PoliteOcean Starfish 2015
on December 30th, 2017

WEEKLY HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN DECEMBER 30TH!~

WEEKLY HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN DECEMBER 30TH!~

HEY EVERYONE!

WELCOME TO OUR "WEEKLY" HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN!....Well, we have arrived to our "LAST" Check-in for 2017!

HOW has everyone been doing or feeling over this past week?

How did you celebrate the Christmas Holiday? What gifts did you give or receive?

Were you able to stay on track with eating or exerising?

How were you able to manage any holiday stressors?

What plans do you have to "Ring in the NEW YEAR"?!

What things would YOU like to  talk about or share with us?! WE want to hear from YOU!! smiley

@Vivelespatates@DancingAlong @PhoenixAsh @Erato @BlueberryFriend  @BridgetAileen @AffyAvo  @TakeAStandAgainstBullying  @Moj @AliNurse @RoseRael @sail46  @JLantern @Zeraphim  @Sadme70  @Gardenlady @mimameid @MellieTronx  @lovingbanana5204 @DogLover1991  @fruityvision  @Essdee  @Windflowers @Alia2 @DragonFaerie @Cloudysummer @888Butterfly888 @Kevan @inventiveWheel @softFern50 @brightCherry8538 @intuitiveWest8187 @DavidMatt @bubbleChestnut3363 @mm13 @SwampWitch @strugglingmegan @Ravenclaw7 @Iris22 @philosophicalperson8202 @Consciousawakening @orangeOwl1462 @Keola @DrDonut @AlluraRae @HopefulSong17 @Rebekahwriter13 

**AND ANY AND ALL NEWBIES!!

Unknown
on December 30th, 2017

@PoliteOcean its not been easy for me this week me and my ex wife have not been together for over 6 months that is not the biggest part thats hard its that i have two smart kids that i dont get to see so when christmas came around i was not able to see my kids so its hard to not get to see them but its something i guess its sad to say but i am getting used to not seeing my kids but its very hard to deal with and it makes me cry alot and just really miss my kids

on December 30th, 2017

@Lovelife1982

I'm really sorry to hear that Lovelife.. I truly hope that you can manage to get things worked out and be with your kids more.  I'm a parent, so I know how being away from our kids can make us feel. Mine is an adult now, and its still difficult to not be able to be around him or hang out with him like I would like to or how we used to. I hope all of this comes together for you soon. Please hang in there and know that we are here for you! Thank you so much for checking in this week and letting us know how you've been doing.

oakhenge Turtle 2017
on December 31st, 2017

@Lovelife1982

I cry with you. I am blessed to have been with my grandkids over the Yule holidays, the new year finds me isolated from them again. There is nothing I can do and I choose to turn my mind to how I can contribute to life and living otherwise, but it isn't easy. Blessings and may you find inner peace and growth.

Unknown
on December 30th, 2017

2017 was a great year. but still hoping that 2018 will be even better, mainly for Healthy Living room  

on December 30th, 2017

@vivelespatates

Yes Vivel.. 2017 was a good year. And yes, Hopefully we can plan great things ahead for the New Year of 2018.

Talk to an expert therapist
Fantastic.
Reviewed Jun 20, 2018
on December 30th, 2017

**All in all the past week was pretty decent. It started off great with Christmas Eve which we spent here at my house. My son stayed the night so it was great waking up with him on Christmas morning like old times when he was a child. And then on Christmas day in the early afternoon we went over to my Moms house where we had a big family dinner and exchanged and opened MORE gifts! lol.... Everyone enjoyed and it was a really great time. I always seem to be at my best when I'm able to spend time with my family.

