How frequent are anxiety attacks usually?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

Anonymous
The frequency of panic attacks really can vary based on so many factors. Your surroundings, environment, relationships, current mental state, your life story. When I was younger I had several panic attacks within a day on bad days. How surrounded are you by triggers? How are you coping? Are you receiving help? I don't think there really is a "usually" answer here because I don't think there is any kind of base we can compare ourselves to. Our own experiences will always be unique. Now they're rare. I have medications, coping skills, and have learned to recognize my own personal warning signs, so I am able to separate, regroup, and prevent them more often.
caringPuppy404
It depends on the person, their body response and personality, not forgetting their environment. Some people get anxiety attacks 2 times a week minimum while others get panic attacks 5 times a week maximum.It all the depends on the person's ability to control their emotions and situations and the kind of support they have...anxiety attacks can be minimized to eliminated with the right mental, social support and a healthy environment . To minimize anxiety attacks one should undertake mental training to strengthen control of emotions and manage the type of foods they eat cause it has an effect on your brain and hormones released
Anonymous
Anxiety attacks are different for everyone. Some people experience them once a month and some experience them once a day. I get anxiety attacks about once a week but it’s always different. It usually depends on what’s going on around me or what other people around me are going through. Anxiety attacks are really scary and sometimes feel like they won’t end. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will reach it no matter how long it takes. Timing is different for everyone. It may take some only a few minutes to calm down and some people need hours.
heartwarmer118
It varies from people to people. Anxiety attacks come at random. One minute you may be feeling good, the next thing you know is that you're having worst case scenario thoughts in your mind. There are various factors, food habits for example. If your diet consists of a lot of caffeine, you may experience frequent anxiety attacks. There are triggers in case of a PTSD or a recent traumatic event. These triggers can cause an anxiety attack every time you face something like that, if these triggers aren't dealt with. There are lifestyle choices, not enough sleep or severe work stress may lead to frequent anxiety attacks. With all that being said, it's not easy to say exactly how frequent these attacks will occur but if we can keep track of it and acknowledge it while we learn to deal with them by using techniques such as CBT or others, we can control our anxiety to a huge extent.
amethystLantern
November 22nd, 2020 3:53am
The frequency of anxiety attacks varies from person to person and even within the same person, speaking from personal experience as well. For me, my anxiety attacks can happen as infrequently as once a month or less or as frequently as multiple times per day sometimes depending on what's going on in my life, my stress level, and a number of other factors. It can be totally normal for them to happen just once in a while or all the time. It's both frustrating and kind of a relief that it can fluctuate so much. It sucks that it's not always predictable, but I personally am also grateful I have times where they're not so frequent.