How can i control my ADHD at times?

Melissa Hudson, MS Ed, PhD(c), LMFT

I work with clients of diverse backgrounds on a multitude of concerns. My approach is, at times, directive, yet always curious, nonjudgmental, collaborative, and validating.

Emily619
Developing positive coping mechanism habits can be helpful; such as journaling, drawing, reading, and so on. As long as your coping mechanisms are healthy (they don't harm yourself or others) and work effectively to control your ADHD a bit better, then that's great!
Seek professional help to help you locate effective ways to deal with and control your ADHD. Different ways work for different people.
gorillasrock1
YOu can see a therapist, use meds, get an iep, watching the channel HowtoADHD on YOutube, change around your schedule to include exercise before activities that including sitting down. These are all amazing ways to manage you ADHD/ ADD. Even though this won't manage it, seeing a support group will help you feel way less alone and by your self. If you are at school, you can talk to your teachers or consulars about support and help. Fidgets are the best things ever created! I hope that this was gave you some ideas!
Talk to an expert therapist about ADHD
Absolutely wonderful! Helped turn my life around for the better in a way that wouldn't have been possible alone.
Reviewed Aug 8, 2020