**My anxiety levels were lower this past week, which is always a good thing. I was Not able to stay on plan with eating or exercising. Not with all the leftovers and treats around from both Christmas Eve and Day... And my body really felt it all.... I felt "Lethargic" pretty much all week! Low energy, even some periods of mild depression (possibly due to the fact that it has been much colder here this week) and I haven't been really able to get out since Christmas Day. So I was indoors for a few days after Christmas, and feel like I didn't accomplish much. But maybe that was also my body telling me to just "relax" and "do nothing"? Either way, thats what I did. And I can feel the effects that the different "foods" had on my body this past week. So this weekend I will be getting back out and restocking my home again with better groceries to start the NEW YEAR and healthier efforts!~yes

**I took time off this past week From teaching any Fitness classes so I could just be home and give my body and mind a break and spend time with my family. In the coming week I intend to get the house back in shape from the Holidays and get back on schedule with workouts and eating plan. 

I Hope Everyone Else had a Great Holiday Week~ smiley

BridgetAileen Penguin 2016
on December 30th, 2017

@PoliteOcean, I'm glad y'all had such a lovely Christmas together as a family. Being with family is one of the best feelings in the world, isn't it? Oh, can I ever relate about the food and the body feeling the effects. I'm looking forward to the New Year and getting back on track with everything, too. It's good to take time off from the normal routine sometimes, but always nice to get back to it as well. 

Huge hugs!

on December 30th, 2017

@BridgetAileen

Thank you so much for your support Bridget!...and yes, I have to agree, I love being with my family any chance we have to get together. I really hope that you enjoyed your Christmas Holiday with yours as well!

And I'm certainly with you on getting back on track for the New Year. I hate that feeling of thinking that I've gotten so far "off track" and left feeling "how do I get back on it"!?...So its time to take some steps again to get back there!..... I really was surprised at how physically "off track" I felt this past week.  I actually felt "comatose"! lol...I haven't felt like that in years! (Since I started my healthy living journey)... Just goes to show how what we put in our bodies can affect us in so many different ways when we don't properly fuel it.

HUGE HUGS back at ya'! heart

Zeraphim Camel 2017
on December 30th, 2017

I've been handling stressors pretty well. There haven't been too many, thankfully. My partner is sick at the moment, but I've been able to stay healthy thus far. 

I've been wanting to make some vegan bologese sauce for pasta and some veggie burgers, but I've been lacking motivation. I have all the ingredients in the fridge, and I'm concerned it's all gonna go bad soon, while I'm also concerned that I'll get started and lose motivation before it's finished. I still want it done, though. 

I've been able to get some physio exercises in, which is more than I usually do, so I'm proud of myself for that. 

My partner and I have a bottle of sparkling red grape juice to pop open and share as we ring in the new year Sunday night, from the couch.  We're stick inside until he has recuperated, otherwise we'd go spend time at his folks' place during the day.

Zeraphim Camel 2017
on December 30th, 2017

*bolognese sauce - specifically this one

**We're stuck inside

on December 30th, 2017

@Zeraphim

Its great that you've been handling your stressors well. Thats always a great start to battleling any challenge.

The sauce you are making sounds really interesting?!.. I've heard of it. I'm always looking for new healthier recipes to incorporate. Perhaps you can share your recipe with us in the Food section at some point?!

Thanks for the Sparkling juice idea.. I forgot I used to get that all the time to ring in the New Year (since I'm not a drinker)... I might do that as well. Its always great to have something to toast the new year in with. Lately, I've been usually standing there with a wine glass of "Water"! lol... Oh well..lol... Thank you so much for checking in this week and letting us know how things have been going for you! And have a great New Year with your guy!

Keola Starfish 2015
on December 30th, 2017

Hiya all...

I feel i spoiled my love ones with both material and emotional gifts, i truly tried...they were all happy and thankful for them and i am happy as well. They deserve so much.

