How do I stop all of the voices inside of my head?

Kristin Noyes, MSW, LCSW

Depression and anxiety can feel overwhelming even on the best of days. I believe in helping clients understand these disorders and help them to reduce and manage symptoms.

Anonymous
Voices inside of your head are hard to deal with, we all understand that. I could not tell you of any ways to get them to stop. I used to hear the voices, and I could never get them to stop. They just did one day on their own.
keithincracow
What are these voices saying? How do they make you feel? Do you agree with any of them? Sometimes a voice inside your head might be a warning, but it's usually a sign that something needs to be sorted out. I'd like to hear more, and I'd like to help you, if I can.
Anonymous
Solution might sound weird. But it will work most of the time. Listen to each and every voice. They are indeed thoughts rather than voices. Close your eyes, then let voices be the background voice-over and thoughts be a slide show. Watch and listen to every slide in your head. And they will never ever disturb you again. Remember; things you resist, you persist. Demo: Imagine anything but a red lion. So, what'd you imagine?
bookuswormus
If they're not saying anything nice, mentally tell them to be quiet and go away because you're honestly a lot better than them. Now go do something that will drown them out-- read or go for a run or listen to music really loudly or sketch something or talk to a friend or laugh about something stupid but funny anyway. After a little bit, they'll quiet down, you'll see
ScreenNamesAreHardToChoose
I would strongly suggest visiting a psychiatrist and begin looking for treatment especially through medication, as this sounds like it could be a psychotic symptom (even if you don't feel "psychotic")
Anonymous
Mindfulness is a good way to achieve some peace of mind but if you are hearing voices, you should speak to a professional, as this could be a symptom of a more serious mental health problem.
FabyA7X
You have to try to change them, what's incredibly hard. But you have to tell yourself good things. You have to change them..
salamanderWizard
Voices in your head may be signed of a mental condition. Consider reaching out to a medical professional for help.
Anonymous
You can make yourself busy in things that keeps you happy and complacent..or you can talk to someone having trustful and positive attitude towards you..or you can go to church..
4thepeople20
Voices are no fun, especially when you are the only one who can hear them. Unless you have seen someone and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or anything similar, my suggestion would be music. Plug in your tunes and let the voices fade.
Anonymous
well it depends on the sort of voices ear. is it just your own toughts being too many and all at once or is it different voices telling you to do things and talking to you like they r another person inside you? if its the firsst case rest and work trough all the toughts u have if its the second you might need to seek prefessional help to guide you
Anonymous
It isn't that easy to just make the voices stop. I would suggest going to the doctors and trying to get some medication that could help stop the voices. If they persist get in touch with your doctor and discuss alternative treatment.
Anonymous
You need to calm yourself down. Try practising meditation and some relaxation exercises. If you still hear voices that tend to disrupt your normal functioning, consult a medical professional immediately!
squeek
I'm not sure I have difficulty with that my self best way I know to stop is to listen cause its really you speaking to yourself
calmLove29
you can't. but you can ignore them and prove to them that they were wrong and that you are better than al of them
Anonymous
Seek the advice of a psychiatrist. They can identify the cause of the voices and provide therapy and prescriptions to help you. Just having someone to talk to is really helpful, but it's not always enough.
Anonymous
I would strongly suggest you ask a professional for help. If you don't want to take medication, there are therapies that can help with voices. You may also want to look into a Hearing Voices group.
Robrt4706
I put in headphones and listen to my favorite artists while remaining silent. The music helps calm me and helps me focus on just the songs. It quiets my mind and helps me think more clearly.
Anonymous
Have you tried seeing a therapist about the voices as it is concerning that you are hearing voices..though have you tried distraction techniques like music to help stop the voices?