Are my friends going to dislike me if I don't want to do what they want to do?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

JustAnEmpath
If these are your true friends, they will understand your reasons behind not doing whatever they want to do. If this happens a lot, perhaps pursuing some new hobbies and developing friendships there might help. :)
LilyFlowers
Well it depends honestly. It depends if they are real and healthy friend. A real friend wont mind if you have different interests than them, a fake friend or someone who wants to use or control you, make want you to do things they want to do regardless of how you feel about it. It's important to choose people who respect your choices and emotions.
bbvvv
It deeds. If they're your real friends than they shouldn't be offended by your decision. If they are your true friends they would understand you and would respect your decision.
TrannyNamedLuke
Some people will dislike you. But they should not be your true friends! Your true friends will love you no matter what.
mimo29
I think we all feel pressured at some point to do things to feel more accepted, especially among new friends. If it's not a huge compromise, that's fine! Whether it turns out to be a pleasant or not-so-great experience, you can learn from it, and your friends should support you. But I don't think you should feel overly distressed about friends disliking you for not giving in to pressure to do something you don't want to do. Make sure they know how unwilling you are, and if they still pressure you, let them know they shouldn't.
Kummerspecko
They might, and they may not. But if you think what they're saying isn't right, don't do it. Be yourself. That way, your friends will understand why you took decisions and will respect you.
Duckswithmoose
Maybe, but certainly not forever. It's not going to ruin your relationship if you don't do what someone wants just 1 time. And if they are constantly asking you to do things you don't want to do, maybe they're not such a good friend
LoyalTea610
A real friend will make compromises or will accept and respect your decision. It is okay to dislike things.
Anonymous
You're friend's aren't going to dislike you if you don't want to participate in activities you don't want to, they want you to be happy and have fun and if you don't have same interests of things you do than you'll understand it.
ruedabega13
If they are real friends they shouldn't dislike you for wanting to do something different. That being said, friendship is about compromise. Sometimes do what they want and sometimes do what you want.
dxphne
Stand up for yourself. If you don't want to do something for your own reasons, you shouldn't feel bad because your friends do want to do it. Nobody is the same, you don't have to like or do the same things as your friends just because you want them to like you. If they're good friends they will understand. They can always do it with someone else or even alone for that matter, don't let anyone make you feel bad for having opinions and don't let people convince or even force you into something you really don't want to do. If they care, they'll understand and if they don''t, they shouldn't really matter.
Scarlettree75
According to my personal experience, friends who would dislike me for not doing what they want to do would turn out toxic and bad for my mental health. Real friends would understand your reasons and not force you through something you don't like. So leave behind toxic people and wait for the real ones to come and trust me the wait will be worth. Because we don't need people who force us to do something we are uncomfortable to do, in our life. We must make sure of the fact that we are comfortable doing things and make sure it's good for our mental health. So take of yourself by leaving people who are not good for your self behind.