I gotta admit, my eating habits arent the greatest but i do have some will power to stop eating when i was full. water intake is good, but i could improve. exercise isnt the greatest but i am changing that in 2018. my plantar fasciitis is 90%better...planning on going back to Zumba, Zumba toning, and cardio hip hop. I'm even planning on going back to my hiking...Healthy living for 2018 for sure xD

on December 30th, 2017

@Keola

Wow Keola.. that is a pretty great check-in. Despite the fact that you felt you didn't do your best in the terms of eating, its great that  your foot is healing and getting better, and you already have a plan in place for the New Year ahead and making goals for yourself. (More water, different Zumba formats, and Hiking!) ALL GREAT Choices ahead!...

You've got this! You know what it is  you need to do to get on track. Once your mind is on track with that plan, then the only thing left to do is to put it all in motion! And I believe you will smiley

(And theres no such thing as spoiling our family too much!) cheekywink Christmas only comes once a year... What better time to spoil them all right?! heart After all, they're our family!

Thanks so much for checking in this week and letting us know how things have been going for you!

Mellietronx Eagle 2015
on December 30th, 2017

@PoliteOcean

HOW has everyone been doing or feeling over this past week? PMS...booooo

How did you celebrate the Christmas Holiday? What gifts did you give or receive? I spent time with my friends. I got a couple books, gel pens, planner, Amazon Fire, new band for my fitbit, and a care box from Blurt Foundation :)

Were you able to stay on track with eating or exerising? Not really :(

How were you able to manage any holiday stressors? lots of rest and essential oils :)

What plans do you have to "Ring in the NEW YEAR"?! PARTY!

on December 30th, 2017

@Mellietronx

Great check-in post Mellie!

Sounds like you had a great Christmas with your friend, as well as it sounds like you got a lot of great gifts! (I got a new FitBit Band too!) lol...I have gone through so many of those things in the year and 1/2 that I had mine.

Despite the PMS, its good to hear that you are doing well otherwise. And even though you aren't on track all the way, its the holiday season, and that is to be expected somewhat. Hang in there, it will all come together again. Thanks so much for checking in as always and keeping us informed on how things are going for you!

on December 30th, 2017

I've been feeling really good this week. The new additional depression medication my doctor prescribed seems to have kicked in full force, and it's making a world of difference. Such a welcome relief to feel things and have energy and motivation again!!! smileylaughheart

Actually, our plans for Christmas didn't quite work out. My sister (the one who hosts family gatherings) and my nephew both came down with the flu on Christmas Eve, so we've postponed our family gathering until, they're feeling up to it. Mom and I ended up taking the appetizer I made, the fruit salad and pie she made and having that with chicken and new potatoes that she had and broccoli and asparagus that I had. So we enjoyed a nice Christmas meal together and then watched a Carol Burnett and Friends marathon. We enjoyed our day immensely. 

I didn't stay on track with eating or exerising, but I usually don't during the holidays and give myself permission to do so within reason.

I was able to manage any holiday stressors quite well this year. I"m feeling good...excited, motivated, and *finally* have some energy! Woot! Woot!

I don't generally do much for New Year's. This year I'll go to church Sunday morning if the roads aren't icy. I'll stay up at least until midnight (which is typical for me since I'm a serious night owl and rarely go to bed before 1 am anyway) and have a glass of wine or egg nog. I'll call Mom and text a few other people after midnight. Then on New Year's Day, I'll spend time relaxing, refelecting, journaling, doing a few things around the house...and eat some black-eyed peas. laugh Hoppin' John if I'm really industrious. LOL!

on December 31st, 2017

@BridgetAileen

Oh I'm sorry to hear that your original Christmas Plans fell through, however its great that you and your mom managed to "salvage" the Holiday and enjoy it together!.. And how nice it is that you  will all attempt to get together when they are feeling better (it gives you something to look forward too!). 

I love Carol Burnett.. I remember (Carol Burnette and Friends) lol.... me and my mom would watch that together, but we REEEALLLY enjoyed her on "Mama's Family"! lol.... Oh how I loved her and Vickie Lawrence together lol.....

