How can I stop my hands shaking

How can I stop my hands shaking

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

Homeiswherethehopeis
Take a dee breath, and try to calm down. Try not to distract yourself from what is going on, as that can make the matter worse. Instead, try to count to breathe real slowly, and tell yourself that it's going to be okay. You can also try to have some alone time to clear your head. Hope this helped :)
cuddlySong88
Deep breaths. Think of someone or something you love. Smell something lovely. If these don't work, perhaps medication.
Helpfulhedgehog21
June 2nd, 2016 6:37am
Personally when I'm having this problem I always carry around silly putty. While you may get the occasional strange looks, it keeps them occupied and has helped my hands stop shaking
Anonymous
Breathe in slowly, hold your breath for 3 seconds, amd breath out slowly. This helps you calm down and also stops the shaking.
Anonymous
You should really ask your doctor as your hands shaking may be a sign of many things. It might be anxiety, or low blood sugar levels or parkinson disease. Please see your doctor.
BlueberryElena
Would it be because you are nervous and anxious? This is just a curious question but do you consume a lot of caffeine? I've experience my body shaking and usually it's because I am very anxious. I recommend simply taking very deep breaths in that case and not drinking a lot of caffeine
Anonymous
Shaking hands can be a sign of many things; simply being cold, anxiety, panic attack, low blood sugar, among other things. I am sensing that anxiety or panic attacks may be the cause for this question, so I will focus on this area. Anxiety (including panic attacks) can make your body react in a myriad of different ways (shaking hands, shaky voice, sweating, light-headedness, losing focus, etc.) Breathing (deep in through your nose, hold for 5 seconds, out through your mouth), self-talk therapy ('worst case scenario', what's the worst that can happen?), and mindfulness are all very grounding methods of reducing your anxiety and controlling your symptoms.
AmberPurr
Breath slowly and deeply, describe something around you with great detail, close your eyes for a few seconds.
freetohelp247
The most helpful way for me is to either sit on top of them or hold them behind my back!
CopperSkies
If this is because of anxiety or panic then taking deep breaths can really help to stop (or at least slow down) the shaking. Another thing that i do when this happens to me is use play-doh or something else to help keep my hands busy and my mind occupied. If i don't have anything else with me i usually just sit on my hands :)
ZoeLotus
Sit in a crossed leg position with your hands resting on your knees in a natural egg shape (holding fingers to thumb but resting) and close your eyes and breath in and out for a few minutes/as long as you feel necessary. Notice the deep sounds in the room and in your body. When your done, acknowledge the feelings in your hands and see if it helped at all.
Anonymous
First take a long breath and try to divert your attention. Try to think about your past experiences which were soothing and healing for you. When you were with people you love. Not necessarily some major happy event just something peaceful and light like how you enjoyed a coffee with someone you love or how quietly you were sitting with your dear ones.
Zenlistening
Humans are the only animals that don't shake when scared. Shaking is a normal fear reaction. Shaking is your body's way of dealing with stress/fear/trauma/etc. Let yourself shake, you will feel better.
insightfulNatural90
When my hands are shaking it normally means that I am nervous and anxious. What helps me then is taking a deep breath and telling myself everything will be alright.
Anonymous
Try keeping your hands busy. Do some type of simple object that will keep your hands and mind busy..
Flawlessinsanity21
I think this really depends on why your hands are shaking in the first place. I think I would see a doctor about the matter.
HuddlesWillAlwaysListen
Take a few deep breaths. Pretend lemons are in your hands and squeeze them as hard as you can. That will help. Stay calm.
Anonymous
Try a little yoga for hand exercise, google it to find the most suitable ones for yu. It will be a very effective and long term cure.
endearingLove14
Breathe. Know and accept that you are scared or anxious and decidee if you want to fight it, or let all the negativity wash over you. One you make a decision, you will be determined and that will give you will and strength to control your body and your fears.
Luie
Breathe. Calm down. Take a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. Think of how it is all gonna be okay once youre finished doing what makes you nervous/or once you think of anything except the reason youre shaking... It depends on what the reason for your trembling and shaking is... Do what makes you happy!
akittykatt
Close your eyes. Take one deep breathe in. Exhale that breathe out. One more inhale in. Exhale out. Concentrate on your favorite color.
Anonymous
Try getting more calm and the shaking hands will get better too. the best thing to do is trying to control your breath, breathe slowly and you'll be less nervous
Castielsendshelp
depends on why they are shaking, if it's from anxiety or stress you need to breathe in and out slowly and find something that can calm you down
SquishyRaspberries
Take deep breaths, focusing on letting the air go in and out. Pressing your hands together also helps.
Anonymous
It is hard to achieve sometimes but you have to try as hard as you can to relax. You can try breathing in a slow rythm or think about something else besides what makes you feel anxious.
Anonymous
You can try deep breathing, meditation, and other relaxation tips. If there is something specific causing it, focus on it.
Anonymous
Yoga , meditation, exercise, deep breathing exercises..................................................
XxCookiexX
Extend your left arm and gently push down on your wrist. Five seconds. Stop. Ten seconds. Stop. Harder now, repeat
Anonymous
If your hands are shaking try taking deep breaths and holding it in for couple of seconds. Then breathe out slowly. Repeating this will help you focus on something other than whatever is causing your hands to shake and also help you calm down. Once you calm down your hands should calm down as well
ameliaglazner
It's not really something u can stop forever. It happens to me a lot when I'm scared or anxious or worried. Just breath in and out slowly deep breaths and set both ur hands on ur thighs/knees and just keep them there and breath