorite things to do is play with my puppy she is only 6 months old right now . One thing you should know is that I do NOT take any chats on sexual or physical abuse. The topics that I am good at are Anxiety, BDP, Chronic Pain, Disabilities, Eating disorders and Panic attacks. But I am open to listening to anything. I am always open to lending an open ear. You can vent if you want to or just have a talk about anything really I’m open to it. Please note I do try to reply as soon as I can; when I am online I will respond quickly; busy I might be slow at answering and if I am offline I could be online but not. Just feel free to message me at anytime I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
My Roles:I am a verified listener here on 7 Cups and I am a part of the People of Color support team where I lead games night. I am also a Teen Peer Supporter and a Room Supporter.
Listener Twins:@MayaRoseBird5656 my tea loving corner buddy who is just about the sweetest person in the world is one of the best twins out there
@ thacker my late night twin
I gladly take new chats but I can't always reply quickly, every time. If you need immediate assistance, seek out a listener who is online right now.
I live in North America! If you live in the UK or a similar longitude, my current time is 7 hours earlier. If you live in eastern Europe my time could be about 10 hours earlier. If you live in Asia, think 12-14 hours earlier! Please consider the time zone differences when contacting me and do not be shocked if you do the math and I am non-responsive in the middle of North American night!
I am a 50+ year old male
I have experience in many areas that may be of interest to you
- I am a parent of 3 children, age range from teen to young adult
- I live in a house where real LGBTQ issues are positively supported including direct experience with transgender youth
- I live in a house where I support people with depression and anxiety
- For more than a decade I helped support an elderly parent suffering from dementia
- I work in a professional environment supervising hundreds of employees, working through common workplace issues daily
- I manage stress and anxiety of my own through personal accountability and exercise
- I am an atheist, but I respect the value and existence of religion in peoples' lives as long as it is used for good
- Yes I have a big dog in my house, a standard poodle. She reduces stress for everyone she is in contact with.
- I do not discuss politics, especially the current administration.
I'm MUW. Thank you for taking the time to visit my page!
I’m currently taking new members
Feel free to send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. It would be great if you could let me know what time it is you're usually available at.
I'm comfortable talking about any issue you have, or having general chit-chat.
-Listener Event Team
-Accepts long-term members
If you would like to browse other listeners, click here
If you would like to support 7cups, click here
If you would like to refer somebody to me, please share this with them: https://www.7cups.com/11460628
My referral button:
*Currently only taking positivity chats (uplifting chats that are not seeking support) and chats on LGBTQ+ topics.*
Hi there! My name is Roo, and welcome to my profile!
I am so glad that you've decided to reach out and talk about whatever it is that is on your mind! I know how scary and intimidating it can seem sometimes, but just know that I am here to provide a safe, positive, and nonjudgmental space for you to talk ❤
The topics I specialize in are LGBTQ+ related issues, and anxiety, but I promise to do my best to help you no matter what you may be struggling with! Some topics I'm not so good at are eating disorders and trauma. Sometimes there is a better suited listener, and I just want to make sure you are receiving the best support possible! If you feel we might not make a good fit, you can click >here< to browse for other listeners.
I DO NOT take chats on self-harm or sexual assault/abuse, as these are triggering topics for me. Thank you for understanding!
I am a doorkeeper, so you can PM me if you need a special room open or closed!
I am also a member of the verifiers team, so I can conduct a mock chat with you to help you earn the verified listeners badge. To learn about this and apply for a mock chat, click >here< My active roles:
My name is Roo and I use she/her pronouns. I live in the USA! I love to read, write, sing, dance, and watch youtube endlessly for hours xD My favorite artist is Taylor Swift and my favorite movie/book (I like both!) Is the Hunger Games!
I am a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, and I support people of all sexual/gender/romantic identities.🌈
I joined 7 cups in May of 2017 while seeking support during a difficult time in my life. In October of 2017 I signed up to be a listener, in hopes of making a positive impact on other's lives, and surrounding myself with love and compassion. I am very passionate about the 7 cups community, and I am always looking for someplace to improve myself :)
@Frankie ~frankiedaoldiebob aka the hippo with glasses~
@Erato ~Erato Potato~
@River ~Caught chu rivah!~
@Joe2017 ~Hey dude, how are you man?~
@DilatoryDaniiii ~Little Bro~
@wushycushy ~Mai Wushy Mama!~
Lovely person reading my bio, here are some things I want you to know:You are strong. Stronger than you could ever know. You are alive, right now, at this very moment! Do you know how much strength it takes to just be alive?
⭐You are beautiful. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Often times we lack the ability to see the beauty in ourselves that others see in us. Regardless of how you look, you are beautiful, inside and out.
⭐You are worth it. Your self worth can not be measured by anything anyone says, or what your brain tells you either! You deserve love, happiness, and respect. You deserve to get better.
⭐I believe in you. I think that everyone has the ability to heal, to pursue their goals, and to have good mental health. You are no different! No matter what is going on in your life, or how difficult your struggles might be, I am rooting for you!
⭐I am here for you. We all come from different walks of life, and I will never judge you because of yours. I am here to support you and offer kindness, sympathy, and compassion. I hope that we can be friends!
I'm glad we find each other here. I don't know what you are going through, but hey, you are not alone and I am willing to understand you. So please feel free to leave a message when you need someone to listen to you and/or to support you.
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen
*Only taking self-harm chats at the moment! Feel free to PM me for support with this topic! **Life is a journey that everyone goes through. Think of it as a story told by you. There are many ups in life as well as many downs but it is up to the author of each story to determine the next chapter.* ~Anya Members/GuestMental health is important 365 days/year. Many people suffer from mental health issues but they are too afraid to speak about it because of the stigma all around us. But what’s harder than dealing with mental health issues, is pretending that you aren’t struggling. You shouldn’t have to pretend like you are always okay, out of fear that others will judge you or talk about you or think any less of you. No matter what you are dealing with, you are still you. The only thing that matters is that you know your strength and your courage, and let me tell you, everything that you are is more than enough, no matter who you are or what you are going through. So don’t be ashamed of any part of it. Your battles are what shape you into that strong and amazing person. And no matter what anyone tells you, it’s okay not to feel that you are strong and amazing every day. It’s okay not to believe it for a while. It’s okay to struggle. I assure you, you are not alone. Every single one of us goes through that at some point or another. I will always be here to listen to your story, and I will not ever judge you, or make you feel ashamed of what you are going through, or see you as anything less than the wonderful person you are. Because I know that at the end of the day, the one who has the courage to speak about it, is the one who is the strongest of them all. ListenersI want you all to remember that you guys are truly amazing. Spending time on here to help others during your free time shows dedication, compassion, and kindness on your part. Thank you so much for doing this. I know that all of our fellow members truly appreciate it! Got a question for me? Feel free to send me a message at any time and I will get back to you as soon as I can!My InvolvementChatroom Teen Star LeaderQuality Teen StarTeen Listener Teams Leader Listener Learning Support Team Leader (Teens)Self Harm Recovery Support Team Leader (Teens)Peer Supporter Group Moderator Chatroom DoorkeeperIt's a wonderful honor to have the opportunity to train others, to guide them while they learn and to be a friend throughout their journies! I am so thankful for all of my amazing mentees who are always willing to learn and who make everything I do on here worth it! It's a blessing to be able to witness your growth and watch you become the amazing listeners you are!Thank you to @summertimesamness and @Imogene , two of my mentees who made me these beautiful personalized cards! I truly appreciate the time you took to make these! It really touches my heart that you guys did this! @summertimesamness@Imogene