Its ok that you didnt' stay on track for the holidays, just as you said, you give yourself an "allowance within reason".. and thats great because we shouldn't deprive ourselves of the good things and "happy" moments/times/occasions!... Everything in moderation so they say!.. I'm glad that your meds are kicking in and working for you. Thats really great for you!

You sound like you will have a great New Years planned..I'm a "True Night-owl" myself, so Thats pretty much what I intend to do here too. Nice and quiet, probably watch the Ball drop on Tv in Times Square of course... and make something in the Crock Pot! lol... My mom bought me several new Journals for Christmas, so sounds like we both got a plan for some 'New Years Journaling' ahead of us! lol.....ENJOY YOUR BLACKEYED PEAS!!yes and HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU my friend!! Thank you so much for checking in this week! heart

on December 31st, 2017

@PoliteOcean

And my second great nephew came into the world on the 28th, so maybe by the time we all get together for our Belated Christmas, he'll be able to come, too. heart

I remember those comedians on Carol Burnett and Mama's Family so well...Carol, Vicki Lawrence, Harvey Korman, Tim Conway, Lyle Waggoner, and Ken Berry. That had to be some of the funniest stuff of all time. Right up there with the best of the best. Do you remember Tim Conway falling down the stairs? He did that in several skits...soooooooo hysterical. Harvey and Carol couldn't keep a straight face.

Mmmm...something in the crock pot. It's going to be down in the teens here, so that sounds soooo good. Ooooh! New journals. Your mom was good to you. I love notebooks and journals, pens and markers, papers and anything from the office supply store. LOL! I'm dangerous in book stores, office supply stores, and craft stores. Hahahahaha! cheeky

Haaaapppyyy New Year! 

energeticFarm4649 Turtle 2017
on December 31st, 2017

@PoliteOcean

My father gave me a heart rate monitor for Christmas. It was delivered today. I started setting everything up today and did my first workout to try it out! I am totally geeking out over all of the data it can measure.

on December 31st, 2017

@energeticFarm4649

Oh that is AWESOME for you!!... What kind did you get?!... That is  a really great gift (since they can also be expensive as well depending on what type you get).. So I'm so glad for you that you have one and are able to start your Healthy Living Journey!

Thank you so much for posting and sharing this with us!... Please continue to check in and let us know how things are going with you and with your new monitor and how you are doing with it all!... I'm excited to hear about it!

on December 31st, 2017

@PoliteOcean

It's a Garmin 735. I have only used Polar products before. And the one I had in college I absolutely loved. So this time, I wanted to have that feeling again. And this one is really just creating the same feeling for me, that it's easy to use.

Ironically, in college, I became so attached and dependent on my HRM, I used to look at it expecting it to tell me the weather.

This one does!!!! LOL soooo funny.

oakhenge Turtle 2017
on December 31st, 2017

I find myself isolated for the new year and, though it's hard, am choosing not to wallow. A wise person said that what you do on the last day of the year, you will do all the days of the new year. With that in mind, I'm reaching out to new friends on-line, and, though it is freezing outside and tons of snow on the ground, am walking to the gym and finding lots of trees to walk under today. There's a short-story I've been prewriting that I will start writing today. To fuel myself, I will enjoy lots of raw and cooked veggies today and NO processed sugar.

This intention is a huge step forward for me on this day, new year's eve because this is the day of my wedding. Husband died five years ago much too young (age 57) and I was 55. New years eve and day was we were always together. Learning to enjoy this time alone is huge. Learning to love my oldest and dearest living friend (my body) has not been easy but is happening.

Blessings and warmth to you all - oak

on December 31st, 2017

@oakhenge

What a heart-warming post....

