kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

Self Harm Recovery Daily Check In Saturday 23th Sep

Hi awesome people and recovery ninjas! 

I would love to hear how you are doing today.

How is your day going so far?

What is on your mind, what would you like to share with us?

Do you have tips for people who think about telling their friends or parents about their SH behaviour?

Taglist:

@Eccho @DanteEntrouvich @blossombreathe @RaCat @Autismaunt14 @CreativeCamp2095 @Derpydingosdancing @finnmarjoram @blissedNblessed @AMusicalSilence @wontsleepwontwake @InvaderStitch @RumpleSteeleSkin @kindsoul10 @Ady23 @IndigoPond221 @FluffyKittens86 @wistfulMoon @Dapperdime7735 @321wegolive @Juniter @Azurentz @astray @Gr33nIvy @PhoenixAsh @Erato @raspberryMoon5394 @EnigmaForte @littleCup5877 @happydandan @Roseutopia @Zammn

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

My day hasn't started yet 1am. Lol. 

No thoughts as of yet. 

I'd tell them that it would be good to tell a close friend or parents or someone they truly trust. So that they have a good accountability support group. 

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan thanks for checking in. I hope you found sleep and start your day refreshed. 

Having a support networks definetly can be beneficial.

Thanks Dan, please check-in as often as you like today. :)

blissedNblessed Eagle 2016
on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan

right on!

a good accountability and support group is so necessary! 

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan day is good. It's going to be a lazy day indeed. :-) 

I learned a new mindfulness technique :-) shoutout @blissedNblessed :-):-):-):-)<3<3<3<3

I absolutely love it Thankyou<3<3<3<3

on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan

yay! I am so glad that you like it and that it works so well with you :) <3

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed just realized that I posted on the wrong category. Lol. It works though for other people I guess. Lol. Note to self: check the wall don't go in half blind. Lol.

Someone laugh please. 

on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan

roflmao - seriously.

It is all good

and YASSS, it works for ALL catagories and issues actually!

<3

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed Thankyou. 

Btw I haven't even thought of shing for awhile. #8yearsclean

on September 23rd, 2017

@happydandan

8 years:

YOU ARE AN AMAZING RECOVERY NINJA! <3

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed @happydandan both of you are awesome ninjas

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@kindSoul10 Thankyou

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed Thankyou

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@happydandan Went to the  National World War 2 museum :-) It was great and sad.

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@happydandan yeah, those mixed feelings. It's still great those educational places exist.

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10 Yes it is. I love museums :-)

Talk to an expert therapist
Exclusive offer:
Start a Free
3-day Trial Now
Erato
on September 23rd, 2017

I grabbed some sleep today tho it's a lazy day, I'm glad that I was able to rest.

"Even attempting recovery is showing strength." -mhconsumer 

Do you have tips for people who think about telling their friends or parents about their SH behaviour?

You don't have to force yourself if you're uncomfortable telling anyone. Take one step at a time. You can start off with telling a certain friend who you trust then your parents. Expect that they'll be shocked and they will not understand at first, it's a natural reaction for people to act that way. But you can explain to them your reasons why and how often you do it so that they will be informed and aware of what you do.

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@Erato hey, hurray for lazy day! Recharging your batteries is always good!

Taking one step at the time. That's a great suggestion, Erato. ❤

"Even attempting recovery is showing strength." -mhconsumer

Such a beautiful, empowering quote. Thanks for sharing, Erato!

shyblackberry026 Elephant 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

I'm at a volleyball tournament and my cuts from last night are showing because our shorts for our uniform are so short. I'm so scared someone will notice them 

Tiggergirl Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@shyblackberry026 awwww I'm sooo sorry. :-( 

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@shyblackberry026 I understand. I believe others should respect if you don't want to talk about it. However can you think of answers to give if they point out your scarfs?

