How can I calm down when anxiety hits in a situation?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

Anonymous
When anxiety hits in a situation, just take a deep breath and find someone trusted that you feel like you can talk to. It can be a trusted adult, or even one of the 7 cups listeners.
yasnabear
One of the easiest and "dumbest" things to do is just to breathe. Breath in for 5 seconds, hold it for 2 seconds and then exhale for 5 seconds. Keep repeating until you've calmed down, at least slightly.
Psychstudies13
Anxiety differs from person to person. However, the most common way of dealing with anxiety is breathing exercises, distracting yourself, and practicing mindfulness. I know that it is tough to do in a situation when anxiety hits in full force. But once its a habit, it won't be tough. You have to learn to acknowledge your thoughts and at the same time remember not to talk to them. It is not something that comes easy, trust me. But, when it is practiced for a long period, it helped to calm you down. Small things like breathing in through your nose and out through the mouth, etc.. These can go a long way