I've been using drugs abusing drugs to control my emotions about my husband being in jail. This is the only way I know of to make myself feel better. How do I find something healthy to put my emotions?

Amy Wright, LMFT

Hi and Welcome. I am so glad you are reaching out. Sometimes reaching out can be the most challenging. I look forward to working with you.

Anonymous
I can only imagine how difficult it might be for you during this time. It sounds like your drug use has been a coping mechanism for you, but that you identify that it isn’t healthy for you and you are hoping to find new ways of coping with your current life challenges. Are you able to recall a time in your life when you had to cope and you didn’t use drugs? Tell me about times in your life where you felt the most in control of your emotions? What are things in your life that you feel is healthy for you?