Why should I stop drinking?

Hope Hadding, MSW, LCSW

I am a professional therapist with extensive experience working with various mental health disorders as well as sexual issues. I am supportive and non-judgmental.

CouncillorDavies1989
Drinking is a hard choice to go ahead, In a personal prospective, its not the right medicine and I would recommend anyone to try an seek a therapist. Its not always okay to drink, but to have the right support helps people for the future and gives the individual support and therapy. Breaking out and accepting the support is a major step, and gives you certain control on what you can do. Speak to a member of your family or who ever is close to you. Ask them for there supportive guidance and so you feel your not alone.
0verTheRainbow
Reasons for quitting drinking are highly individualized. The more relatable the reasons, the more impact they may have on your decision to quit or continue. If you are questioning if you should stop drinking perhaps there are important reasons already in mind. It can also be helpful to create a list. Common reasons may include health, money/expense, legal or personal consequences, etc. If you have anyone close enough whom you trust, they may be able to give you additional insight or raise concerns that weren't previously considered. Counselors, doctors, and recovery groups are also great resources to help explore the possible benefits of quitting and consequences of drinking.
walkingpresent
I personally think that moderate drinking is fine for now and then, even though I only drink 3 to 4 times a year because I'm aiming for physical goals. Let me tell you why you should not drink excessively instead. Okay, let me tell you something that you already know. Alcohol slows down your fat-burning rate in your body even to the point it stops completely. Because although we recognize the alcohol as the "fun-party-drink" our body sees alcohol as a mere poison. When you drink, the body will move their focus on removing this poison out of your body, that is why all other department that needs a lot of energy to work properly like the brain will have a temporary drop on its performance resulting in immoral behaviors and thought patterns in your end. Because the body is working hard to remove this poison, even during your sleep where the body suppose to repair your body (Muscles, organs, hormone chemicals to strengthen your immune system) They don't have the time to do so because they are making this poison removal a priority. Resulting you on this so called "Hangover" where you feel like you didn't get enough sleep even when you slept for 10 hours, because technically you didn't sleep that much. And as you may already know, when you are sleep-deprived it affects the whole day. Your moods will jump all over the place, your stress hormone spikes up, resulting in weight gain, weak immune system, high blood pressure and so on. Yes it affects how you interact with people, therefore your relationships Yes, it will affect your productivity and work performance. Yes, it will affect and change everything in your life.