Someone tried those : https://youtu.be/wk2XAEVXjDg

Everybody : Any thoughts on how to respond to difficult questions about SH ?

creativeHemlock4949 Fish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@shyblackberry026

also you do not have to talk about it when someone asks and you don't want to. you are not obligated to tell them anything. but I hope you are recovering/have recovered :)

on September 23rd, 2017

@creativeHemlock4949 @kindsoul10 one girl noticed and I told her it was just a scratch. Only a little bit of one of the many scars were showing. It was a lot harder to focus on playing when I was so worried about someone seeing

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@shyblackberry026 I can imagine it wasn't easy to focus on the game afterwards. It seems like you somehow managed the situation. Maybe you are more prepared next time when this kind of questions come up. 

on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10 yeah, I think I am 

on September 23rd, 2017

Posting early again as to make sure I check in and to set intentions for the day .  It is going well so far but not much planned excpet for watching a horror movie and maybe cleaning - oh the life, lol! I used to have to schedule every minute of my day for fear I might SH if i wasnt busy all the time , not so much anymore - I have urges, but I cant seem to get myself to SH - its like i made this sacred conntract with myself and to sh breaks that - if that makes any sense. 

Not much...LOL. Um....If anyone has any fun ideas of what to do to fill up a weekend, let me know. I mean, I HAVE a LOT of things i need to do - but some fun would be nice too - heeeeeee!

1. make sure you have a support group beyond the person you are thinking of telling, just in case that person doesnt support you or react in the way you need - that way you still have support. Get together an emerceny box!

emergency box:

inside a decorated box are all things to remind you that you will be okay and to keep you from SH...like:

a cd of your fav non trigger music

a letter you write to yourself about how worthy you are and how you are strong enough to talk away from self harm

something to papmper yourself with ( i have a lil bags of bath oils, soaps and bath salts)

a fav insporational poem ( I have the Desierata in mine)

paper and pen to write down how you feel, a poem, a story, journal or rant

an envelope with a stamp on it already and write yourself a letter to mail to yourself about the courage it took to not sh 

a list of support sytems to reach out to asap in case the askign for help didnt go well

a sheet with a lot of help lines and hotlines on it for you to call if you need to talk to someone

a list of numbers of friends and family that do support you that you can call

a list of distractions and fun things you like to do you can use as distractions from sh

a list of coping skills that work for you

put in the box physical reminders of these coping skills......

just things likt that...makeit your own <3 

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed I understand that you have that urges to SH. I hear you telling us about the contract you made with yourself and now you cope much better dealing with that urges. That's a great accomplishment and I hope you're as proud of yourself as I am proud of you. 

I hear you plan to have a fun time. I really need that too. Maybe we can brainstorm some ideas how to have a fun time. Any ideas yet?

By the way I love the idea of your emergency box. That's a wonderful idea. heart You are awesome ninja!

on September 23rd, 2017

@kindSoul10

Thanks!

That contract I made with myself really saves me - I don't want to go back to the old me or old life i was living when I was SHing.

Even when I am Just about to do it - something about that contract makes me stop and do something else - no matter how hard it is.

And thanks for being prou of me - i am super proud of myself too <3 

Took me a LONG time to get here. ( worth the wait)

Awww- glad you liked the emergency box idea - it also serves as a fun DIY craft! hehheh

fun things, I hear ya ! Yasss - let's add more of that into our lives.

I have not done anything fun yet today, just stuff i have to do.....still planning on a movie later though :) 

What are the fun things you are going to try to add into your life?

Yes! Let's brainstorm!

Im thinking: um...movies, DIY stuff, um...I make aromatherapy oils ( thats fun for me), going to a play or live music ( though that cant be an every day thing...social media can be fun sometimes, writing poetry, reading poetry, creating art, henna on yourself, eek - this is hard! lol

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@blissedNblessed I add 

Doodling, listening to music, fooling around without being hurtful, making silly faces, searching silly face pictures on the Internet, sharing funny/silly things 

on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10

those are great! ( adds then to my list).

<3

Shygirl02 Starfish 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

My day hasnt been very interesting. Not doing much of anything today. 

