How do I deal with all the anxiety and stress from school?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

pastelverde
Sometimes, deadlines and large amounts of schoolwork are a lot to take in. With the right mindset and/or motivation, the stress of school can drop tremendously. I can understand how sometimes deadlines, peer pressure, and general fear regarding socializing in such a large group of people can feel belittling. Even I often end up procrastinating or feeling panicked when faced with a presentation or confrontation. As a student, I've found that trying your best to avoid procrastination does wonders in diminishing some stress and anxiety put on by school. With less to worry about accomplishing, you can work on other things that are important to you. I always remember to be confident in my abilities and never try to impress people by changing my personality to fit in. In your future, the little social things that happen in school are so insignificant to your career and life. Remember, you can achieve your goals if you believe you can. For more help with anxiety if you are feeling it more strongly, you can also refer to the 7 Cups anxiety guide.
amandamarie15
December 3rd, 2018 6:02pm
Focus on the material. If you don’t understand it, take a break to process what’s going on with you. School is important but so is your mental health. Adopt some coping skills such as listening to music, reading, meditation, distracting yourself etc. or if you have the opportunity, contact a listener on 7 Cups, or text or call a trusted friend. There are many ways to feel like you aren’t alone, because anxiety can consume you. Do me a favor and try to stay strong, stay true to yourself, and realize the differences of real life and your fears.