I was set up on a blind date and noticed a ring on his ring finger during the date. I didn't ask him about it then, it's been a week, should I ask now?

Michael Hofrath, Ph.D. Candidate

The only way to the other side of pain is to walk through it rather than around it. Life is a continual journey. Sometimes we get stuck. I will help you get unstuck!

preciouscinnamonroll
You don’t want to get into a relationship that you’re uncomfortable with. I understand you not wanting to be rude, but it’s better to find out now than later when it may be too late.
Anonymous
There is no issue in asking. I would have no problem if someone asked me that, even if it was a week later. It is up to you in the end though!
Robinzoo
It would seem to be a pretty standard thing to ask, if you don't want to date someone who is married anyhow.
Anonymous
Yes. If you ask about the ring now then you will learn why he has the ring. Don't wait until you possibly meet his wife.
compassionateCandy48
I believe you should, as it’s better to ask now and not find out unexpectedly later on
Jing2010
I think that you should and probably should have on the first date. That being said, there are several reasons for him to wear a wedding band. First, the obvious, he is married - although I doubt that is the reason or he would have taken it off. Second - the ring is of emotional value to him as he is divorced or a widower. Either way on the former, he is carrying emotional baggage that you should be aware of. I am separated but still wear my wedding band out of respect for our marriage. I don't know when I will take it off since I do not know when I will be ready to date again. Be careful and look out for yourself. If he's carrying a torch for an ex or his heart still belongs to someone that passed, you should know. A wedding band means a great deal.