My girlfriend is gets seizures, and I'm scared she won't wake up anymore. I can't sleep at night, the worrying is killing me, I get nightmares all the time. How can I stop my anxiety?

Deane Rain Marie, LMFT

I take a holistic approach in working with eating disorders, mood disorders, relationships, and the LGBTQ community. I use EMDR, Dreamwork, Stories, CBT and Cinema therapy.

romanticthi3f
It's absolutely understandable, because seizures are incredibly scary. Try to make sure that they are well managed;- having seizures that occur often increase the risk, so getting the meds right. You can also stock up on safe pillows and have bed alarms which can be helpful. Learn about the risks and the data - the likely occurrence is so low and if you have all these extra devices it's just added safety and peace of mind.
Anonymous
Have you considered getting a Medical Aid Dog that can wake her up when she starts seizing? They are trained to wake her up in case of emergency that way you can sleep through the night peacefully.
Rhyly
The best thing you can do is practice safe energy. Things like, keeping a journal, practicing breathing, going for walks, listening to music. If you’re anxious, it’s not going to help her. Try doing something you enjoy before going to bed at night, it will help lessen the nightmares.
hgraff31
Talk to her about it. Communication is everything in a relationship and if she has talked with her doctor and she has medical protocol set in place, then she should be just fine.