How to stop comparing myself to others?

Michael Hofrath, Ph.D. Candidate

The only way to the other side of pain is to walk through it rather than around it. Life is a continual journey. Sometimes we get stuck. I will help you get unstuck!

Anonymous
Try writing love letters to your self. Everyday, write down one thing that you think makes you unique. For example, "Dear Ana, You are an amazing person. You are kind and you care about others and I love that about you. Love, Ana" The best way to stop comparing yourself to others is to see yourself as an individual.
Sintix
Try my method. Stop comparing. Start complimenting. This is double the happiness. They receive a compliment, and you get to express aloud what you once were comparing. It helps to open up, and say something.
wonderingsoul212
I sometimes take time alone so I can take care of myself more. I contemplate about everything I've done and constantly remind myself that myself is unique and also my journey. I compliment myself for everything that I've done or accomplished even if it's little. Everybody is different and they have their own struggle. Someone you compared to yourself, they struggle too. Your journey is unique and you are the right person to that, only you can bear your struggle and that makes you GREAT and INVINCIBLE.
missmatcha
Trying to stop a behavior like comparing yourself to others can be difficult, but it is possible! I would recommend taking a moment when those thoughts of comparison come in to address them. Instead of allowing them to flow through your head, maybe think or list some things you love about yourself, or that make you unique and YOU. Perhaps you really love your freckles, or your smile, or maybe it's the way you can whistle or sing. I have a note in my phone that is a list of positive affirmations I've written myself to stop negative thoughts. Maybe try creating a list like that! You are a unique and wonderful individual as yourself.