sheherpronouns Turtle 2017
on January 3rd

agoraphobic cocoon

so, 5 weeks and 6 days ago, I was broken up with, because my mental state was negatively affecting my (former) girlfriend's. 

she did what was right for her. 

me, I'm still reeling. 

it's gotten to where all I can do is cocoon myself in bed completely, blocking out all light. 

I can't go out alone, because everything reminds me of her, or everything triggers thoughts of how I can hurt myself to escape the pain. 

if I'm outside with a friend, I feel okay. but my friends are fewer and farther in between, many are unavailable due to life. many others are dropping out because of my mental health. 

so all I can do is cocoon, which is not good. I just don't know what else to do. 

enbyemu Starfish 2017
on January 8th

@sheherpronouns

In college, I dated someone for a few years that I thought I was going to marry. When she broke up with me, I spent most of my free time sleeping. For months, I spent most of my free time sleeping. I didn't make the connection until later - I thought I was just tired all the time. I just felt so emotionally drained that all I had the energy to do was sleep. And when I was awake, I just went through the motions of what I had to do. It sucked. And there was no specific thing I did to make it better - it just kind of happened naturally. Very, very slowly, but it still happened. It took months, but I got there.

It's easy for me to say, "All it takes is time" from the other side of an event like that. If I was in your position, I'd probably feel like this was the most pointless advice ever. But it's all I've got.

Good luck.

Talk to an expert therapist
She’s very good
Reviewed Jan 22, 2018
*Support Forum Disclaimer