How do I stop thinking that I look different than other and everyone is staring at me?

Hope Hadding, MSW, LCSW

I am a professional therapist with extensive experience working with various mental health disorders as well as sexual issues. I am supportive and non-judgmental.

Anonymous
Well, are they staring at you? Stare back at them and find out! It'll be fun! And of course you look different! You are a different and unique human being who happens to be a part of this universe, right? Even twins aren't exactly alike. Being different is okay... Let me ask you: could it be that you're too worried about not fitting in and a little self-conscious? :D
FeatherIce25
They are not staring. Everyone is different and its a good thing. This is an insecurity which you have to overcome. Its all in your head. Tell yourself you are okay and you can handle it . Be comfortable in your skin .
Lemoncakes97
The best answer I can say is just keep telling yourself that everyone is unique in they're own way, and to just keep you're head up!
magicalsummer152
Dont stop you thinking change it topositive vibe.. maybe you look beautiful walking down that isle that they look at you and feel jealous ...and want to be like you...also you are wrong when you sayhow to stop youself from feeling you look different becuase you are different and you are good with those differences in you..so just make your thoughts go positive rather than stoping them thats easier i hope
HopieRemi
First, you have to realize this is a form of a thinking error, called Mind reading. You're assuming what other peoples are thinking. You have to know the difference between fact and opinion. One of the best ways to know what someone is thinking of is to ask them directly!
peachposts
The thing is, it can’t stop thinking that you look different to others because you do. And that’s amazing! Every single person on this earth is different from one another and that is what makes us all unique and the world such an interesting place. If you think everyone is staring at you, look at it in a different light. Instead of thinking, ‘Why is everyone staring at me, what’s wrong with me’, think, ‘Wow, how amazing am I to have all these people not being able to keep their eyes off me’! It’s a little dramatic, I know, but it’s honestly the best way to overcome a struggle like this. Oh and act confident, always!
Vjov
It's to to think that same like you, everyone is also special individuals. Each person have their own traits and it's not all good trait. What we have less in ourselves maybe more in the others.
Anonymous
Well No one looks exactly the same everyone is a little different. The best way to stop caring about whether people are looking at you or not is to become comfortable with yourself physically and internally.
Anonymous
You do look different than other, but we all do. That is the beauty of variety. We are colours, colouring this world in so much different ways. :)