How frequent are anxiety attacks usually?

Catherine Demirdogucu, Diploma

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

Anonymous
It definitely does depend on each person. For everyone suffering from anxiety, it could vary. Different things could trigger people in different ways. Sometimes if your going through a lot the attacks will be more frequent and intense. Maybe a certain reminder sets you off. It is therefor difficult to say how frequent anxiety attacks are.
plantkissed
It really depends!! If they're frequent enough that they're interfering with your daily life significantly, then you may want to speak to a health professional. If you're under a lot of pressure or stress, they may be more frequent than otherwise. Take care of yourself; your health is super important!
shonali22
it can be very frequent at times . you can get over it by keeping your mind engaged somehow. i think that can help
usefulDreamer13
It changes for time to time. They usually happen when I am very stressed or when I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes it can be months, sometimes it can be days between them.
RacquelJonelcsw1
It really depends. Some people have them every day and some people have them during specific times. It's good to try to learn good relaxation techniques to help with them.
EsmeRose
Anxiety attacks depend entirely on the person. It can be anywhere from daily, to weekly or anywhere in between. Some people may only get them several times a month depending on the severity of the anxiety.
Dan76
The frequency of an anxiety attack is dependent on both the person and the situation that the person is in.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks may depend on the person, it's pure subjective. You can have them weekly, monthly, dayly.... Even having 2, 3 or more in just a day. Every person is different, and has a diverse sequence.
Anonymous
For me, anxiety attacks are usually around once a month. But when they hit, they do hit me pretty hard.
heartfulHeart81
For me, anxiety attacks come and go in cycles. I can go a month or two with no attacks, then have a couple weeks where they happen more frequently. It really depends on the person. I've found that staying away from caffeine and high stress helps keep them away.
Dawn04
It varies from person to person and their personal triggers. There's no universal answer for this question.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks have no calendar or set time that they will happen. They occur whenever anxiety gets extremely high and people go into "fight or flight" modes, and are characterized by hyperventilation, rapid heart beat, stiff muscles, crying, dizziness, feeling like you will die, and numbness. There are also other characteristics involved, as anxiety attacks are not a one-size-fits-all type of thing. It also does not automatically give you an anxiety disorder, anyone can get a panic/anxiety attack :)
whimsicalRina604
It varies for every person. In the beginning, mine used to happen almost every day. But now they happen a few times a week. Please stay strong, I know you can do this
Teaandnetflix
I think that it's different for every person and it all depends on the situation you are in. For example if you're doing something that makes you less comfortable you might be more prone to getting anxiety attacks.
Anonymous
For me, my anxiety is triggered every morning before work. I always sit outside in my car and I often have to force myself to get out rather than turning right back around and driving home.
Anonymous
They can happen as often as you feel anxious, they are quiet overwhelming at times, sit down and take some breathes 7 cups is here for you!
Anonymous
It depends on the individual and their life situation. I used to get them monthly or more often, nowadays several times in a year.
BlaireMack198
In my personal experiences with my own anxiety I've found that the attacks can't be predicted. They'll just kind of happen whenever something triggers one. When one happens just focus on breathing and if you're in a room with other people try to get out and spend some time by yourself to help you calm down.
softVision31
Anxiety attacks differ for everyone. Some have triggers and some have regular attacks. No to attacks are the same, even for a person.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks can be as often or infrequent as you like. Coping mechanisms are everything. A could support system is everything.
Anonymous
My panic attacks vary, but they usually happen 1- 6 times a week. A lot of the times I have them after band practice and during my theater class.
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks can take place anywhere from 1-20 times a day unfortunately. It varies from person to person.
Peacefullight
In my experience their frequency varies wildly. For me it seems more connected to the amount of stress I've been under, sleep (of lack thereof), and food (or lack thereof), rather than it being directly related to time.
GingerCatGirl
It's different for everybody. It really depends on how severe your anxiety is and what your triggers are, I have found it helpful to keep a diary or use a calendar to write down when ive had experienced anxiety and what was happing before the attack and what was going through my mind at the time. That has made me better able to identify my triggers and either try to avoid them or work on ways to try and improve things I know I find tricky. Also, keeping a diary helps me feel more in control.
blissfulMusic24
My anxiety attacks usually happened every 3 months or so, but they can occur more, or less than that.
CatC84
Anxiety attacks can happen any time and they usually depend on the situation or circumstances that you find yourself in. There may be certain triggers that start anxiety attacks, understanding what those triggers are will help to learn how to prevent them in the future.
Anonymous
This varies greatly from person to person so there is no 'normal' frequency. If you are having a lot of anxiety attack in a week however, I would recommend talking to a professional.
Anonymous
There is no usual amount for anxiety attacks, as it changes from person to person. For me, anxiety attacks are usually triggered by a person around me, so the amount varies depending on what I'm doing.
Krista1597
Anxiety attacks frequency is different for everyone. There is no set amount of anxiety attacks a person can have. While one person can have one daily or monthly another person could have a hundred daily. It really depends on the person and how people handle anxiety also defer from person to person. Don't be discouraged if you have more than one person, but less than another.
sunflowersandsunshine47
It depends on each person, the severity of their anxiety, and what triggers are present. When I was young and my anxiety was severe I would get anxiety attacks every day/night. Now my anxiety is much more under control and I have maybe 1-2 panic attacks a month-usually tied in with PMS :)