What other kinds of treatments besides medication are available for children with A.D.H.D.?

Lara Gregorio, LCSW

Therapist

I believe that depression can feel all-consuming. I have a real passion for helping my clients to reclaim their voices and lives from depressive thoughts.

AlaskaAnswers
Great alternatives to medication, are behavioral modification techniques from a licensed therapist. It's important to note that ADHD can effect each individual differently, so a therapist will likely help by identifying exactly what areas your child may need help with most. For example, if it is hyperactivity, they may offer a variety of mechanisms or activities to help channel your child's energy. If it is poor school performance, they may offer you some strategies such as teaching your child to utilize a planner. There are many other ways that ADHD may be affecting your child, so ideally it's best to consult with a therapist for further diagnosis/coaching.
sillyseraph002
medication can be great, but you are on the right track not to rely upon medication alone. exercise is a good way to channel excess energy, and maintaining a good balance of nutrients ts keeps the brain and body healthy. consult with your doctor and with a therapist. with the rugh interventions, adhd can often be manageable