How to forget my one-sided love?

How to forget my one-sided love?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

ingenioussunshine26
Your one-sided love is like keeping this secret deep in your heart. When you see the person you love you may not know what to say afraid of what they may sat to you. non verbal ques are showing but they are not picking up on what you want them to understand. it can't be easy so you have to work for it if you don't want them to slip away. But if you want to forget your one-sided love, helping others and distracting yourself can help. Keeping space between the two of you may be suggested.
Anonymous
From my personal experience, I can tell that one-sided love can be a painful experience. Time helped me a lot, and nowadays I don't feel that strongly about the memory of this past experience any longer.
Averyisheretohelp
Try not to avoid your feelings, if at all possible. By intentionally not thinking about something, it is scientifically proven that we actually think about it more. Acknowledge your feelings, and recognize that they are ok. Take some time to process how you feel about everything that happened.
Anonymous
Try to find ways to distract yourself! Hang out with yout friends, maybe go to the movies or treat yourself to a nice dinner. Try to stay away from places you might accidentally meet them or even try to use as little social media as possible and get out of their way until you feel like it is safe for you to face them again! You got this!
Anonymous
Throw away anything that reminds you of them, delete screenshots of conversations between you and them, their pictures or any gifts they have give you. Learn to love yourself slowly and eventually you will find someone who will love you just as much as you love them
Becca76
Think about what a good person you are and how you deserve to be in a relationship with someone that appreciates you for being you, and who cares as much about you as you care about them
Anonymous
To move on means to meet new people, to do more activities, to vent on 7cups, time heals don't worry
allyswift
Remind yourself all the times when you fought for the persons attention, tried to talk to them but they made you feel worthless. Remind yourself reasons why it was one sided, all the opportunities they had to come to you, to message you but they didn't. Realize that you don't deserve someones maybe, you don't deserve to be left hanging. You deserve a person who makes you their priority, who can love you as much as you love them. But if you keep yourself stuck on that one person, you will never be able to see these people who will treat you with love and compassion
Iampandagenie
I'm sorry to know that you've had to deal with this. But it is a part of life. Isn't it? It's better to have some experience than having nothing at all. So... To forget your one sided love, first of all don't rush your journey of moving on. Take as much time as you need. And remember moving on is never a straight graph..it's zig zag. So if you find yourself back at zero, don't stress over it. Start doing things which you like. What I do first is to delete every memory related to them. It's hard and heart wrenching.. but you need to do it to give yourself space from memories and thoughts. Take your time don't rush. And then do things which you like. Explore yourself. And if you find yourself overthinking about them(first recognize if you're overthinking about a stuff which won't create any difference or won't help you at all), tell yourself to stop or just focus on some other thing. And if you find yourself thinking about them don't torture yourself by saying you shouldn't be thinking at all. I mean they used to be a part of your life and part of your thoughts. It's ok to think about them. Accept your thoughts. Give yourself time. and trust me....it'll be better eventually. It's a journey to move on. And the results are always satisfying. So if you wanna more you can text me I can be a support in your journey.. all the best!
Anonymous
It can be hard to move on from unrequited or one-sided love. Often, when we feel a certain way for someone, and they don't feel that way towards us, we wish we could simply "forget" them, or the way we feel towards them. Unfortunately, actually "forgetting" can prove a difficult task. There are ways we can move on, but seldom do they involve really actually "forgetting". Instead, we can realize what the relationship is truly meant to be. Does the person wish to be a friend, an acquaintance, or something else? Once we understand someone else's goals for the mutual friendship/relationship, we can begin to reset our expectations. We should accept a person's willingness (or unwillingness) to play a certain role (or not) in our lives. This is a form of honoring their consent. Once we accept what they are able and willing to be, we can begin the process of resetting the relationship (or lack thereof) to reflect that. This means, among other things, adjusting our expectations of the person and the relationship.
Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Aw hey, I think one sided love is both good and bad. Good because, you're so self sufficient..you don't need the other person's approval on your love for them, you can just love them even at a distance. Bad because, it is heartbreaking to know that, where you'll do anything for them, they might not ever reciprocate those feelings and it is so very okay to be hurt and heartbroken here . But yes, it's also important to know and remember that, in the long run, one sided love will only cause you more pain, the sooner you accept that they are not for you, and that there will definitely be someone somewhere who will give you the stars without you even asking, it just somehow helps to know that, efforts should be put where there's even a slight chance of something happening in your favor. Beyond that, it will affect your personal life to be hurting always . So try to get that closure for yourself, maybe meeting new and more people will broaden a perspective and help you see that there's so many people potential partners around, who will reciprocate your feelings and appreciate and accept you the way you are , which is how love really should be ...accepting and validating ❤
Anonymous
You can't just forget her, it's not as simple as that. But what you can do is try and get over her. Find someone who actually likes you bad. Or just deal with it
Brandi4life
The only way to forget something like that is through time. Because you are meeting her daily it will take much longer and will be much harder but it will turn out.
Brianaishere
You should confront these feels before you forget them. Find out what is making you hold onto those feelings.
Darson
Sail away and the distance will allow you the luxury of forgetfulness. Keep the good memories and toss the bad ones away.
originalbraveheart63
The best way is to meet new people, and time helps as well since as the time goes it will get easier.
Anonymous
Its hard but not impossible. You will find someone who will love you for who you are and then everything will seem normal. You just have to let it go and move on.
MeghanSmiley
Being stuck on a relationship that's either ended long ago or that never was reciprocated can be difficult. I am guilty of playing movies in my head of perfect scenarios with my friends and loved ones, and I romanticize people that I am interested in. These speculations and ruminations come from emotional problems that we feel are unresolved. There /could/ be a chance that my ex still loves me, we still could get back together... Your mind keeps replaying these scenarios and thoughts because the issue doesn't feel settled. The Getting Unstuck guide ( https://www.7cups.com/getting-unstuck/ ) Is a useful resource, for this!
lorireek321
Take care of your needs and wants. It can be easy to put your partner’s desires before your own. Take care of yourself like you take care of your mate
Autumnleaves1
You don't need to forget it, just understand that it happened and build on that knowing that it made you stronger, just understand that you know what isn't right and now know what is
DaisyTalk
I forgot my one-sided love by at first keeping my mind off of my one-sided love and then finding something new that I love and realizing one day I haven't thought about my one-sided love in a long time.
Anonymous
Find things that nurture your health. After a bad relationship, you may be feeling all sorts of bad or self-doubting emotions. During this time, it is more important than ever to do things that make you feel good and feel good about yourself.[7] Try getting more physical activity and spending more time outdoors for a natural boost in serotonin and dopamine.
Anonymous
Forgetting a one sided love can be really difficult because you love that person so much. The best thing to do is focus on things that will distract yourself enough to the point that you don't think or see that person as the person who you loved and didn't love you back. Or you meet someone new and you get to loving them so much that you forget about the other person.
costadelsol
You must not forget a good dream. Wake up and face the truth, only real communication helps you along. Don't worry.
ManiRose
I've dealt with this same situation before! It's very hard, believe me. What I personally did is try to make a list of all the things he didn't do, and remember that you did your best! That's all that matters is that you gave it your all.
SoaringWings
It's not possible to forget someone you love. Instead, ask yourself- how can I cope with the feelings of rejection and sadness that this one-sided love brings me? Working from that place will bring you greater growth.
Anonymous
I don’t think forget is the word we should be using in this situation. By forgetting, we aren’t getting over the problem, we are only avoiding dealing with it. If you’re struggling with one-sided love, try and replace the feelings your feeling with positive feelings toward someone or something else. It doesn’t have to be romantic at all, just whenever you start to think about this problem, instead revert to a more positive train of thought. This will refrain your brain to think of this thing instead of whoever is causing you trouble.
Anonymous
By focusing uour attention on something unrelated that is positive. You can slowly but surely move on with time and positivity. (Of course this isn't the case in all love situations, but i feel it would be positive in most).
Anonymous
This one is really hard. I'd say let the person know of it so you can move on,at least their answer will get you to move on or be happy,either way you'll learn something.
Anonymous
Never blame yourself for that, it has nothing to do with you. Channel that love towards yourself. There are 7 billion people in the world, put yourself out there confidently! If it doesn't work out, just know there are always other people you can start over with.