Is anxiety common? Am I alone in this?

Sarah Macedo, LICSW

I will meet you where you are at, listening with no judgement. Helping you find a path where you find improved functioning and getting 'unstuck'.

Anonymous
Personally I think anxiety is much more commonly experienced than a lot of people realize. That said, you are absolutely not alone in this. As with many things people experience, I think there is also a very side spectrum of anxiety, from mild to severe. And this spectrum, in my opinion, can be experienced by the same person in several ways during their life. If you would like support in this, please know that there are many options available to you, as well.
Dovah
Anxiety surely isn't a rarity. It's actually on the rise, which is sad, that being said...You aren't alone, there are lots of people, including myself whom also deal with anxiety, there's a Anxiety Support Chatroom on this website, that you're welcome to join! Everyone there will understand, and be there to help you feel more understood and less alone
Radar16
You are never alone. It is a very common issue which I have experienced myself. We are here to help.
nicolethelper
Anxiety is very common and you are not alone. When you have anxiety try to lay down and relax and take deep breaths
QueeniesPony
You're not alone. Many people suffer different forms of anxiety all across the globe, and many feel as isolated in it as you might be experiencing. There is help out there in a whole variety of ways, beginning with recognising how you feel isn't shameful.
Anonymous
Anxiety is relatively common most people will experience some form of it at least once in their life
Sammy123
Anxiety is very common. So many people experience anxiety on a daily basis, many of whom do not even realise they are an anxiety sufferer
remnantshadow
You are not alone in this. People from all over the world and from every walk of life have anxiety.
DPate16
Anxiety is VERY common. It happens to many people around the world. No, you are not alone. There are many things you can do to help you're anxiety.
FrancescaGabrielle
You are never alone. Anxiety is very common! Even the best of us experience anxiety, depression and everything in between.... Never feel as if you're alone in this fight. If you'd ever like to private message me to continue this discussion, feel free to! I'd love to hear from you. Good luck.
colorfulcrocs
Anxiety is common in a lot of children and adults. We worry or stress over things and we just get so worked up and stress even more.
Elis
Anxiety is very common among all people of different ages and genders. Most if not all people have experienced some form of anxiety in their lives, for instance when speaking in public or when going through a rough time, such as financial difficulty. Experiencing some anxiety can be good for you, as it is a way for our bodies to warn us to modulate or cease of a behaviour that is dangerous or counter productive, and it activates our to or focus on a task, thereby heightening cognitive acuity. Other times though, anxiety can be a bad thing. Some people suffer from extreme anxiety which can come in different forms, such as panic attacks, phobia, and social anxiety. (If you feel that your anxiety surpasses the level of "normal" everyday anxiety, you should seek medical advice from a doctor). It is important to remember that anxiety normal, and that everyone suffers from it. You are not alone if you are experiencing anxiety. It is good to talk to people about the things that make you anxious and ask for advice from friends about how they manage their anxiety if they experience the same thing.
Eylul
Yes, it is common. You are absolutely not alone in this. Lots of the people live anxiety in an era of their lives.
Saraahh
November 1st, 2014 8:06am
You are not alone in this, millions of people are dealing with anxiety. I used to think I was alone but then when i started talking to my friends and different people over the internet, i found out that anxiety is VERY common among people.
Anonymous
Anxiety is so common. Pretty much everyone experiences anxiety at some point. I have had generalized anxiety for as long as I can remember. Some people are just more predisposed towards being anxious. So, I can definitely say that you're not alone, and that many, many people have also experienced anxiety.
usefulTime17
You are not alone. While no one shares your exact anxiety, many people face the challenge of dealing with their own personal anxiety.
Anonymous
You are not alone in anxiety. Anxiety is a common issue that many others have faced and have overcome.
Arwa
Anxiety is very common all around the world, and you're definitely not alone in this. There are so many people who are in similar situations, and so many people are willing to help too.
glisteningCandy95
I found that anxiety (to different extents) is more common than people believe it is. When I was first diagnosed after experiencing anxiety attacks and a difference in behavior after a traumatic experience, I thought I was the only person I knew who had anxiety. Later on, though, as I started feeling more confident about being "out" about having anxiety, I discovered a lot of people have anxiety and manage to hide it as well as I do.
Helper6754
you are not alone plenty of people go through this at one point in their lives and it could be because something specific happened and when you see something ect. it might trigger you or other people
Anonymous
No, you are never alone. Many people, roughly 1 out of 3, deal with some kind of anxiety. So, anxiety is pretty common
Asparagus515
Anxiety is (sadly) extremely common. There are many different forums and resources online where you can chat with other people who have problems with anxiety. Google is your friend. Good luck!
lightPetrichor34
Anxiety is common, and perhaps becoming more-so. In a high-energy, high-production society like ours, social anxiety and work-related stress are definitely on the rise. Chances are if you don't know anybody else directly who suffers from anxiety, at least a few people you know do. Not only are you definitely not alone, but anxiety as both a physical and mental health issue is much less "taboo" than it once was, and there are plenty of professionals available in many fields who can help you find ways to cope. Good places to start, if you're looking for somebody professional to talk to, are just asking your friends or family if they know of a good therapist, or - especially if your family, like mine, is a little skeptical still - just talk to your doctor. Chances are they can suggest somebody, or at least point you to some great resources or organizations.
fromthesea
Anxiety is a very common thing, you are not alone! You can always talk to someone on 7 Cups of Tea :)
RaduMemete
Anxiety disorders is the most common psychiatric disorder on the planet. You can never be alone even with an anxiety disorder because you are still a human being with feelings, the problem is that sometimes our brains makes some errors and we need to fix them in order to function correctly.
carrieelouise
Yes it is common. No one is alone, ive been through it after i finished college but ive had it since i was at least around 11 years old without knowing it. Face your fears on what scares you take it one step at a time.
Mayaisthename
Anxiety is very common,you are defiantly not alone trust me,just try getting help for it though.
Anonymous
Anxiety is very common. No, you're not alone at all, there are so many others like you who suffer from Anxiety problems.
KriemhildGretchen
You're never alone, anxiety is something normal what people experience when they are on pressure~ You need to relax and go for it!
TellMeAboutIt
anxiety is very common actually it happens in everyday lives and also no one is alone there are other people on the earth besides you and it helps that there are always people in your town, state , and country. the point is your not alone and anxiety is common.