sheherpronouns Turtle 2017
on January 3rd

agoraphobic cocoon

so, 5 weeks and 6 days ago, I was broken up with, because my mental state was negatively affecting my (former) girlfriend's. 

she did what was right for her. 

me, I'm still reeling. 

it's gotten to where all I can do is cocoon myself in bed completely, blocking out all light. 

I can't go out alone, because everything reminds me of her, or everything triggers thoughts of how I can hurt myself to escape the pain. 

if I'm outside with a friend, I feel okay. but my friends are fewer and farther in between, many are unavailable due to life. many others are dropping out because of my mental health. 

so all I can do is cocoon, which is not good. I just don't know what else to do. 

enbyemu Starfish 2017
on January 8th

@sheherpronouns

In college, I dated someone for a few years that I thought I was going to marry. When she broke up with me, I spent most of my free time sleeping. For months, I spent most of my free time sleeping. I didn't make the connection until later - I thought I was just tired all the time. I just felt so emotionally drained that all I had the energy to do was sleep. And when I was awake, I just went through the motions of what I had to do. It sucked. And there was no specific thing I did to make it better - it just kind of happened naturally. Very, very slowly, but it still happened. It took months, but I got there.

It's easy for me to say, "All it takes is time" from the other side of an event like that. If I was in your position, I'd probably feel like this was the most pointless advice ever. But it's all I've got.

Good luck.

Talk to an expert therapist
I've been through a few therapists now and Mark is the best I have worked with to date. He is very intelligent and open minded, attentive, and in depth. I would recommend Mark for those who want a practical, skills based therapist who will actually read everything you write.
Reviewed Apr 21, 2018
*Support Forum Disclaimer