How frequent are anxiety attacks usually?

Catherine Demirdogucu, Diploma

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

SMStar
It can feel childish after the fact, but covering my face is my #1 reaction. Taking away all outside stimulation like that can allow me to focus on breathing and grounding myself. I recite my name, my age, where I am, what year it is, and continue onto affirmations from there.
JourneyWithFriends
For me anxiety (panic) attacks seem to come in groups. I will have 3 to 10 per week for several weeks and then for months at a time they become quite infrequent....maybe 1 per month. I have yet to figure out any rhyme nor reason for them, for the frequency in which they come or any actual cause. The severity of the attacks also changes without a known cause; ranging from simple nervous shaking, to a full -blown attack with symptoms such as debilitating shakes, unclear thinking, overwhelming chest pains and shortness of breath and overwhelming racing thoughts; and worst of all thinking that I may be dying....over and over again. My heart goes out to anyone who has these....no matter how mild or severe. That is the main reason I became a listener here - because with 25+ years with panic disorder I can fully empathize and can offer some solutions that have helped me ease them. Blessings to all - especially those suffering with this condition.
Anonymous
It depends on your own, personal anxiety records and sometimes it depends on why you do have anxiety.
VibrantCarousel26
This can depend on one's personal experience, as well as the things that may trigger anxiety attacks. This also depends on how long an attack lasts. Every situation is different; some people may experience anxiety attacks of different magnitudes and durations every week, whereas others may go years between attacks. The important thing is to learn how to recognize and manage anxiety attacks.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks can be as frequently as everyday. This is not the usual case. It ranges from person to person. Usually this might be from once a week to a month.
Anonymous
It depends on who you are! If you're more frequent to getting them, it could happen multiple times a day! If not, I usually get them about once a week
Anonymous
Everyone's anxiety is different. It also depends on the type of anxiety. If its constant and major, possible everyday unfortunately. But if its mild, it should only happen once in a while. Remember to try breathe slowly and think it will be okay! :)
LetsCherishLife
There is absolutely no rule for that. My therapist used to say you cant push people into some kind of pattern and I totally agree with this. Every case is different and individual. You might have serveral attacks a day or a week but others might also just have them a few times a year or even in their whole life. Whatever it is how it is and probably also depends on what causes them and you might be able to work on them and make them occure less frequently.
Melissame
They can vary from person and depend on the situation too. If you are having them often they should not be ignored.
EmilyAnnMarie
It all depends on how severe your anxiety is, and what kind you have. They normally happen when you confront what you're afraid of, like large groups or certain situations.
shysoda
It always depends. Sometimes I'm more prone to anxiety attacks, especially if I haven't slept well or exercised much or kept a stable diet. I used to experience anxiety attacks almost everyday when I wasn't exercising regularly or eating right, and going to school for something I didn't care to study and was not skilled at. It was a stressful time. Now I only experience them about one every 2 weeks and only when something very stressful happens. It's not much and very manageable.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks can be really frequent, or not frequent at all, it matters on the person. Anxiety is different for everyone.
Anonymous
The frequency of anxiety attacks depend on the person and what they are going through. If they are in a high anxiety situation the attacks are usually more common.
GuardianofPeaceEmiya
It may happen depending on the situation. For example, if you are stressed and nervous, that's more than enough to trigger it, or maybe when you remember something from the past that hurt a lot... It's difficult to control anxiety, because it's like a bear... It sleeps for some time, only to come back stronger than ever. If someone feels like that, please try to relax in order to calm down. n_n
Anonymous
My anxiety attacks are frequent like when I'm out in public and I feel like people are staring at me, or like if things start going down hill at my house, or if things I was expecting to go right end up going wrong
moonlightbaby81
An anxiety attack has not a determinated frequency, it occurs when you get in a situation of panic or stress.
BeautifulSunshine86
How frequent a person has an anxiety attack depends on them. They can happen once a month, or 5 times in a day. It really depends on what triggers the attacks, and how easily the person gets overwhelmed. No matter how many a person has though, it is nothing to be ashamed of!
Anonymous
It varies a lot depending on the person. It can change from day to day. Anxiety attacks are sometimes triggered by events or happen without any reason.
Anonymous
Anxiety is different for everyone and there are also different triggers for everyone. The range is so wide, but its all about figuring out what your own triggers are.
MPuffin
it depends on the person. everyone has a different experience and different triggers. it may change depending on their stress levels or the situation they are in
Anonymous
It can often vary on how anxious you are that day, there isn't a number placed on how frequesnt they are because i know people who get them every month yet i get the 3 or 4 times a day at least. however the more you learn to control anxiety the less frequent they can become
kindheart93
It's different for everyone. Sometimes it can be daily, monthly, every few months, or even farther apart.
Danielle806
The frequent amount of Anxiety attacks depends on the person for me I get them when I'm surrounded by people of have a major presentation to do
HopieRemi
The frequency of anxiety attacks depends on the person. Everyone has a different amount of anxiety attacks. There's no set amount of anxiety attacks you should expect.
ChapterNate
They are however frequent as one is exposed to the triggers that cause their anxiety. There's no specific number to put to their frequency as every person who experiences them are different
HelperDidi
It truly depends on the person. In some, Anxiety attacks occur as often as once every hour while for some others, it only occurs once every two days or so.
Anonymous
Not many people have a set frequency for their panic attacks, as they are rather random. Some people have them once a month; some once a day; some once a year; some once an hour -- it can be any frequency, depending on triggers, management, and the use of prescription adn non-prescription medication. Some medication, prescribed or not, can cause anxiety to increase, nearing you to an attack. Some people even with the same triggers can have different frequencies. Some people might swim every day and have na attack because they're convinced they'll drown. Another may never experience an attack from that particular trigger because they never have swam. It varies greatly from person-to-person. If you believe you're having them too frequently or find them interfering with daily life, perhaps it would be helpful to consult with a psychologist. Even if you've only had one, perhaps consulting with someone would either help to not have further attacks or to at the very least manage further attacks better. Best of luck to you!
Anonymous
I have them around 5 times a day. There's no set amount. But if they're frequent you should seek help.
Anonymous
It depends on the person you can't pick a number of anciety attacks for everyone on the planet, everyone is they're own person.
Flawlessinsanity21
The frequency of anxiety attacks varies from person to person. It just depends on the kind and severity of anxiety and the person who has it.