Are there natural methods to cope with anxiety?

Spain

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

Aventurina
Camomille Tea, Breathing exercises, goodnight sleep, Physical exercise, meditation, Being wary of what foods create physical discomfort and avoiding them, hugging someone meaningfully, talking and sharing what's on your mind, writing down your thoughts in a diary, spending time with a pet, having a nice long bath, keeping yourself hydrated.... These are few of the things which I know!
soothingRainfall
Yes there are Relaxation techniques affirmation methods and natural healthy good and soothing music and also visualisation techniques
WinterBlues42
Exercise and meditation are great ways to help with anxiety. Another great method is to simply take a day for yourself - relax, watch your favorite tv/movie/read a book, whatever makes you happy and feel good. Approach your anxieties later when you feel stronger and more mentally fit to handle them.
Eunioa
Personally, I found a huge relief in anxiety from yoga and exercise. There are also herbs and herbal teas that have a calming effect and can benefit those with anxiety - Chamomile, Fennel (helps with symptoms associated with anxiety like digestive issues, coughing, etc), Passionflower, St. John's Wort, and Valerian Root. Adequate sleep, nutrition and a daily routine often help as well.
CHETAN
yes the most effective method is to not give yourself time to think about negative thoughts. stay busy.
willy1000
There tons of ways. One way is thinking about something else you like and immersing yourself in it. Like for instance, chocolate. You can imagine the sound of it breaking, the smell of it, the taste, the look of it.
M0rningGlory
Breathing exercises can help you cope with anxiety. Deep breathing stimulates our parasympathetic nervous system (PNS), which can create feelings of calmness. One method of deep breathing that is used to help anxiety sufferers is called "breath moving". Breath moving involves imagining your breath going to different parts of your body as you breathe. For example, you might take a deep breath in and imagine your breath traveling from your mouth all the way down to your knees, and then as you exhale, imagine your breath traveling from your knees to your feet. Another method of deep breathing involves taking a deep breath in for five seconds, and then slowly exhaling. As you exhale, imagine breathing all stress and worry out of your body. Pause for five seconds, and then take in another deep breath. Personally, I find that along with breathing exercises; meditation is very useful as a coping mechanism for anxiety.
palepixies
Drinking tea and doing things you enjoy help a lot with anxiety. Taking deep breathes and just relaxing with calm you down. There's also am anxiety help page here on 7 cups.
Dailydaydreama
Breathing , knowing triggers , counting backwards , practicing non thinking time :) iv found lots of things that help manage anxiety !
DeadlyAlone
Axiety is undoubtedly such a serious issue and we don't have to underestimate it. I use innovative techniques to cope with it. I enjoy doing yoga (spiritual yoga) which is a really interesting technique or doing things that I like (examples: listening to music, playing the guitar etc). It's not easy to face anxiety but all of us do and we should find ways to deal with it.
Joss27K
I believe there are indeed natural methods to cope with anxiety. I cope by finding personal and meaningful escapes; such as drumming, outdoor activities or hobbies, which slows down my thought process and increases relaxation. These methods work extremely well for me in moments of increasing anxiety. By grounding myself to what I know and love, I find myself in a healthier mindset.
Anonymous
There are many safe nondrug remedies for anxiety, from mind-body techniques to supplements to calming teas. Some start working right away, while others may help lessen anxiety over time. Here is a list of things you may want to try: Chamomile Tea may help calm you down (Some compounds in chamomile (Matricaria recutita) bind to the same brain receptors as drugs like Valium) Green Tea Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a sleep aid, for insomnia. It contains sedative compounds. Exercise - It is safe, good for the brain, and a powerful antidote to depression and anxiety, both immediately and in the long term. The intoxicating (but safe) aroma of lavender (Lavandula hybrida) may be an "emotional" anti-inflammatory. Hold your breath! Yoga breathing has been shown to be effective in lowering stress and anxiety. Eat omega-3s Get hot - Ever wonder why you feel so relaxed after a spell in the sauna or a steam room? Heating up your body reduces muscle tension and anxiety, research finds. Learn mindfulness meditation I hope one of these methods works :-) All the best!
GreenFlower
Yes! There are many natural methods you can use to help with anxiety instantly! First off, take a deep breath... now take another one... and another. Your mind and heart races too quickly when you are experiencing anxiety. It is important to take deep breaths and get in touch with your body and senses.
Sadaxo
Drink tea, hiding in the sheets is my favorite method, taking deep breaths also helps alot, running.
AgusD96
Yes. Anything calming helps. Talking to others about your worries, having a bath, going for a walk, listening to music, drawing. Anything that helps you to put your mind on any anything else
Grace11
Meditation can really help. Deep breaths and calm thoughts can also help. Counting in your head and taking deep breathes can calm you down.
fleur
Of course. Learn to breath, learn to think. Sleep well, take a bubble bath, read a good book, paint a picture.
Anonymous
Meditation and yoga can be really helpful. I like to have a cup of chamomile tea and listen to some kind of relaxing music.
boxcars
If I had to point to one thing that helped me with my anxiety it would be my decision to start holding my head up high as much as possible. It may sound very simple (and it is!), but I've found that deep and steady breathing along with a proud, upright posture can completely turn my mood around for the better and allow me to tackle a problem with a clear and sharp mind.
Anonymous
There are a lot. A lot of it is about mentality. If it's genetically inherited, it's harder to cope with because sometimes you get it when you don't even feel to anxious about something. But if you take away triggers for that anxiety, such as removing yourself from stressful situations, you can remove yourself from the anxiety, also.
zconnorg
Yes, there certainly are. Meditation, deep breaths, and realizing that the anxiety you are feeling is not rational can be somewhat helpful in coping with anxiety. In some cases though the Anxiety is too great to manage naturally and requires medical intervention. When you feel that you cannot control your anxiety at all, that is when it may be good to seek professional medical help and maybe medication.
Yida
Natural methods can include breathing exercises, looking at calming images, and muscle relaxation, where you can tense your whole body and let the body relax, physically relaxing you and also the mind as well.
Anonymous
There are natural methods to cope with anxiety. But it all depends on the person. For me, I naturally cope with my anxiety through breathing and giving myself an optimistic lecture. It helps me most of the time when I have mild anxiety, but sometimes when it gets too much I tend to shut myself and just do what I did. Breathe, and think positive.
tranquilTree92
You could try meditation, breathing techniques, vitamins but it is important to discuss any supplement or vitamins you plan on taking with your doctor because even natural remedies could affect certain medications
enchantingWind58
Anxiety can be hard to understand. Sometimes people think they need medication, but to some it can cause more harm than good. Of course it's necessary in some cases. Natural methods such as meditation, healthy lifestyle and thought analysis can already make a tremendous change in life.
HeyItsMeLiz
Try Bauch's Rescue Remedy/Five Flower Oil. It's available online or at your local GNC. It's a calming remedy that will help you relax when you're panicking.
SeriousPanda
They are! Stress is our bodys preperation for physical struggle. Releasing that tension with excersice or trying to control it with breathing techniques and relaxation can have many positive effects in one's fight with anxiety.
Anonymous
exercise. It releases endorphins which help with anxiety. Meditation is also another thing that can help
Anonymous
There are some things that you can do for yourself. For instance, you can drink camomile tea, you can exercise, you can eat healthy and sleep at least 8 hours a day. These are the things that can help you cope with anxiety without taking any medication.
DivergentMockingjay
Yes! Aromatherapy is powerful, and naturual. They come in many different forms, candles, body lotions, bubble bath, bath salts. Lavender is an excellent anxiety relievet because it sooths and promotes calm. It is also great for sleep!