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding yourself isolated this New Years eve....But, its great that you made a plan to not sit around in it and to let it get you down. (And by the way , I have heard that old saying myself about what you do on the last day of the year etc...)....Today I have been doing nothing but relaxing and if I must admit, (being a little on the lazier side)...But perhaps that means I will just take more time for continual "self care" and "relaxation" in the New Year??!...  lol.... I guess its all in the way that we look at the "Big Picture" wink

I love how you are making a plan to reach out to friends and walk to the gym! Now walking to the gym with a ton of snow on the ground, NOW THAT IS DEDICATION! yes Way to go! And sounds like you are making awesome strides towards staying on track with Healthier eating plans (which alot of us tend to get off track with for the Holidays)....And good luck to you on getting that Short-story off and running!.. What will the story be about?!

I'm really sorry to hear about the your husband. And yes I'd have to agree that is awfully young....  I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. But nobody ever said suffering a loss is easy for us..... I do hope that in that time you have found ways and coping skills that have helped you to keep moving forward in the best way that you are able to do. And it sounds like here in your post, that you are doing just that. And that is great progress for sure while also continuing to honor him, his memory and your life that you spent together.

And I'm really proud of you for taking a step to "learn to love your own body"... that is something a majority of us have a challenging time doing. Which is why alot of us are here in this community (to make improvements and be the healthiest that we are able to be) and continue to support one another. Know that we are here for you in whatever you need. Whether its for help, to chat, or to vent. We are here to support you. 

I want to extend my warmest and heartfelt wishes for a very Happy New Year to you... Many blessings to you ahead. Thank you so much for checking in this week and letting us know how you've been doing. heart

on January 1st

@oakhenge

Hooray! You're here! 

No snow here in my part of Texas; however, it's really cold (for us, anyway). LOL! At 9 pm we were are 26 F, and the temperature is expected to drop into the teens. We don't get a lot of that. It makes it really hard for me to get the dogs to go out and "do thier thing". LOL!

I know that I'm looking at taking better care of my oldest  and dearest friend this year, too. wink I started eating mostly plant-based on August 25th and am going through a challenge on facebook for those who want a vegan challenge. I did it back in August-September, but I just want a bit of extra oomph here right after the holidays. Ocean and other community leaders are really good about posting check-ins, exercises, tips, and such; so I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here. 

I'm sorry you're feelilng so isolated on New Year's Eve. I tend to do New Year's Eve on my own now that I'm no longer a Spring Chicken. wink Sometimes I'll go over to my mom's house and we'll stay home together. I'm not all that exciting any longer. LOL!

Thanks for following me, and I look forward to getting to know you. 

Happy New Year!

on January 1st

@PoliteOcean

So, last few years I've gone through huge upheaval and transition in my life....

But usually I like to start the year with a cleanse. A digestive cleanse kit, but also eating cleanse. Cut out: dairy, sugar, salt, meat and bread. So, that leaves veggies, oils and grains, basically. rice rather than wheat. and lean proteins like fish and chicken.

However, in my new home getting this kind of diet together is more challenging. I don't have a rice cooker, for example. Or a large fridge or freezer to store bigger quantities.

I did bring back the digestive cleanse two week kit, however, because I couldn't find anything, so now I am equipped to start the year off with a cleanse.

on January 1st

@energeticFarm4649

Wow Farm.. sounds really interesting. I have personally never done that, it does sounds like a good start to "detoxing" your body and making a 'Fresh Start' in the New Year. Let us know how this goes for you... I'm sure our bodies can really benefit from a good cleansing (Especially after All the "Holiday Excess!")

Thank you so much for checking in this week and letting us know how things have been going for you!

braveKiwi9562 Turtle 2017
on January 4th

Three days in a row I have been consistent with my workout of 10 lifts with weight on each arm, 50 sit-ups , 1hr on exercise bike or 30 minutes if I’m feeling lazy and then I do another 50 sit-ups and 10 lifts on weight

braveKiwi9562 Turtle 2017
on January 4th

My weight has stayed at around the range of 160-162 but I am hoping I can lose 20 pounds and more before the end of 2018

*Support Forum Disclaimer