How frequent are anxiety attacks usually?

Catherine Demirdogucu, Diploma

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

Millichidulinas
It depends by situations and people. There is not a standard, it always depends by anyone. I hope you'll feel better.
Anonymous
It varies for each person who has anxiety attacks. I have about two anxiety attacks a day, but others may have one every other week, ect.
Anonymous
Every two or three weeks, on average. Sometimes, if I've had much caffeine, I might have them once a week.
endearingLove14
It depends on your triggers. If you're constantly surrounded by your trigger you may have them all day even or you could not have them for weeks. Just know your triggers and consciously look out for them and try to keep away. Inform your friends and family so they can help and protect you.
Anonymous
For me, they're usually everyday. For most people, they can happen a few times in their lifetimes, but some people have them very often.
Anonymous
it depends on the person. mine have been occurring about 3-4 times a week at its peek. i would say they happen much more frequently when you focus on your worrying thoughts
Anonymous
There is no timeline for anxiety attacks it comes when you feel anxious like facing a challenging situation, such as a job interview, exam, etc. so it basically depends on that person when he/she feels anxious.
NorthernLights30
Anxiety attacks in those who do not have a disorder are usually not that frequent. Most people will experience at least one attack in their lives. If you are experiencing many attacks then it may be time to see a professional.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks are mostly based on a situation or place or are due to or unexplored fears.So the frequency of such attacks can vary broadly. For example I'm afraid of heights, so I might suffer from such attacks while boarding a plane or in an adventure trip on mountains. If you're lonely, depressed, etc such attacks can occur twice, thrice or more in a day
MarcHT
It depends on the individual and the environment. A person with severe anxiety in a stressful environment may have one or more a day. A person with less pronounced anxiety in a less stressful environment may go weeks or months between significant anxiety attacks.
Armanta
They can very from person to person depending on how sever the anxiety of the person is. There is no set frequency. They can be anywhere from a few a month, to a few a day, it really isn't set. But either way, it can all be helped and treated :)
ValRuberto
It's varies a lot from person to person. Some people have specific triggers that cause anxiety attacks and that would mean their attacks are as frequent as they're exposed to their trigger. Other people don't really have specific triggers, and for those people anxiety attacks could be really infrequent and only happen a few times a year, or they can be really frequent occurring every day. If you ever get to the point where you feel the number of anxiety attacks you are having is affecting your quality of life, you should consider consulting with a therapist. They will be able to give you the help you need to make your attacks less frequent.
mintybunny
It varies I'm sure. Mine seemed pretty random at times, any amount could be "normal". But if you feel the amount of anxiety attacks you get is far too much, you could go to a professional.
softNutella25
Anxiety attacks usually peak within 10 minutes, but everyone can be different. On rare instances, panic can last for hours, but this is not common. A true attack will peak and then calm down all within about 20 minutes or so, sometimes less.
kristenisaninjaturtle
I get anxiety attacks every single day of my life, you just have to learn how to control your anxiety
CrypticCoty
August 3rd, 2016 6:10am
it depends on how bad the situation could be, if you're triggered easily, the more frequent they are
Twentyoneuries
Many people experience different levels of anxiety attacks and how general they come. Its all different.
SilentSerenityy
They vary from person to person but you can have them several times a day or they can rarely happen at all.
Anonymous
It depends on the person. Anxiety affects different people differently. It's uncommon to have more than one in a day but not unheard of. Stressful times such as exam times can also trigger panic/anxiety attacks more often than you usually have.
DancingIsLife
Well it's not the same for everyone so I can't say exactly how frequent they are 😔 But it depends on how bad your anxiety is
Anonymous
For me, my anxiety attacks happen a few times a day. It honestly depends where I am and the situation. If I'm at school in a class room or by myself outside, they happen more.
Melody293
How frequently a person will get anxiety attacks usually depends on who they are. Some people may only get anxiety attacks a couple times a month and some might have them daily. It truly depends on how your body works.
Sparklies
The frequency of anxiety attacks vary from person to person, and can be triggered by many different things and situations.
Supergirl94
Depends on the person honestly and how often they feel anxious and what triggers they have that can set them off into anxiety attacks. The more anxious you become the more often they will occur, the less anxious you are the less they occur. Also again depends on your triggers and how often you come in contact with them and how you handle them.
Believeinspiredream
It totally depends on the person and the situations people are in. People can have 5 panic attacks a day and then not have one for a week or have 1 everyday it totally depends on the person. Internal and external factors also play a important role in a persons anxiety I feel.
SunshineKiss202
Some people get them out of the blue...and some people get them constantly. It really just depends on you and how bad your anxiety is... There is absolutely nothing wrong with anxiety attacks, It's our bodies just trying to calm us down when there is no immediate danger you know? Their just really scary is all but nothing to be ashamed of by any means.
lovingLynx89
Can I ask you to share a little more about your question, are you suffering anxiety attacks? How frequently?
Anonymous
It depends on the person. They can happen any time for any reason. They aren't based on any schedule at all.
Anonymous
They vary a lot from person to person. Anxiety is different for everyone. For me, I get one about every 3 days.
Anonymous
Varies from a person to a person, in my case they are rare, but my friend has them constantly. It depends on what triggers them I guess