I have everything someone needs to be happy but i’m a stressed full with anxiety 15 year old. I overthink everything and was wondering what can I do to stop my stress, anxiety, overthinking?

Christina Hussami, MSW, LCSW

Strengths-based, solution-focused therapist focusing on helping clients find life balance and navigating down their own path leading towards overall well-being.

fromcamille
Don't blame yourself for feeling the way you do. Mental illness does not care about an individual's situation. Try picking up a new hobby. You don't even have to be good at it, the only thing that should matter is if you enjoy doing it and that it doesn't harm you or anyone else. Hobbies are a great way to discover something new about yourself, broaden your horizon of knowledge, and act as a distraction or silencer for those negative, stressful thoughts. I wish you good days ahead :]
Anonymous
I for one can relate I have everything I need and want but yet I still always feel like I’m doing things wrong I can never think straight especially when it comes to relationships they scare me the most. What I usually do to stop this is meditate , watch same tapping videos (without talking ) only because they help you sleep , write what’s on my mind , breath , and tell myself it will all be okay. And if you did these and you still feel stressed and overthink maybe change some things up start new hope this helped ❤️
AmethystUnicorn
Having a good mental health/coping skills toolbox is a good way to start! You can collect different coping skills that ease your stress/overthinking ex: journaling, taking a walk, breathing and mindfulness exercises, challenging negative thoughts etc. Whatever you feel could be a healthy coping skill will work for your mental health toolbox!
ashleydlampard
From my personal experience, I can say that there is no magic formula to stop stress, anxiety, and overthinking. In fact, one simply cannot stop it. One can only learn to accept them as a natural, humane occurance, and live with them instead of treating them as a negative aspect of life. Treat them as a reminder that there is a problem to be solved, and thank them. They are one's personal reminder that some things need to be reviewed. Imagine your car's check engine lights up; do you panic about it and speed up to destination nowhere, or do you take it to your trusted workshop? The choice is always yours.
beautifulSun92
Its awesome that you see the things in your life that you appreciate! Its so hard to go through anxiety and stress and I totally empathize! You're brave and strong enough to reach out and look for answers that will work for you and that effort will pay off!!😀 There are many resources to help with anxiety/worry/stress. 7 Cups has great tools to support you step by step! Some things I've found are helpful to myself and a lot of other people, is to picture your anxiety as a scared, adorable animal or child. Ask it what's bothering it, what it feels and why. Speak to those fears in a loving tone and reassure things are safer than it feels! Therapists are awesome at helping dig to the root of anxiety and bring it into the light so you can begin tofeel relief. Keep going rockstar! You WILL beat it!
tranquilJoy
I have dealt with severe anxiety in the past, not being able to even leave the house or talk to close friends. However, I have since overcome my anxiety. I think a lot of it is down to self confidence, and being confident in yourself that everything is okay, so if I have any advice to give you it would be to do things that boost your confidence! Try exercising, learning a new skill, improving on an old one, anything that makes you more self confident. Also, I highly recommend Hypnosis, try searching “Hypnosis for anxiety” on YouTube, it can really help clear your mind. Hope this answer helped. :)