Does having anxiety make me a weak person?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

FrancescaGabrielle
No! Having anxiety definitely does NOT, in any way, shape or form, make you a weak person! Sometimes anxiety not only emotionally and mentally drains you, but physically drains you as well. Thus sometimes making us feel weak. However, experiencing anxiety does not make you a weak person. If anything, it can help you become a stronger person. You can learn to face your fears and learn new ways to overcome your stressors. PM me if you would like to discuss this any further. Please don't ever feel as if you're less of a person because you're anxious! It's something the best of us have to go through.
Anonymous
If you can't overcome it, and let it stop you from doing things you should do like even usual stuff like going for a walk or talking comfortably to a new doctor, a seller etc, then yes it does.
Knoc
It certainly does NOT. Everyone has their own way of thinking. Some people tend to think more critical than others which might cause them to worry about somethings that other people dont. Being an anxious person just means you're a cautious person.
Anonymous
No not at all! Everyone has their own struggles and things they have to work harder at. Anxiety is just one of those things that some people struggle with. I myself, and also some of the strongest people I know struggle with anxiety.
lucilledaniella
Having anxiety is a battle from within ourselves, you need to be a strong warrior in order to fight this everyday. Anxiety could be ruined even the strongest relationship but if you are strong enough to deal with this then you're extraordinary. you're strong and capable of beating it.
thistooshallpass25
If anything, it makes you a strong person. Anxiety is a big deal and a very inconvenient thing to deal with on possible a day to day basis. This is something that is in your life and you have to work around. This is another thing to deal with along with everything else. You are strong.
ethan97
Definitely not, it means that something has happened to make you that way but you are strong enough to take it
Dreamit2880
Anxiety doesn't make you a weak person. It just affects how you see situations and how you see your life. Sometimes it feels like it does, but there are things that you can do in order to lessen your anxiety. It also says that you really care about whatever the situation is to worry about in the first place.
ShoutAtTheSky
Not in the slightest! Nothing defines you as a weak person. You are simply a person who needs some kind help. You are not weak, a lesser person, or anything less that anyone else at all.
Missi
NO! You should never ever think that having anxiety or or depression or for example eating disorders makes you a weak person! I mean you're still here trying your best and that makes you a very strong person because you didn't give up :)
SophieR2009
No. It makes you feel weak and like you're scared over nothing but it takes a lot of courage to face so many fears and reactions every day.
ChaiChelsea
Having anxiety is an extremely hard thing to deal with, on a daily-sometimes even hourly-basis. Instead of thinking in terms of making you weak, I hope you can see that quite the contrary... dealing with the anxiety and surviving through the anxiety makes you an incredibly strong person!
lyricalPond11
Not in the slightest. Anxiety is a natural reaction to stress and can actually be quite helpful. Anxiety can motivate us to get things done that we would normally neglect, or can keep us vigilant in dangerous situations. It is only when anxiety becomes out of control or when it occurs in inappropriate situations that it becomes harmful.
kittykat
Not at all. Having any disorder can make life a struggle, especially when it seems impossible to do tasks that many others find easy. This is often heightened in anxiety, where your anxiety about being anxious feeds into itself and becomes a vicious cycle... Living with anxiety takes a lot of courage and strength, even if many people don't realize it. If your anxiety is negatively impacting your life in a severe way, you may want to reach out for community support or talk to a mental health professional.
Anonymous
Definitely not. Anxiety can be overcome, so as you overcome it you become stronger and don't fall in
skydivingstars
Not in the slightest. It simply means that you've gone through events in your life that have caused this, you should never consider yourself a weak person because of it.
laceylyle23
No, having anxiety does not make you weak. When we define "weak", we think of something as 'easy to break or bend'. Right? So when we are reffuring to ourselves as "weak", do we break easily? Are we easy to bend? The answer is no, there has to be a great force for us to be damaged like that. Just remember, that when you start to think of yourself as weak, think: Are you breakable? Are you bendable? Are you really the definition of weak?
Pentagon
Having anxiety just means you're human, it doesn't mean you're weaker or not as good as anyone else.
Jokachan
Anxiety is not weakness, anxiety is simply something holding you back, and you are so much stronger than your anxiety.
NyxCain
October 22nd, 2014 2:36am
Anxiety does not make you a weak person, it definitely makes you a stronger person because of all of the troubles and struggles you have to process and deal with daily. It's like exercise, the more you deal with, the stronger you are.
Anonymous
Absolutely not. I am an anxious person as well and I can understand how out of control you feel when you're anxious but it does not make you a weak person. You can oversome it.
mdcrist92
No, anxiety is just one thing about a person. You may feel weak at times, but as a whole you have a lot of different strengths
Fabyiiana
Anxiety doesn't make you a weak person, it makes you just a more sensitive one. I've never experienced anxiety so i don't feel like i am the best person who can give any kind of advice. I've learned a lot about this by watching videos of people who shared their story and who soffred from anxiety. Sometime aniety isn't a big deal, it can come from stress and you just need to realx and take your time to sort things out. But when things get a little bit more complicated then i think that the best thing is to seek help, talk to people about how you feel. Because no matter what you feel and how alone you think you are,it's not like that. You are not alone, there are people who care about you and want to help you. Sharing your feelings can help you go though though time. Anxiety is a serious thing, but doesn't make you any weaker, it makes you just feels things more intensely.
Pam
No it does not make you weak. I think everyone experiences anxiety sometime in their life. You are not alone.
xxivcrey
No, In fact it can make us stronger... as we try to fight it over, the stronger we become as a person. It may take time but what's important is that we are doing something about it.
esceflora
No. Having anxiety means you actually have feelings and overcoming them makes you so much stronger. I do not regret having anxieties, because now that I overcame them I know what I'm capable of.
ProfParadox
Not at all I have anxiety and i know quite a few people who also have it. It DOES NOT make you weak and if anything makes your stronger :)
Anonymous
No, we all have our faults but they make us who we are, just because you have something wrong doesn't mean you are any weaker or different from anyone else.
tjb28
anxiety isn't a weakness in a person,it is part of a group of a mental illness, Have you been to a healthcare professional to talk about this.
heyitssaf
Anxiety weakens your ability to make wise and sound decisions. This does not make you a weak person. This is your opportunity to overcome. This makes you stronger.