How do I know if I did the right thing?

How do I know if I did the right thing?

Tricia Saviano, MA, ATR, LCPC

Art Therapist

Life can be tough. Finding creative ways to get through issues and live a happy life is important. As an art therapist and licensed counselor, I can help you reach your goals.

Anonymous
You know you did the right thing if the decision you made ended up benefiting the most people, and was morally okay. If you are in question, you can always ask an adult or peer, or talk to a listener.
Anonymous
Because when you go to bed , you will feel satisfied, calm and happy with your decision so you will know that you are doing right.
Anonymous
If the other person continues the conversation with u, and tells u how the feel without hesitation.
Anonymous
No one knows, only you do. People might say things but its up to you to decide especially if it involves you,
rachtale
It would feel right inside, and you wouldn't feel guilty or stressed. If you still do, then you should talk to those people.
Anonymous
Sometimes it's important to listen to your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it might be a sign that you need to step back and evaluate why it doesn't feel like the right thing.
ItsAlyssa
Well if you feel like tou did the rigth thing you probably would be thinking about it because you know you did the right thing and try to move on to the next
blitzEmpathy
there's this inner voice that we all hear telling us what is right. If you feel totally at peace within you after taking that decision (assuming you don't have a dead conscience) then you did the right thing. If it isn't a decision that will harm another human being or yourself in anyway, then you did the right thing. Listen to the still small voice in you. Peace :)
Anonymous
We dont always know that we have done the right thing, but if no one was hurt or you yourself wasnt hurt then that should be good enough.
NumberEleven
I don't think you ever know if you did the right thing. It's more of what you feel and think is the right thing.
Supergirl94
If you don't feel bad about it, when you don't regret it or feel guilty about it. When you feel content, calm about it and feel comfortable with it. When you feel happy in a manner of speaking about what you did.
Anonymous
It is more easy 5o say if you did wrong thing. I think your heart will have no regrets and you will not be coming back to the action again and again
BronaghC
The "right thing" in your head will never always be the same as the "right thing" in others heads. So it may not always work out. But the right thing is always what you feel is good, ask yourself "am I happy?", "do I have regrets?" etc. The answers to those questions should answer your own.
scotty4947
Was the outcome what you expected and/or wanted? If yes, then you may have done the right thing. Is the outcome hurting someone or making them feel extremely upset? If it is, then you may want to try a new approach to see a different outcome.
Anonymous
If it helps anyone, or myself, that means that I have done the right thing and there's nothing to regret.
Psychiatrist101
How do I know if I did the right thing, is when I ask, asking is the perfect solution to know if you do something right.
Anonymous
If you can sleep well that night. There's no trouble sleeping at all. Regret usually visits those who did something wrong.
Anonymous
You just have to trust yourself and see whether it turns out okay or not, things can go many ways
Gordon123
The only way to know if you did the right thing is to follow your instinct. There is no other way to know.
BintNajem
The mind and heart will be at rest and one will not feel uneasy or guilty about it. Moreover there will be a feeling of inner peace
Anonymous
By feeling good yourself inside of something you did and seeing people acknowledging and thanking you for your actions.
Anonymous
If I personally feel it was the right thing to do, and if the person is happy with the positive outcome, for both parties, I feel confident it was the right thing.
TheTripleS719
If you had done the wrong thing, guilt would be eating away at you right now. Give it time; you'll see if the results are good or bad soon enough.
Godlovesus
every decision has a positive and negative effect. And you already took the decision, so there is no use crying over spilled milk.
Anonymous
There's no way to truly know. If you are happy and you can look in the mirror and not feel guilty, then you made a decision that is best for you.
2cupsofteaa
If you feel better about it. For the most times, your gut feelings will tell if you did the right thing or not.
SunflowerHelp8
October 2nd, 2016 3:12am
You'll know, based on what your heart and conscious is telling you. If its right, it will feel like the best choice of your life
Anonymous
You will know if you did the right thing by the way you feel after you do it. If you feel bad about yourself you probably made the wrong decision. If you feel good about it, then it was the right choice.
CandyMandie1391
You will feel positive about it....... If you did your best and see positive results you will know it was the right thing to do...
Anonymous
Often the right thing is the harder thing to do. For example, if you steal and then feel guilty about it, the right thing is to give back whatever you stole which can be hard because it means you have to face the consequences. But really it depends on the situation that you're in. Maybe talk to a listener about it, it could help to get it off your chest.