How can I get a job when my social anxiety and nervousness keeps me from even applying for them?

Kristin Noyes, MSW, LCSW

Depression and anxiety can feel overwhelming even on the best of days. I believe in helping clients understand these disorders and help them to reduce and manage symptoms.

Anonymous
Bringing someone with me to drop of my application helped give me the courage to go through with it, and getting a call back can increase one's confidence. Self-employment is also another really good option that can allow you to use your skills to work without having to go through the application and interview process.
That is not easy to solve and perhaps the first step to to consult a professional and learn techniques that will enable you to calm down enough to look for a job.
Anonymous
You can get a job even when social anxiety prevents you from it by when they ask you for an in person interview asking and see if they have a phone interview option and another one is seeing if someone you know can represent you during an interview.
Anonymous
I also used to have the same issue... this is what I would do. Take a minute, take in deep breaths and try to focus on your breathing. Then think what could be the best case scenario that may happen if you did apply for a job you're interested in, and think about the worst case scenario. As long as you try there's always a chance you can succeed. Believe in yourself, you are far more amazing and wonderful than you think you are, you have the ability to do so much, you are smart and you can do this!