Is it normal for me when am in public places to feel shaky, confused and just want to rush and get out?

Germany

Nathalie Dramis, Diploma

Helping people is my passion. I believe that anyone can benefit from therapy and counseling. My approach is holistic and tailored to you and your specific needs.

globalPoetry83
It's perfectly normal! We all have moments when we feel suffocated and anxious. Sometimes the air helps. Test yourself and try public places in small doses. You can do it!
Ozfer
Normal is a weird metric-- I think a lot of people definitely experience social anxiety, but only you can know if yours is becoming a problem. Certainly, most people can relate to feeling overstimulated or unsafe in a crowded environment. Overall though, that level of stress is probably not healthy, and definitely decreasing your enjoyment of social situations. You may want to look through the self-help guides on the top banner, and see if the Anxiety or Panic Attack guide is useful to you. Good luck :).
JustLikeaDream
Being alone, in an unknown place can be quite overwhelming, especially when you crave comfort and control.
Anonymous
Normal is a difficult word to use, but what you're feeling isn't mentally healthy. It sounds like you might be experiencing some social anxiety. It might help you to form a coping strategy for when you have to go into these public places and find different things that help you cope with your anxiety, such as breathing exercises, mantras that you can repeat in your head, music, distractions on your phone, etc.
KindGirl17
It is not normal but if it happens there's a reason why ...what i would advise if for you to understand why you feel like that and then figure out a way to deal with it and get better. There's always room for improvement
TheTrueDerp
Social anxiety is a real thing and it's normal to feel that way if you have it. The best thing to do is get somewhere where you feel okay again and observe your current situation so you'll understand and feel okay again.
Anonymous
It can be normal for people who don't like being in public places, it can often be due to claustrophobia or just not being use to crowds or public places.
gentlePeace95
Well, i used to be like that, but thats because i wasnt sociable, try get out some more with your friends
Anonymous
Yes, for some people it is normal for when they are in public places to feel shaky, confused and just want to rush and get out
Lindsaylu
If you are feeling this way it means you have a form of anxiety, feelings of shakiness, wanting to rush out are normal symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks. I would suggest talking to someone here on 7 Cups or maybe a friend or family member if you are more comfortable with that. :)
eeveeon
I would say normal yes, because people suffer with this a lot, but abnormal to say because it is a medical condition called Social Anxiety. You can speak to a doctor about this to rule out any other pre-existing conditions, and they will refer you to either a psychologist, or will provide tips/medication to relieve your symptoms. Medical professionals will ideally provide on-going support for situations such as yours.
kindHand56
(Trust me, you are NOT the only one with this fear!)it's not normal. I think you're experiencing some level of anxiety, maybe social anxiety? Take action now. Book a doctors appointment, meditate, exercise, do yoga, read about anxiety and how to slowly overcome this issue so it doesn't screw up your future self. I wish you the best of luck. I believe in you.
Anonymous
Yes! I have felt like this before as well. It is completely normal, you are just having anxiety. I used to hate going to the grocery stores because of how many people there were. I just wanted to run out and sit in the car. I started to go later or earlier so there wasn't as many people. I then started to ease my way into less populated stores and now I can go to my regular store with no issues! You aren't alone :) I completely understand you! I also think it may have something to do with the noises but that is my personal experience