meadowfox Starfish 2018
2 days ago

I feel I'm going to be the most "defective" or deeply troubled person here. i'm 42 and nearly my entire adult life I've had depression, terrible anxiety and agoraphobia. I have gone, at times, years without leaving my house. I have been too afraid to even walk out to the mailbox. I have general and social anxiety and the social anxiety is so bad I usually cannot post online, even anonymously. I'm so afraid to talk to anyone. I've been trying recently to get better. Not for the first time but maybe it will work this time. Trying very hard. And so I'm here.

I'm happy to be here and happy that I found the courage to click "add post". Which I assume I did if you are reading this.

Or maybe my cat walked on the keyboard.

So, yes, hello. 

gracefulUnicorn24 Butterfly 2017
17 hours ago

@meadowfox you are brave and from what I can see, have lots of courage to face your problems by taking these first little steps. Don’t give up with these little steps because when you look back in the long run, you have actually taken a large step! I’m proud of you xx.

SpaceChick Kangaroo 2018
12 hours ago

@meadowfox I'm proud of you [or your cat ;) ] for hitting "post"! :) Every small step counts. We're here! *hugs*

hello all

GrahamBarroneICHP Eagle 2017
15 hours ago

Hello @alloftheabove234

You are very welcome. Any questions just ask!

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile.
Talk to an expert therapist
Mary is really great. She is so kind and generous with her time. I couldn't be happier with her!
Reviewed Jul 17, 2018
joeanonymous Starfish 2018
1 day ago

Hello everyone! Struggling with ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Excited to be part of a community dedicated to healing.

15 hours ago

Hello @joeanonymous

Good to see you are so excited to be here. Its an amazing community. 

g

purpleShade781 Kangaroo 2018
1 day ago

@Laura Hi I suffer from OCD/ depression/ anxiety, and I am also part of the LGBT community. I am trying to get better and step out of my comfort zone and 7 cups has helped me so much to be able to talk to people about what I am going through. 

15 hours ago

Hi @purpleShade781

Great to see that you are stepping outside your comfort zone and feeling the love. 

Havefaith1 Starfish 2018
1 day ago

Hello I'm faith1, I'm really glad 7cups and I crossed paths .. I am a person with a big heart and I love to help people . Makes me feel so happy I'm really glad to be apart of the listeners squad (:! 

15 hours ago

Hi @Havefaith1

Good to see you here. Thanks so much for bringing your big heart to 7 cups. Listeners make all the difference here and make 7 cups an awesome community.

g

reservedSky7121 Kangaroo 2018
1 day ago

@Laura Hi everyone, I have serious trust issues which stem from my childhood and one partner who cheated on me with multiple women over 4 years. I have met a man I love dearly but I projected the cheater onto him and convinced myself he was being unfaithful. I have broken up with him twice but have gone back as we both love each other. While we were broken up this time he booked a trip to Thailand with his mate from work who was going over for the 'cheap sex'. He calls me everday and messages me to reassure me he would do nothing to destroy our relationship and we have plans when he gets back to go away for a week to discuss our future

My 'Trust Issues' are being well and truly tested and at times I want to give in and just say to him "I can't do it" go have your fun in Thailand

Everytime I talk myself out of this anxiety based thought pattern I feel so strong but, at times struggle to cope with it all

15 hours ago

Hi @reservedSky7121

Good to see you here. Sounds like youve really had a tough time in the past and great to learn that you are challenging those negative thought patterns. Keep on keeping on!

g

VisionWolf Starfish 2018
1 day ago

Hello my name is VisionWolf. I am new here and also a listener. Hope to help and get to you all.

15 hours ago

Hi @VisionWolf

Good to see you here. Thanks for giving your time to be a listener. You make all the difference in peoples lives.

g

PaintedCrystals Starfish 2018
1 day ago

My name is Crystal. I'm 18 and have dealt with social anxiety disorder for almost as long as I can remember. I'm constantly stressed and overwhelmed about everything. I have tried to take my life before.

I'm here because I not only want to get better, but I want to help others.

15 hours ago

Hey hey @PaintedCrystals

Good to see you here. Social anxiety disorder is truly awful. Im sure that the work you do with your therapsit will put you on a positive path to self empowerment again and able to pass on what you have learned to others.

g

Fasce Starfish 2018
16 hours ago

Hey, I'm 17 and I'm knew here. (sorry for the mistakes, I'm French (: ) I don't really want to talk about my problems. I just want to have a normal conversation with someone, talking about things we like, you know? And maybe one day I could share with you what happened to me. But for the moment, I just want to feel normal.

Thanks.

15 hours ago

Hey @Fasce

Welcome to 7 cups. Good to see you here your English is incredible. Congratulations on winning the World Cup!!!

g

Trillians Starfish 2018
15 hours ago

Hi everyone. Well I found 7cups and decided to give it a shot. I'm a really anxious person, which tends to come out as insomnia, but I'm typically really in control of my emotions and emotional responses. It's something that helps keep me grounded. But recently so epic level family issues (think soap opera and now take out most of the sex) have taken that from me in some respects and I'd like it back. I need it back if I'm going to be able to deal with my mother as she needs to be dealt with. And keep my sanity. 

ChocolateDevotee Starfish 2018
15 hours ago

Hello, I'm Elsa and I'm just going down the side of one of the waves that constitute the flux we call life, I guess. I hope to understand this phase I'm in and find a way to reach the top of the next wave with the help of 7 Cups.

Have a nice day/evening, wherever you are!

CeceliaGrowing Starfish 2018
15 hours ago

Hello! I am Cecelia, and I'm very glad to be starting work with 7 Cups! I have PTSD, GAD, depression, and various eating disorders. 

Luminox Starfish 2018
13 hours ago

I like to find humor in everything and can be a sarcastic jokester (jacka$$).  I've been a moody person most of my life but that has improved (mostly) as I've aged.  I was first really identified with mood issues before figuring out that my thyroid has a sense of humor, too.  After stabilizing on thyroid medications had trouble getting off from Wellbutrin and then realized that it was helping with previously unidentified AD/HD.  For about 10 years I've been gaining new insight through that diagnosis.  I came to this community a couple of days ago when my AD/HD was cycling and I was really frustrated.

Danieldebest Starfish 2015
12 hours ago

Hey guys! smiley My name is Daniel and I am 24 years old and from the Netherlands. I have been a listener for 7cups for a few years now and have enjoyed my time on it :P. The reason for me becoming a listener is due to a broken relationship which made me depressed, I found that talking about it to someone who really listened to what you had to say relieved a lot. Therefore I decided I wanted to give that same feeling of relief that I experienced to other people as well. And that made me land on this website where I almost immediately applied to be a listener. Once you actually help somebody feel better after you have intensely listened to the  lingering thoughts in another person's head it feels amazing and the appreciation you get is also great! I have not been an active poster inside the 7cups community and would like to contribute more to the 7cups community, so I thought I would start by giving this short introduction post about me smiley If you have any questions for me or would like to get to know me better feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

*Support Forum Disclaimer