How do I get my mind from replaying the trauma again and again?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

tazrulz
Trust in God. Set your burdens on him and God will relieve your guilty or trauma that u have experienced
Anonymous
well our mind has a tendency to search for incomplete tasks.until and unless those problems are solved they will come again and again in your minds.so try to face and accept that thing and then move on instead of ignoring that.
Anonymous
Having a trauma is like a scar. It's hard to erase and the only way to get over it is to put your mind in something else. When your all alone it's most likely the time where you remember the bad things that happened and then you cannot control your emotions anymore. Weather it's being sad, angry, afraid or scared of something. One of the reason why the trauma keeps on replaying again and again. So It's either 1) go to a psychologist and have yourself get over the trauma. 2. Talk to someone about it or share your story cause it's easier when you let it out and 3. Always have yourself surrounded with positive people. When your all alone try and call someone to get your mind out of the trauma. I think it's also a big part that you accept what happen cause when you do you get a peace of mind and slowly things will go the way it should. I finish accepting whatever cause the trauma in my life since then things is getting better than it was before.
plushUnicorn4912
June 22nd, 2020 8:50am
We, as human, are living beings and as all living being, our body learn from experiences. If something traumatized you, your body wants to remember how it happened so you're aware. For example, when you were a baby, when you fell, it hurt so it made you more cautious. Your body can be wired to be scared when you hear certain sounds, telling you to be aware of danger. So you want to see what environment triggers the memory of trauma in your head, and you want to tell your body and mind that this particular environment is safe again. So you can't avoid it, you need to really try and see why the trauma is being replaying at certain time.
HoldOnToHope
Try to distract yourself by doing something you enjoy. Try to talk to someone about it/write it in your diary. You'll feel better once you let out your feelings
Talking about it to a licensed professional might be of help in being able to move on and reclain your life
Anonymous
do not try to stop your thoughts rather try to divert them to something you enjoy and cherish. Try to build your strengths than cribbing about your weaknesses ,this can enable to feel strong and better about yourself eventually.
JordanFu01
As soon as you recognize trauma, it needs to be stopped so it does not continue to manifest. Try to divert the focus on the problem and start to look for answers or solutions. If there has been successful techniques or exercises performed in the past, you may try those again and see if they may help the situation. If there are no techniques or exercises that have been successful in the past, then you can consider picking up a new hobby or skill. Allow this new finding and growth to become a new focus, this can steer away the focus on the problem.
dReamR33
I practice breathing techniques and meditation. I try to talk about a past trauma when it continues to replay in my mind. Most times getting it off my chest in a safe place is enough to keep the thoughts from taking over my mind. Talking is always the best way to overcome an emotion, a fear, a craving or a trauma, as long as words are spoken in a safe place. Whether it is someone who has been through a similar issue or someone who is just letting their time and eat for you to vent. Never be ashamed of speaking up
scarletWater5803
Sometimes I find really helpful for me is to listen to others share openly and truthfully any similar experiences. Sometimes it might be first easier to empathize with others. I often and moved by these stories, can cry with them or even get angry with them and for me it also helps to know I'm not alone in the issue, a relief, that someone else experienced something similar, and got to sharing it. It can give some clues as well to what was happening which can help the replay. Prayers and best wishes that this helps.