Will drugs make my problems go away?

Brenda Munroe, LCSW

As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), I have worked with individuals of all ages. My work with clients is supportive, interactive and nonjudgmental.

CognitiveACE
No, unfortunately they will not. The reason why drugs are so addictive and a "go to" for many people when dealing with problems in life is because it provides an easy short-term relief from their problems. When you do a drug or get drunk, those issues go away for the time you are effected by that substance. Just as coffee provides energy for a short time, drugs do the same thing for stress or pain or any kind. Drugs will never fix your problems, only you can do that through wanting to fix your problems. If you need help with your problems, ask for help. You are never alone with anything you have to deal with, there are always people out there dealing with the same thing and who are willing to provide support.