Last night i self harmed for the first time in months. I was doing really good and now im upset with myself. I haven't told anyone cause im worried what they will think after all these months of me doing better. 

I don't have any experience with telling family but i did with friends. I always expected the worst and they were always super supportive. Make sure it's someone you trust and dont be scared. 

LinearWaves
on September 24th, 2017

@Shygirl02

I hope you were able to rest or chill on this day even if it wasn't interesting, it's sometimes nice to have days when we don't do much! I'm very sorry to hear that you self-harmed last night for the first time in months... I can definitely understand that you haven't told anyone because of what they will think but I'd like to say that I'm very proud of you for not giving it all these months, even if last night you self-harmed it's still a success because you were able to push it away all these months and that is truly amazing! Apart from being upset with having self-harmed again, how do you feel about this relapse? I mean sometimes we have a little relapse just to fight even stronger after, do you feel that way?

I like what you say about expecting the worst but friends happened to be supportive! I'm glad that it went like that for you and I wish the same for everyone. When we trust someone of course it's pretty scary but hopefully it turns out better than expected!

Take good care of yourself, you are very strong and if you need to talk further about how you feel or anything, feel free to message me of any other listener 💕

Shygirl02 Starfish 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@LinearWaves

I feel like it was a moment of weakness. Like I should have done better and instead of continuing to fight the urge I just did what was easy and gave in. I don't know about doing it to fight off future urges. I just feel like I was alone and felt bad and just did what I knew. 

LinearWaves
on September 24th, 2017

@Shygirl02

Well we're humans, we all have our moments of weakness. I mean after all fighting is hard so sometimes we need breaks. Unfortunately this sometimes means getting back to old known habits... What matters is only to get back up again and ready to fight the next urges 💪 What usually helps you fight them?

Shygirl02 Starfish 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@LinearWaves

Talking to people usually helps. Other than that I just distract myself the best I can so I'm not thinking about it. 

Autismaunt14 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

How is your day going so far? its been ok, been mostly sleeping all day and still tired yet tonite

Do you have tips for people who think about telling their friends or parents about their SH behaviour? just to be honest with them if cant or dont feel comfable talking with them about it theres lots of videos thats others has made to explain to parents about it, and i hope they will listen and be of help and comfort unlike mine that just brushed if off like it was nothing.

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 23rd, 2017

@Autismaunt14 I'm glad you're doing okay. Sometimes it's just like that : being tired. I hope you can fill up your batteries. Anything in mind how to do this ?

I hear you're parents brushed it off when you told them about sh and you wish they where more supportive. I wish it was like that and I second your wish for supportive parents for others too. 

It's true there are lots of videos. I wonder which of them you find supportive. I hope someone will share a link or two.

on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10

LikeKristen- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWHzDXDGYU

wasnt able find other one was trying find

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@Autismaunt14 thanks for sharing! 

on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10

your very welcome i hope its helpful for you and anyone else that would need it, theres lots more on ytube too was just too tired yesterday n still just as tired today to find anymore. i know Kati Morton had one and a few more that i watch there videos when they come out. have a great day

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 24th, 2017

This is a shout-out to Saturday check-ins recovery ninjas! I am aware some of you ninjas are hiding in your cover or didn't feel like sharing. However you still are a ninja and please count yourself in.

@happydandan
@blissedNblessed
@Erato
@shyblackberry026
@creativeHemlock4949
@Shygirl02
@LinearWaves
@Autismaunt14

If you like to add yourself to this list reply to this posting and tag yourself like this:
I'm @kindSoul10 and I am a recovery ninja. 

LinearWaves
on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10

Thank youuu I love this ninjas shout-out! Shout out to you too ❤️ 

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 24th, 2017

@LinearWaves you are awesome! heart

on September 24th, 2017

@kindSoul10

thank you so so so much for this! I love it.

kindSoul10 Kangaroo 2017
on September 25th, 2017

@blissedNblessed you are awesome!  Thanks for the feedback! 

*Support Forum Disclaimer