Does ADHD affect your intelligence?

Sara Radford, MA Clinical Counseling

Within the context of a supportive, collaborative relationship I help clients to explore themselves in a effort to create healing and lasting positive change.

GinaBrianna101
I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 2 years old after getting the chicken pox vaccination, all my life I was scared of people making fun of me because of being considered ESE which is another way of saying special needs. To correctly answer the question; no it does not effect ones intelligence but only makes it a bit harder to put full focus on the task at hand. If you are ADHD and would like some more information please contact me as I have had it many years.
SweetNori
I don't believe there is a relationship. However, many people with ADHD find it hard to focus in school, which can make it appear that they are not as 'smart' as others.
Gretel
It doesnt affect the intelligence itself. What it does effect though is your ability to use your intelligence. If you cant concentrate on a task you might not be able to complete it, even though intelligence-wise you would be able to.
Anonymous
No it does not, it affects concentration, focus and many other areas but intelligence is most certainly not one of them. This comes from a person who suffers with this.
It does not but it might impair you effectiveness of performing different tasks that rely on concentration and systematic execution of learning tasks.