Miller15177 Eagle 2018
on Wednesday

My Name is Blake and I live in SE United States. I have a psychology degree from Suffolk University in Boston but never did anything with it. At least not yet. I’ve dealt with depression, anxiety, addiction my whole life. Then had a turbulent relationship that made everything worse. That was 10 years ago. I’ve grown a lot since then and have been to numerous psych treatments both inpatient and out. I still struggle with depression and anxiety everyday, and it has wrecked a lot of things for me. I’m finally starting to do well and pull myself out of this hole. So I’m a listener because it helps me to help someone else. Really. I’m excited to be here and plan to stay a while. 

Elizabeth1109 Eagle 2018
on Wednesday

Hi Everyone. 

I recently joined 7 Cups of Tea, as a listener. I look forward to chatting with you. 

Resonant Eagle 2018
on Thursday

@Elizabeth1109 Welcome to the team!! :D

Talk to an expert therapist
Exclusive offer:
Start a Free
3-day Trial Now

I just joined. Been enjoying the activities in the app. I struggle in many areas, it’s been difficult trying to find help. I’m really feeling hopeful that this will aid into feeling better. 

littlebird03 Eagle 2018
on Friday

@impartialStrings2285 I'm glad you joined! This is a great place to start getting better.

bmead43 Fish 2018
on Thursday

@Laura I'm feeling a little down today and I'm having some anxiety issues.

bmead43 Fish 2018
on Thursday

@Laura btw I'm Bobbie

peachAvocado2146 Starfish 2018
on Thursday

I really want to give up so terribly but i know that i can't 

I know i have things to do and places to be tomorrow but right now all i want is to say fuck everything and just give up. 

GlassCeiling911 Fish 2018
on Thursday

@peachAvocado2146, I understand how you feel. This, for me, is a constant thought. To just give up. I set goals, even small ones, just to keep me focused and grounded. Find outlets to help stir yourself into other, more positive thoughts. I suffer MDD, Generalized Anxiety and Auditory Hallucinations. Just being can be difficult, but the rewards  are even better.

andor87 Horse 2018
on Thursday

Hi there! I recently joined because I feel very lonely and isolated, and very sad. I have this problem for two years now, and its starting to take a toll on me. I had tried to talk to faculty staff at my school about my problems with socialization but they just offered me a pat on the back, for all the good that does. 

BitterOwl Bunny 2018
on Thursday

Hi whoever's reading this. I joined 7cups exactly a month ago, on September 18th, and I think the fact I decided to post for the first time in the forum today of all days is an interesting coincidence. I decided to join because I've had anxiety and depression for a few years now, but I refuse to talk about with another human being and keeping all my crap in is starting to take its toll on me. I don't want to talk to my real life friends or family about it because I know they've got their own shit going on and I don't want to add my problems to theirs, despite them saying they'd be glad to help or listen. I just don't think it's fair. Also when I talk about personal stuff with someone face to face I tend to get very overwhelmed so if I do decide to share personal stuff I just feel dumb for not being able to express those feeling like a regular human being.

I know I should go see a therapist, I really do. I did go for a few months a year ago, but then I went to study abroad for a few months and when I came back I just couldn't go back. Everytime time I think about getting professional help my brain's like "NOPE". I think my biggest issue is that I get nervous and overwhelmed when people are looking at me, so talking exclusively about myself to a stranger while they're staring at me is a nightmare to my anxiety-ridden brain.

Anyway, I thought it would be slightly easier to talk to someone that can't see me... So that's why I'm here. Sorry for the info dump, I've been postponing this for a literal month so I guess everything just poured out (I'm a professional procrastinator).

littlebird03 Eagle 2018
on Friday

@BitterOwl Welcome to the group! I also don't want to talk to anyone in person, and I'm willing to bet there are a lot of us are on this site that feel the same. But thats ok. This is a great place to get started with feeling better.

BitterOwl Bunny 2018
23 hours ago

@littlebird03 It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way! And you're right, this site does seem like a good point to start from :)

LillysHere2Help Eagle 2018
on Thursday

Hello everybody! I’m Lilly and I just joined as a listener. I’m excited and eager to be a part of this community! 

Thanks!!

Hey, I'm feeling a bit down today, but it will be okay. 

It will be okay for you too, hang in there.

AshtanP Fish 2018
on Thursday

Hey everyone,

My name is Ashtan, I'm so happy to have found 7 Cups! I love helping others as much as I can.

Iam recently coming back to the 7cups community after being in outpatient treatment for my addiction issues. I have always loved the kindness and support here and am happy to be a part of the community 

oliveBeing6652 Fish 2018
on Friday

@philosophicalShip9444 welcome back! This really seems to be an amazing place.

littlebird03 Eagle 2018
on Friday

@philosophicalShip9444 Gald you're here!

@philosophicalShip9444 welcome back! 

inkybrowneyes Eagle 2018
3 days ago

I recently joined 7 Cups for a safe place to vent and try to work out the goop in my brain. I've been a member for a week now and I'm starting to come out of my shell a bit. It's an encouraging enviroment, such a wonderful change! I can't wait to see how this community influences me and my journey to becoming a better Me to Myself. 

Hello, everyone! I joined 7cups because I want to help others to feel better about myself and to learn about managing my own emotions and anxiety. So far, the community is so nice and helpful I have to resist the urge to act defensive, lol.

Madfaerie Eagle 2018
3 days ago

Nothing in my life is wrong. I love my family and my job, but all i can think about is ending it all, and i dont understand why because nothing is wrong but the urge to just go to sleep and never wake up is just so strong

Dimples4Days Eagle 2018
3 days ago

HELLO!!!

indigoSouth8163 Eagle 2018
1 day ago

Hi everyone. I'm just a normal avg kid who has depression and I hope I will get better through this website where people can relate...

gracefulTruth90 Eagle 2018
20 hours ago

Hello I am a newbie and so happy to be here and learn from. Peace GracefulTruth

*Support Forum Disclaimer