How can I stop my hands shaking

How can I stop my hands shaking

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

chaia
November 2nd, 2016 11:43am
Take deep breaths. It will be ok. When my hands start shaking I just take deep breaths and try to stable myself. It will be ok. You're strong. You got this.
Anonymous
It would help to have a bit more information about what is causing the person's hands to shake. It could be anything from fear to meds. I can't help here.
Anonymous
Breathe in, breathe out. Stay calm don't stress out too much. You will be ok if you just keep calm and breathe.
Patronus
Breathe. Just breathe. Think about all the beautiful things in your life. I know they are, just focus on that. You'll feel better.
Anonymous
There are many ways hands can shake. Arthritis is a disease that makes your hands shake, and a lot of elderly people's hands shake. If that is the case, try going to a doctor but they might not be able to help. If it is because of anxiety or nervousness, you should try to calm yourself down. Listening to music and reading has always helped for me. Or you could take a nap
Lionbabylistener
Try to think of something else or an activity that helps to distract you from your hands shaking. This will help to take your mind off it
Forestingrey
Take several deep breathes. Do something. Something you like doing. Draw. Paint. Write. Fiddle with a rock. Play an instrument. Play a video game. Do something with your hands. If you don't have the time or it isn't the place, hold them in each other. Rub your hands together, rub your legs, rub your feet. Tap out a beat. Remember to breathe.
booklover1224
That can be from a variety of things. If they just randomly shake with no emotional connection at all, then consult a physician about it. Everyone's hands shake just a little bit, but if it's giving you trouble doing things, then it might be time to ask for medical assistance.
Anonymous
June 2nd, 2016 2:39am
I have hyperglycemia, that might be one reason. It's no big deal, I just have to have tiny snacks throughout the day.
NaturalScience
I have shaky hands and spent a lot of time trying to find a "cure." Relaxation techniques help, a little. I find that eating regularly throughout the day and keeping hydrated are enough to keep my hands steady enough for neat handwriting. Don't ask me to do any brain surgery, though! I did once ask my trusted physician about my shaky hands. They said it was normal, and as long as it didn't hurt or interfere with my day-to-day activities, not to worry.
missg87
Try breathing in and out slowly with deep breaths walk around and do something to tell your mind off it i no its easy said then done but i get shakey hands when im mad and act on impulse ive got GAD anxiety disorder
Tootsiyaah
I had seen this problem once when my friends hand never use to stop shaking . The reason mostly is lack of confidence or being over whelmed at times . Just be yourself and forget the rest ! Your shake of hand would go away itself
imheretohelpyouXx
Well maybe try and detect why your hands are shaking. I would say go to a doctor or professional and get checked out to make sure everything's okay.
Anonymous
Take deep breaths, focus on visible objects around you and your senses, helping your mind to come back to reality
Phillestertheangel
You are perfect the way you are. Your hands shaking is part of your cute personality, trust me. Someone will love you and your shaking hands
Marribrown
Have you been to the Dr's. Maybe medication is needed. Or eating more. Sugars maybe? You should see your dr
Anonymous
When your hands are shaking, take a few deep breaths. Breathe in for four counts and out for four counts. It helps ease your anxiety and relax you.
SpaceAngel
you cant! they shake on their own..so you cant stop it. but if you are doing it on purpose then you can stop anytime you want to..:P
Anonymous
first question why there shaking and stop that from happening .if there just shaking i reccomend anxiety hotlines
sunnytea
Hands shaking can be due to many different reasons, including anxiety or health problems. When I'm nervous, anxious, or have to perform a delicate task with my hands, I am prone to this issue too. My personal remedy is taking a deep breath (or three) and continuing with my task. This allows me to have a break wherever I am. If you are experiencing bad anxiety, 7 Cup's Anxiety Guide (https://www.7cups.com/anxiety-help/) or connecting to a listener may help you.
softVision31
Think happy thoughts. Shaking hands is a sign of anxiety. Thinking of the things that makes you happy slows down the panic attacks. Deep breathes through your nose and exhale from the mouth.
Anonymous
try relaxing breathing techniques. i found that breathing in 4 seconds, holding 4 seconds, and breathing out 4 seconds is helpful to calm yourself down.
Blossombypoetry71
my hands shake a lot when I'm nervous so I've picked up many tips and tricks to help with that problem. I sometimes use a stress ball and not one of those like boring foam ones but the ones with gel inside and it has more of a cool feeling to it (they sell them at Walmart, and the best ones are the ones shaped like sports balls) but I usually use that. but when that doesn't come in handy I sometimes drink chamomile tea it calms my nerves and settles the shakiness in my hands.
Anonymous
What I have found helpful of your hands are shaking from anxiety is to take a couple deep breaths, in through your nose...hold it...out through your mouth. It will slow your heart rate, shaking hands and also gives you something to focus on which is needed sometimes.
Zoozoo149er
I struggle with this problem commonly. Most of the time it is when I am nervous or in an uncomfortable situation. Or sometimes if I am tired or in an unfamiliar place with unknown people.I Just remember to calm myself down and not freakout. I hope this helps ! 💜
SympathyRose
First; Try shaking out your hands. Sometimes, wringing them out can get rid of shakiness. Next, take a few deep breaths and try to clear your head. If that doesn't work, try grabbing on to somthing, or clasping your hands together. If you have a friend who understands, then holding hands with someone could help.
Anonymous
In my experience, shaking is a symptom of anxiety. So if you just went through an experience that could have caused you anxiety or you feel anxious or numb when the shaking is happening, anxiety might be the cause. If so, trying to actively stop your hands from shaking will likely just make the shaking worse as you become more and more anxious while doing so. Instead what I do when I experience anxiety symptoms that I want to stop is that I focus instead on relaxation and grounding coping skills to reduce my anxiety and by extension the symptoms.
Anonymous
By putting them against a flat surface or concentrating on something you absolutely love to take your mind off them shaking. Thinking about things such as your pet, friends, achievements, all the moments you were proud of yourself.
Anonymous
Take a deep breath and think to yourself, "what is it that is causing this shaking" if it is something happening at that present time.. Can you remove yourself from the situation?
Anonymous
Look at five things you can see, four things you can touch, three things you can hear, two things you can smell, one thing you can taste.