I think i had a panic attack but im not sure..i felt like there was a lump in my throat and i was choking and was having trouble breathing.If it was one will i get it again?

Andrea McDonald, MSW, LICSW

It is important to know that you are not alone, life can be difficult I am here to help you navigate and resolve issues that can feel overwhelming.

Harrypotterswife
The major signs of a panic attack are sweating, trembling, shortness of breath, a choking sensation, chest pain, nausea, dizziness, fear of losing your mind, fear of dying, flushing, feeling that danger is nearby, a racing heart (as found in google), if you relate then it probably was. Alot of the time it is caused by severe stress, such as the death of a loved one, divorce, or job loss can also trigger a panic attack. Panic attacks can also be caused by medical conditions and other physical causes. So i would recommed checking in with your doctor just in case ! I wish you all the best
We all get stressed or even panicky at times, it is normal reaction to stress. If it returns and disturbs your normal life routine you should seek counseling.
Callipiphan
It does depend on the reason for the panic attack. If you do get it again slow deep breathes. I keep a journal of my panic attacks.