How can I stop being nervous about leaving my house?

Evelyn Coker, Masters in Social Work-LCSW

You have many strengths to overcome any challenge you may face. I am passionate about assisting my clients realize and develop their strengths from the inside out!

Mocha3800
Make baby steps, go to the mailbox, go to the corner store then go to the park .. never go to place with a high circulation of people that will set off your nervousness and make you retreat back home. Keep it simple and eventually you should expand to the small mall in your community.
madisonhope
I actually suffer from the same problem, and I have started taking Zoloft to help level my social anxiety! :) If medication is not for you, though, it is great to have a support system that is willing to cal you down when you need it. Relaxation exercises are also beneficial, and I might even recommend a reward system for every time you manage leaving the house!
Anonymous
dont think about the things that could go wrong. thin about the pretty thing outside, like the clouds or the sun or maybe the sea if you live near or the birds or the pets youll see on your way.
Anonymous
I'm having the same problem and I could relate to it. I have been taking my Ipod and listen to calming music when I go out, But I only go out for short periods of time
Elannor451
Take your time and gradually increase the amount of places you can be outdoors confidently. If you feel anxious outdoors, go out somewhere indoors once in a while. If you're anxious about crowds, go early in the morning or in the evening when there's less people around. Use positive experiences as a foundation to keep moving forward.
glowingPeace32
Find a great group of friends or family and have special events every so often ! Events like going to Starbucks, Ross, McDonald's even
Anonymous
You can try to take something that represent/reappear the image of home most clearly. This can ensure you in public circumstances and reduce the chance of being nervous.
dkotabarrios
Take it one step at a time... start to desensitize yourself to the idea of leaving your house.... then leave your house for brief periods of time.... then leave your house for longer periods of time... and then before you know it you have no problem leaving your house.
Caringheart4
I'm so glad you asked that question! Would you be open to an idea?. Sometimes it just takes having the courage to open the door. When that becomes a safe feeling, put your foot out. Taking things one small step at a time give us courage to keep moving forward
Anonymous
I struggle with this everyday. Try to focus your mind on why you want to leave and where you are going. ☺
KnowledgeISPower44
November 2nd, 2015 12:37am
Find reasons for your nervousness. Discuss them with a confidant. Make big problems more manageable.
Anonymous
Think of all the great fun things that are outside! If you stay inside it wont help a thing to anyone.