How can I get rid of anxiety?

Elizabeth Kincade, Ph.D.

I work collaboratively with clients because together we can make the changes you want and need. I listen and support and as well as advise and coach.

Truckerwife08
I dont think you can get rid of it all together. I think you can get it under control. Weather with medication relaxation etc
hopefulParadise19
Sure you can get rid of anexity and get a help of therapist and they will make you to come out of anexity
Anonymous
January 21st, 2016 12:36pm
Things are not as bad as you think, so try to be positive, and relax and just take a deep breath, it works believe mr
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 12:26am
Anxiety is not something you can just get rid of. However, there are things you can do to ease it. You can listen to music, try deep breathing, or you could talk to someone about how you're feeling. If you are talking to a counselor, try writing down the things that cause you to feel anxious and they will try their best to help with cope with it.
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 2:38pm
You never really get rid of anxiety, but you can seek professional help to cope with it, you can visit a therapist who will be more than happy to give you coping strategies.
xAbigail
You can get rid of anxiety by either facing your fears or trying to get away from it. You can either talk to someone about it or do things that distract you from your fears. Such as listening to music, or talking to any 7 Cup Listener, even me!
Anonymous
bilateral stimulation!! sit down and tap one foot at a time and it will get you thinking about that instead of your anxiety (: you can do this anywhere, and it isnt noticable (:
Anonymous
There are a couple of great ways to deal with anxiety. Meditation, connecting with friends, family or nature is a great way to relieve feelings of anxiety. Getting enough rest, nourishment and exercise can also help when dealing with feelings of anxiety too.
FindYourStrength01
Perhaps yoga, exercise, calming hobbies, or may speak with a counselor or close friend you trust regarding these feelings.
Syndicate
To be honest, I don't think you can. Take it day-by-day. You can improve, get rid of? I don't see it
kindSong20
By exercising daily and keeping yourself busy and having a pet and looking at nature beauty and loving yourself😊
LittleMissBookKeeper
I might have quite an unusual answer.. but this analogy has helped me so much. I personally find that the more i try to 'get rid of it', the worst it gets. I feel like that is the thing about anxiety. So many people think of it as this bad, shameful thing that should never be there. It maybe shouldn't, but the reality is that it is there, and the goal is to keep it from over taking your life. i dont know if you are into the whole fantasy world, but I like to think of myself as a werewolf. And my anxiety is my wolf. According to most shows and books, when a person tries to lock their wolf inside and try to hide their existence, the wolf rebels and take over. I think of anxiety the same way. I try to make friends with my inner wolf. This is hard. This takes time. But it is possible. Sometimes, the wolf is going to want to run out lose. and when that happens, it happens. All you have to do is try to get it back under control. But never try to kill the wolf. The wolf is a part of you-- of who you are. Embrace it. Dont kill it.
KintsugiLady
Honestly, I don't think you can get rid of anxiety. I believe you can make it better, up to the point where it hardly bothers you anymore, but not get rid of it completely. You'll always have triggers, and there will always be anxious answers at some point. But anxiety is a natural response to deal with stress, so that's not bad in itself. We anxious people just have to learn how to best deal with it. For some people, being active is what helps: sports, spending time with friends, dancing... For others, is finding quiet: read a book, curl up in bed with your partner, a cup of tea, meditation... Nobody can know for sure what will work for you but yourself. What sounds more appealing? Going for a walk or taking a warm shower? Swimming or listening to soft music? Find what your body and mind are asking you for when you feel anxious (is it to slow down or to find an outlet for all that pent-up energy and fear?), and do it. Care for yourself, and in time it will get so much better it will seem like it's gone.
Arakhthanda
First, breathe and then ask yourself about the thought patterns, both conscious and unconscious, that makes you anxious in the first place. Once you can understand that underlying thought patterns, try to unlearn it.
hawaii5o
by seeing a psychologist will help by listening to you and giving you ways to help you manage in times of anxiety,seeing a psychiatrist and getting medication
Justkeepswimming25
March 22nd, 2016 9:52pm
The first step is to believe in yourself. think of the situation that is worrying you but don't look at the negative things that could happen look at the positives, the good things that could come out of this experience , you must believe you can do it and what you want to achieve from doing it.
purplesocks
The truth is, you really can't. However, you can manage anxiety. Anxiety can be so overpowering and can block all sense of rationality. Try talking to a friend about what you're thinking and feeling, letting them know you're in this current state of worry. They can probably offer you reassurance. If no friend is available, do something that you know relaxes you. Read a book, watch a movie, listen to some music etc.
Anonymous
Confide in someone you trust and make sure they treat you well. Engage in enlightening activities that make you happy and content.
jakfullofwandering
I many times start and end my day with meditation. Plus, there are many apps for your phone that have helpful tools that you can carry with you to utilize throughout the day.
VaughnA
It can take a long, long time to completely get rid of anxiety, and sometimes it stays with us forever. What you can do now is take things one day at a time and find coping mechanisms that work for you. If you encounter an obstacle, forgive yourself and keep going. As you become more experienced with regulating your emotions, your anxiety will naturally be reduced, and you'll find it much easier to deal with the anxiety that you do encounter. Remembering that you've gone through this before and have the strength to do it again can greatly help.
rabiahx
You can't ever get rid of anxiety. It just sits deep inside you and it comes out to play in different scenarios. There are many forms of anxiety and knowing which one you have, can help you understand it more.
cuddlySun33
try to meditate and do yoga ! try head space is a mediation app only like 5 to 10 minutes ! also gym helps a lot !