How can I stop my hands shaking

How can I stop my hands shaking

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

Anonymous
Take deep breaths and focus on the best case scenario for your situation. Try to remain calm throughout the task you are trying to complete and don't doubt yourself.
amiablePeace77
Apart from a variety of reasons anxiety can be the cause. Deep breathing or other relaxation/distruction techniques might be helpful
CharlieSharkie
It depends on why they're shaking: If you're cold, do a few jumping jacks, jog on the spot and generally try to get the heart rate up. If it's because you're anxious or nervous, try to do the opposite-control your breathing by taking slow, deep breaths. Try to think happy thoughts too!
calmingcloud133
Something I find that helps is focusing on your breathing going in and out of your body. Or, you can focus on something entirely different, like music or a game!
Darksunlightx
Your hands are probably shaking from feeling anxious, and It’s okay if you feel anxious or nervous in some way, I understand how you feel. Don’t be scared, and try to take a deep breath. Everything will be alright I’m here to listen to you, help you, and support you. You may also try to drink some water to calm down. Whatever you feel, I know it might seem hard at the moment but you are strong and will get through it. You are already here asking for help and that shows courage. I know it is difficult but I am here for you.
Anonymous
Focus on the speed at which you are breathing and ask yourself if what you are stressing over is really worth it!
genuineSeal64
It's defiantly worth seeing your doctor about it. It can be caused by many different things, if it's due to nervousness/anxiety try and breath, other than that seek medical advice :)
Anonymous
Breathe deeply. Concentrating on how you are feeling can help calm your nerves and slow your thinking. Meditating is also a great solution.
Maia9
Nutrition is sometimes the culprit for this kind of reaction. Try making sure you're getting 8 glasses of water a day, 10 hours of sleep a night, and evaluate what you're eating to make sure you're getting the required nutrients.
Mia7077Soul
Try massaging them often , try to forget about it , and fix your clothes or move them while talking ,
JazIsHere4You
Relax. Sit back, lay down, watch tv, lay on your bed, do something you're good at. Have you got any hobbies? Try to concentrate on doing things that you enjoy doing.
LittleOleUs
Breathing exercises are always good for calming your nerves. You can find these online. You can also do something calming, like reading a book or watching your favorite tv show.
MikeyZee
I would suggest that when your hands are shaking, you first take a moment to close your eyes and do some deep breathing to relax your body. Next, repeat to yourself - in your head or out loud - words of encouragement, such as "I can handle this" or "everything will turn out OK." If at all possible, try and remove yourself from your stressful situation for a couple of minutes, as this will give you ample opportunity to calm yourself down.
Anonymous
Try to calm nerves more easily. Shaking of the hands is usually caused my built up nerves and anxiety.
Jelli
Your hands may be shaking for a variety of reasons, ranging from a health problem or general or acute anxiety over something specific. If you first have been checked out by a doctor and know that your hands shaking isn't a result of a health problem, it may then be anxiety related or a conditioned response to stress. If anxiety related, your hands will stop shaking when you feel calmer. It may be helpful to take deep breaths, think of something else to distract your mind, or talk to a friend that can provide comforting support. If it's just general anxiety, sometimes just soothing self talk and distraction can help. It can be frustrating when your hands won't stop shaking, especially if you have something important going on and need to be able to use your hands. With the right care, hopefully it can be resolved! Best of luck!
Anonymous
By exercise may be it would helpful because exercise help to strong the muscles and also help to control the muscles in better way.
peacefulIris56
It depends why your hands are shaking. It could be a mental condition like anxiety. Or it could be a physical problem or the side effects of medication that you are on. It is best to see a doctor to find the cause.
Markimoo
Your hands are most likely shaking because you are cold, nervous, have the wrong medication, have low blood sugar, dehidrated, or just ADHD (or another disorder or illness). You also might just be sick. You never know. You first need to figure out the cause of your shaking in order to stop it. Without the cause, the things you attempt to cure your shaking with may not work.
Stillhappyy
First you should go to neurology doctor just to make sure there is no problem in your neural system. And try not to think about your hands shaking. İt might get it worse...
Anonymous
You need to inhale, take a deep breath, do it for least 10 min, if isn't working call you parents, friends or 911.
Anonymous
The best solution is usually to ignore it, don't let it bother you. If your hands shake so much that you can't eat soup with a spoon, then you should talk to your doctor. But if your hands get the job done, it is probably best to realize that this is very common and it isn't a big problem. This all depends on when your hands shake, why your hands shake, and why it bothers you. The most common causes are all very harmless, especially in people under 50 years old. Sometimes it is caused by a harmless and common neurological condition called essential tremor. Essential tremor most often affects the hands, and it often looks like a small but fast quivering movement. It is the single most common movement disorder. Some people have a very bad essential tremor that interferes with activities, but don't be scared, it is usually very mild. Quivering hands can also be caused by certain medications, especially the medications used to treat ADHD. Quivering hands often get worse when you are anxious, so relaxation techniques like meditation or positive self-talk might help. These are very safe to try, but they may not help. If you are still bothered, you may want to speak to your doctor.
Anonymous
Most of the times it's because a person is nervous, but for me I take a deep breath and inhale an amount of air and exhale it slowly, repeatedly.
KawaiiCandy
Take deep breaths. Fee in control. It might seem hard at first but repeat this to yourself "I can control myself. I am in control of my body. I can do this" It usually helps me.
colourfulUnicorns83
Focus on your breathing. Remind yourself that you are going to be okay and that you are in control. If you need to, listen to the mindfulness exercise in the Path tab for anxiety.
Maddiejb202
It depends, is it from anxiety? Try to take deep breaths. Also, I have found running or distracting yourself helps alot too. It really depends on the person, You can hold your own hands, or hold something. Hope this helps, Anxiety is a pain.
verboseIcarus42
7 Cups has several resources for dealing with anxiety! You know you, but sorting out thoughts might help calm your nerves.
anotherfrenchtoastclub
Get checked, first of all! Eliminate caffeine, quit smoking(if you do smoke), reduce or eliminate alcohol(If you do drink), check your meds(if you take any) for unwanted side effects and consult your doctor about it, check your blood sugar levels, Reduce stress and practice relaxation techniques, get enough(8 hours) sleep, eat a lot of minerals and vitamins. Feel well!
Anonymous
This is very easy. I do this exercise which makes me calm. Breath in for 4 seconds and hold the breathe for 7 seconds and breath out for 8 seconds. It helps to calm down and collect your rational thoughts and get you're coordination in order, for me this works.
Justbreath2am
Breath, shake you hand harder in front of you, squeeze at stress ball these things really help me when my hands won't stop shaking
Link22
It may be. Meds or something. It could also be anxiety. When your hands start shaking. Try to relax. Or maybe see a doctor.