10 Best Self-Care Inspirational Quotes
Quotes to help you remember that every day can be a positive step toward a healthier, happier you
For those days when you don’t feel your best (it’s normal and okay to feel bad sometimes), here are 10 quotes to help you remember that you are awesome, loved, and deserve to be loved!
1. “Words are doctors for the diseased temper.”
— Aeschylus Greek Dramaturg
Words filled with love and empathy can calm the soul.
2. “We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.”
— Ray Bradbury
Day by day we relive good and bad moments and can feel overwhelmed by trying to hold everything in our cups. Deciding what to accept, forgive, and love should be a daily habit that we often forget.
3. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.”
— Henry Ward Beecher
4. “Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.”
— Henry Miller
We have the opportunity to look at every moment in our life as a precious instant that has something for us to learn, overcome and love.
5. “A good deed is its own reward.”
— Seneca Anneo
We constantly face numerous decisions - some choices can affect just our lives, and others the whole planet. Doing good, as little or as big as it is, is always the right choice.
6. “Be patience with everybody, but above all, with yourself."
— Saint Francis de Sales
When we’re walking in our path toward feeling better, and we have a less-than-stellar day, we tend to blame ourselves. But keep in mind that we are all on a working path, a path that should always include love and patience.
7. “Self-trust is the essence of heroism.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
We are our own salvation - in ourselves, there is the force of our own wellbeing.
8. “Selfishness well understood is philanthropy well practiced”
— José María Vigil
Working toward your health will never be selfish. Getting some time for you is a natural need, to understand your own feelings and beliefs.
9. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
— Robert Louis Stevenson
Keep moving, doing, learning and walking, and you’ll continue moving forward.
10. “The truth happiness, it doesn’t matter with whom you live it, is living your life without contradictions in your inner world.”
— Luis Spota
Knowing yourself and understanding your feelings can be a key to feeling better, calm, and to build empathy.