Rosamortis Dolphin 2018
on Wednesday

Hello hello ! This site sure has a lot of intrductory threads xD I might have a hard time finding a fourth new way to introduce myself.

I  have been feeling down for a pretty long time now, but only recently did I started to think that maybe it had to do with depression or something comparable. I would always dismiss it as some "first world problem" not worth investigating, but at some point you have to take care of yourself, or else you end up doing something stupid...

Well, I hope we'll have some nice chats together ! Have a nice day everybody :*

ingonyama70 Dolphin 2018
3 days ago

@Rosamortis It's easy to fall into that 'First World Problems' trap: "Someone else out there has it worse than I do, therefore I have no right to complain."

It's true that perspective, and compassion for others, are both important. But that doesn't mean you don't have a right to your own feelings as well. It's okay to feel overwhelmed and tired, especially with everything that's apparently on your plate. It's important to consider the feelings of others, yes, but also acknowledge that your own feelings are important too.

Catmommy77 Dolphin 2018
on Wednesday

Hi. I'm new here. I suffer from pretty severe anxiety and sometimes depression. I am in constant fear of dying, or that something is terribly wrong with me. I want to hurt myself sometimes, so I can at least feel a physical pain instead of solely emotional. I've had a pretty traumatic and abusive life. I do the best I can. I work full time, I attend grad school, I work out, but every single day is a struggle. I just came upon this site while looking for help, for someone to talk to, someone who can understand. 

ingonyama70 Dolphin 2018
3 days ago

@Catmommy77 I don't claim to know your specific experiences, but the broad-strokes version sounds very familiar. Especially the part about every day being a struggle. You are definitely not alone there.

Talk to an expert therapist
Exclusive offer:
Start a Free
3-day Trial Now
Aiqal Dolphin 2018
on Wednesday

Dj khaled major key bichh

Jolie6r Dolphin 2018
on Wednesday

@Laura hi I'm also new and also suffer severe anxiety I hope get betterlaugh

ingonyama70 Dolphin 2018
3 days ago

I'm Curt -- I also answer to 'Yama. How does the system determine what animal you are?

Anyway, I'm a lifelong sufferer of ADHD & Asperger's syndrome, who was also diagnosed with depression & anxiety disorders in 2011. Since then I earned a certificate from college in 2016, and now I find myself as completely loose ends.Every day that's gone by since I graduated has gotten harder and harder, and I don't know what to do with myself...it's becoming untenable.

I live in San Francisco, which has a great mental health care prgoram for LGBT+ individuals like myself -- but it only lasts for about 3 months out of every year. I've done it three times, and each time I've felt a tiny bit better -- only to come crashing back down within a few months of the end of the therapy sessions.

I'm so tired of the rollercoaster. I just want to be, if not happy, at least not bouncing back and forth between terrified, miserable, or some combination of the two all the time. Is that too much to ask?

wittyWanderer Dolphin 2018
3 days ago

I'm Lori, I'm 15, I have ADHD, Anxiety, Depression and problems opening up to people, but I am really excited to join this community!

hypercat Turtle 2015
3 days ago

Hi just joined.  Don't know why really.  Is it mainly young people here?  Not that I have anything against youngsters but I am at a different stage in my life and have different attitudes etc,

Anyway I am in my 60's and female. I have suffered from lifelong depression and while thanks to counselling and working on myself extensively I have had a sort of life I find myself feeling more hopeless and helpless every day.  I have lots of physical things I need to do but can't find the motivation or physical energy to do them.

I have had no hot water for over 2 years now coz my boiler needs fixing.  I have a leak in my toilet and have to keep turning the water on and off.  It's getting worse and is now urgent.  I find it impossible to keep my home clean and tidy so can't call anyone in until I do.  I have the money but I can't deal with things and especially the stress of it.  I take ad's but not currently having counselling coz I have been turned down by the NHS and I can't afford to pay for it.

I am tired and just want a stress free life.  I can't get any help from family or friends (I live alone) as they all have enough on their plates coping with their own lives.  I give up.  I have a social life and do get out and about but it doesn't mean anything,  I know though that loneliness would be worse though I am quite a bit anyway.  I have no partner or kids just a cat.  

Looking for empathy more than practical advice.  Thanks for listening to me rambling on.  x

dynamicOwl2468 Dolphin 2018
3 days ago

Hi. I'm new here and I don't know what to do just yet. But I'm happy to be here and I look forward to getting better, to make friends, and to treat everyone with kindness and compassion.

amiableFarm1152 Camel 2016
2 days ago

Hello everyone, I’m obviously new to 7cups and I came on here looking for a safe space to talk about some of the things that are bothering me. I’m a second year university student from Cape Town, South Africa, and I am studying medicine

@Laura Im currently going through what most people say "depression" and my family isn't supportive, everyone is mad at me in my family and I've been called bad names by them all cause of a misunderstanding they fail to see

SpruceRaven Dolphin 2018
2 days ago

@Laura Hi everyone. New to 7 Cups as of last night. Really amazing. Will come back to this forum to say more later. 

SpruceRaven Dolphin 2018
2 days ago

@Laura sent a reply but it didn't show up.Maybe this will.

SpruceRaven Dolphin 2018
2 days ago

@Laura  -- I think this isn't working (Have "replied twice; thrice with this post). So maybe the group "forum is not for me. Am really appreciating rhe one on one though. Thsnks for the resource.

Teafoxy Dolphin 2018
2 days ago

Hello everyone; I aspire to help each and everyone out; I believe everyone has problems that deserve to be heard. If you would like someone to listen to you're problems; feel free to contact me anytime ^^

hi, i am a DJ

NVT8895 Turtle 2017
23 hours ago

@Laura

Hello... Still fairly new to 7cups.. :)

Biggestsugar94 Dolphin 2018
23 hours ago

Hey I’m Taylor and just started on 7 cups :)

bernsker61 Dolphin 2018
20 hours ago

@Laura

RecoveringKid Dolphin 2018
18 hours ago

Hey. I'm mostly just messed up.

Wanttoshine Dolphin 2018
18 hours ago

Hello. :] I feel very blessed to have found this community, it's been a huge help since I lost my mom a few weeks ago.

quietBirch3395 Dolphin 2018
16 hours ago

Hello,

I am new here. I have no friends and my husband always seems to be annoyed with me. I was diagnosed with postpartum  depression after I gave birth to my now 2 year old. The depression likes to rear it’s ugly head from time to time and it’s here now. I’d just like someone to talk to because holding all of this in is destroying me.

Crowscrosses Dolphin 2018
7 hours ago

@Laura

Hi, im crow. 

I love to listen to people and give advice and support when needed.

I am nice, i make jokes alot to get others' to smile, and im also awkward. 

*Support Forum Disclaimer