Does anxiety ever entirely go away?

Melissa Fisher Goldman, LCSW

I have experience in grief work and the related challenges of growing a family (infertility, miscarriage, PPD, etc.). I can help you through your life transitions.

SoStrangeHere
January 1st, 2016 4:10pm
From personal experience, no. But you do learn to deal and cope with it. I don't believe anyone should strive to eradicate anxiety, more so learn to cope with it and find good healthy ways of making yourself ok.
Yourfairygodbro
Sometimes you can feel so happy and it'll be like the whole world is safe. Anxiety temporarily goes away!
keepyerheed
no but i belive tht i can be delt with and slowly it can reduce and become barebly there is no doubt that you can live with anxeity
hopefulParadise19
Ya it is possible we need to get the help of good therapsit and it canot goes away in a day,slowy we need to work on it
Casscass
January 21st, 2016 9:43pm
Anxiety will always be part of life even subconciously it will. However there are ways in which you can reduce this. One way is to do mindfulness which teaches you how to stay calm and reduce anxiety. Another would be breathing where you breath in for 3 seconds, hold your breath for 3 seconds, breath out for 3 seconds, hold your breath for 3 seconds and then repeat.
Anonymous
No.Anxiety usually gets better over time but it will never go away,it will spark up when you least expect it,and the best thing you can do is be prepared for it and be educated on how to handle it when it does
Theleavesinmay
Nope and thank god. See, anxiety has a bad rep because usually when we need help for it it's a little out of control- but anxiety serves as a warning to danger and we actually depend on it to survive!
colourfulTruth95
From personal experience, it does not entirely go away but you learn to deal with it. You can even learn to deal with it so well that sometimes you forget you struggled with it... :)
Anonymous
It may entirely go away, but Learning how to deal with it and how to reduce stress and anxiety is more important
Erynn
It depends on you, and on your anxiety. And, how long a period of time you'r talking about. I still have anxiety, but I have large amounts of time without anxiety these days because I'm recovering, and I notice and address anxiety much earlier now, before it's overwhelming and exhausting. Therapy and medication can help you get a grasp on your anxiety. And, even if it never goes away, it can certainly improve significantly over time as your coping strategies and situation changes.
CalmingLily
Anxiety is a normal human emotion that everyone experiences. Through therapy and mindful thinking we can control it and eventually anxiety will become a less frequent part of your day and only emerge in appropriate situations such as before a job interview.
Anonymous
Personally I don't think it does. However sometimes that can be a useful thing. (Stick with me) If you can control the anxiety and work through it and it no longer dominates or changes the way you act or think, it can be a way to know what you are feeling. Also by being able to overcome it, I find that it can build confidence.
greenberyl
Anxiety is good for you. It keeps you motivated and working at your best. Only at healthy levels, of course. You shouldn't ALWAYS be stressed and anxious, and you absolutely shouldn't be wondering when it will go away. Try to spend 20 minutes a day away from this anxiety and stress of everyday life. Meditate, exercise, play an instrument.
Anonymous
Anxiety will always be there in some way, it is natural, but it is managing to control anxiety in the best way for you. Anxiety is different for everyone so it is finding the best coping method for you.
Theitalianninja
I would say no, it just becomes easier to handle because you learn from it and from that know how to structure your life, not to serve the anxiety but to make your life easier.
Anonymous
I don't think that it can, but it can for sure get better. You can learn to control it so it doesn't effect you that much anymorexx
wonderfullHeart25
Everyone has a little anxiety from time to time. The moment you overcome the things that bothering the most is the day you will be anxiety free.
Anonymous
I believe that anxiety will never fully go away, and even if it could, I don't think it should. A little bit of anxiety can make you productive and actually help you, however anxiety that is disrupting your quality of life is something that needs to be looked in to, so I believe anxiety can lessen, but that we shouldn't want to get rid of it completely.
Spoonie11
November 1st, 2016 11:05am
I dont think so? Not entirely? Everyone experiences anxiety at various points throughout their life. Its important to focus on managing and coping rather than getting rid of it entirely as I feel thats unrealistic for most people with anxiety disorders and unrealistic to pretend that you will never again feel anxiety in your lifetime.
lee92
I don't think so. I think you have to find ways of managing anxiety. For example by looking for patterns in your anxious thoughts, finding when and why they happen, you can find ways of easing them.
Anonymous
no, it will always be there. there are times when it feels like it isn't there. and at that moment you just feel good.
Anonymous
I would have to say, not entirely. You may get over it a lot, but, in my personal experience, it doesn't ever fully leave you.
genuineSeal64
Yes and no, it depends on the extent of your anxiety... Everybody has there moments where they think to themselves does this look suitable, maybe I shouldn't have done that but that's just normal day to day self questioning
Anonymous
well no, and thats a normal thing, everyone gets anxious once in a while so its normal that u do, your anxiety problems those can disapear. the problems about it can but anxiety itself is present in everyone's life
ActiveListener0809
That would be best to be assessed by your doctor to give you proper guidance on your care. Then once that has been assessed you will be more at ease.
SilverArtemis
Anxiety is something everyone has experienced. Life gets difficult sometimes, and even when it's not there will always be things that we worry about. There will always be anxiety. It's human, and that's okay. Anxiety doesn't have to go away forever. It just has to be manageable. You're just gonna have to be able to take a deep breath and tell yourself- 'I know this seems overwhelming now, but I can get through this, and I will.' :)
Omri6602
No.But you cab always try to minmise it ! Trying to get other it to make it almost nonexistent! The first steps can be hard but if you go thorugh them you can overcome the challanges !
Its hard to say if anxiety ever really goes away. Everybody is different. Theres no one answer fits all for anybody. The best thing you can do is talk with someone you trust if you are suffering. If it is interfering with your everyday life, then perhaps seeking help through a therapist or counselor will help you to sort out your feelings. Also seeking help from a healthcare provide might help if medication might be something that is needed.
Amourelle
No it doesnt but it does if you work hard for it if you don't do what you can to do to escape yourself from enternal darkness how will it go away.
GableX
It goes away, when your entirely convince that what haves you in anxiety is good or in a better condition.