I'm too anxious to talk with someone about my anxiety. Help?

Terrence Sawyer, MS Counseling Psychology

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Social disorders counseling social psychology, substance use disorder counsel

Manpreet
Hey i can understand you. Your mind will be full of thoughts. Please share here i am here to listen you
Maui
You don't have to talk anything. There is no need to hurry. Take your time as much as you need. It's just nice to know you're not alone.
Anonymous
It might be easier for you to start the conversation about your anxiety with a letter or a note. Doing something like this in writing can be a lot easier for sufferers of anxiety.
braveGrapes
Social anxiety has made me feel this way many times. I would say you are already on the right path by posting this. Start by talking to a listener on 7 cups. They will help you. Baby steps are great when dealing with anxiety. Talking with someone can be scary because not everyone understands but thanks to 7cups and talking to people dealing with anxiety like mine I was able to talk to somebody. I hope this helped and feel free to message me if you would like to talk.
peacefulCat41
Whether we like it or not, we cannot always take care of ourselves on our own. We need others to help us along the way. You may pray about it. You may also journal about it for yourself. Write things down that are bothering you. Sometimes a step in the right direction comes from personal honesty with yourself. Once you admit that things are bothering you, you can more clearly see what paths you might take.
iiPorcelianii
Coming from someone who suffers from anxiety and depression I understand how taunting this can be, but from personal experince it's better to talk to someone. even if it's the smallest thing. don't let your fears control your life
RaduMemete
Having anxiety isn't something you should live with. Anxiety makes you stay in comfort zone where you can't progress. Let's make the first step out of comfort zone and go on a journey where you will become anxiety free :)
TheatreKid
Hi! Anxiety can feel overwhelming, and sometimes so overwhelming that it's hard to even talk about. Have you considered trying to write down how you feel? If you write it down, you have it on paper, and then you can show it to whoever you want without having to actually break the ice by speaking. And once that ice is broken, maybe the person you're writing to will be willing to converse in whatever way helps you most.
daniellebee
You can use 7 cups! There are people who have experienced anxiety (myself included) that would love to talk to you about it.
tomhardyrockymark99
I'll be glad to help you, my friend. It's okay to be anxious. I know how you feel. That feeling when nothing seems right, and when you feel the whole world is against you. But, what we have to do is, overcome that feeling. Because we cannot be defeated. You cannot be defeated. You have to fight your anxiety. Take help of those who love you. I hope everything works out for you. May god shower his blessings on you and may you do well. :)
heartsNcupcakes
Many people struggle initially to talk to someone about their anxiety. It can be very nerve wrecking for anxiety sufferers. But youre never alone and anyone would be glad to talk to you when youre well and ready. Judgement and criticism free. If talking isnt your cup of Tea, theres still the self-help guides, the forums, and the chatrooms. I find that chatrooms put less pressure being that the spotlight isnt on one person and theres no requirement to participate. I find its easier to start there and observe and then work up. 7 Cups of Tea is everyones cup of tea. :3 Wishing you all the best.
Dalana6
Anxiety is a crippling feeling. I know that it's hard to open up and to talk to someone about it but there is always helpful people on 7 Cups Of Tea ready to listen. Most of the time, it it extremely beneficial talking to someone instead of holding it in for a long period of time. Weather it be talking to an anonymous listener or with a trusted friend or family member, there is always people there for you. You never need to feel alone.
Anonymous
Don't push yourself into it. First, come to peace with your anxiety. Then, reveal the facts to a person you trust slowly.
SLothe
You should definitely talk to somebody about it. There is no need to be anxious about admitting you have anxiety to someone. You'd be surprised how many people have it, whether it's severe and debilitating or an occasional thing. If you'd feel more comfortable speaking to a mental health practitioner, I would recommend that.
Wes2
Asking for help is hard, but the only person you're punishing by keeping it to yourself is you. There is no shame in having anxiety-- most people have it in some form or another. You have nothing rational to be afraid or anxious about. Remind yourself of that fact, and seek help-- either from someone you trust, or from a professional. Remember, professional treatment is confidential, every bit as anonymous as posting on the internet.
Anonymous
You could always try leaning on friends and family for support. Also 7 cups offers many qualified listeners who are more than willing to listen.
davesmithson
Try to talk to a close friend or family member then get comfortable and move to other people you want to talk to.
tranquilTree92
Take baby steps try talking to someone through text based chat then phone then see how you feel about trying a therapist.
Anonymous
First, think of what makes you so anxious. Analyzing your thoughts when you feel anxious or confused can be really helpful. Then think of the worst-case scenario. You'll probably see it's not as bad as you first thought. After that think of the best-case scenario. Take your time and remember to be easy on yourself.
elizabethdarling
If you can't talk to anyone right now, you should try journaling and writing your feelings down. Once you know how you feel, you may be ready!
Anonymous
Anxiety can be quite overwhelming and make it challenging to reach out and talk to someone. Sometimes it helps to talk to a professional or a help line where we can speak to a stranger who is not invested or involved in our situation. Additionally, seeking out doctor for treatment options can help in addressing symptoms of anxiety.
HeyItsMeLiz
That is very understandable. What I did was to speak to people online about it first, and then open up to someone you feel you can trust, in a safe environment, once you figure out how to express yourself.
Savana13
I'm the same way, for me you have to tell yourself that you're going to do it, and then go through with it, it will help if you talk to the right person
hardtimesbetterlife12
Have you read the anxiety guide that 7 cups supplies? Have you also considered deep breathing exercises?
Anonymous
If you feel that talking about it to other people might help you, then start with someone very close with you who you trust fully and slowly tell them about it. If you have to break the conversation into many sessions, that's okay too, you can start by slowly disclosing somethings personal about yourself and gradually leading to talk to them about your anxiety.
rainyMusic82
I have worried about this as well, and actually did not intend to share my experience. I broke down completely in my counselor's office and told her everything. While I do not recommend getting to that low of a point, remember that this does not make you weak in any way and sharing this part of you can only benefit you. People can be hurtful about these kinds of issues, but this just means you should try another person. There is always hope and there is always someone willing to help or empathize. Identify what, if any, social group makes you nervous and start somewhere else - for example, if your parents give you a lot of anxiety, try speaking to a friend or trusted adult. If you worry about your peers finding out, talk to a parent or adult figure.
TillEulenspiegel
I've found that my anxiety, much like anger, can often be rooted in other emotions. If talking with someone about your anxiety sets you off, a strategy that might be helpful is to see if maybe some other emotion is contributing to it and discussing it instead.
tranquilPeace46
Anxiety is a relatively temporary state of worry and nervousness occurring spontaneously, usually accompanied by compulsive behaviour or panic... We at 7 cups are here for you, you are at a caring revolution platform. Please, Tell me more about it as in when how do you feel anxious and we can together try to figure out how we can lessen your anxiety
Anonymous
Think about what you are afraid of when it comes to talking to someone about your anxiety. Maybe even write it down. Then try to address those fears first. Talk to someone anonymously and just tell them why you are anxious about talking about your anxiety. Maybe you can break the ice like this and it helps you to open up if the person you are telling about why you are anxious to talk about your anxiety is nice and assertive.
KendraT
Deep Breathing and i also find that looking outside, as loopy as that makes you look, really helps! Fresh air is the best though, step outside and exhale deeply, fill those lungs with cool air. If not, closing your eyes or resting your head in your arms on a desk for a few minutes does wonders