Should I tell my husband I cheated on him?

Maryna Svitasheva, PhD. RP

Psychotherapy I provide is based on a dialog and your active intention to look for a solution with the therapist's assistance

Anonymous
I think it would be good if you do. I mean, you don't want your guilt you feel gets worst every time you are there sleeping with him. I think, honesty is important. If he forgives you then it's nice, but if he won't, well... maybe give him some time. Show him perhaps that you really regret doing it.
Anonymous
Defiantly, honesty is always the best, and if you don't tell now, the result will be worse the longer it takes to tell him.
Anonymous
Yes, it's something unforgivable that can be done. It'll only hurt him more if you don't . He will feel at least some remorse from you actually telling him.
Faerianna2
I can not decide that for you, however I am here to listen if you want to work through this problem with someone. Maybe in some way I can help you come to a decision.
Anonymous
You should always tell the truth no matter what or under any circumstances because telling a lie gets you no where to go.
Anonymous
Do you think that being honest would help your relationship? If i was your husband, i would want to know
Anonymous
yes, its the best thing to do, it will be better in the long run, imagine how you would feel if he did the same to you
Anonymous
Yes you should tell him, because he could find out by some one else and it will be a whole lot worse
JDM108
I think trust is fundamental in any relationship, and I value truth above all things -- even love and god. I think as long as you're telling it with pure intentions, not to hurt, then truth is always good -- as I think speaking your truth helps you live your truth.
Anonymous
Your husband is your accountability partner. You are married because you ultimately love each other. Through thick and thin, I'm positive he still loves you, and its truly willing to forgive you: wether that's cheating on him or saying something negative.
JoyfulForestRain
That is up to you to make that decision. Do what is best for you and those around you. Think about how you would feel if you were in the position he was in. Would you tell you?
SingingPhoenix
As much as you wouldn't want him to know, it just would be better in the end. There will still be hurt and things but I always think honesty is the best policy.
Anonymous
I would be honest and open with him. Honesty is always the best policy. Wouldnt you want the same honesty if he did that?
Anonymous
Yes, you should tell you husband that you cheated on him . Not telling him could make things worse for you .
couragetogo
Honesty is important. Walk in his shoes for a few steps and ask yourself if you would like to know. It may not be the most comfortable way but it is less harmful then lying and having him developing trust issues by himself until they get approved when he finds it out.
YellowDaffies
Only you can answer what the best choice is. For any decision, can you live with who you and your past actions and be comfortable with yourself? Imagine the scenarios and how they might play out for you, and for you husband, if you tell him or don't tell him. If he finds out later, or if he never knows. How would you feel about yourself and what do you imagine your life would be in those situations?
Anonymous
Yes you should. Although it may be hard, secrets in a relationship don't usually work out so well.
cupcake1234
I think you should. Because honestly, if there is something to save then this is the only way for you to save it. And if there isn't, then you might as well move on. In either case, don't doubt your character.
StephSnake1582
It depends. If you feel like you have enough trust in him that he won't go off on you. But honestly is the best policy in a relationship. It also depends If it was a one time thing or ongoing. It's completly up to you and how strong your relationship is
disclousure
Yes, relationships should be built off trust and honesty. He deserves to know, whether or not he did something to provoke you to cheat.
Anonymous
trust is very important in relationships. He may find out eventually, so hearing it from you is probably better than hearing it from anyone else.
Anonymous
Your husband deserves to know the truth, there will be consequences but it's necessary to be honest in the relationship.
Anonymous
Sincerity is the basis of all relationships. Explain your reasons good and sincere . If he loves you, he will forgive you ;)
Nosh
It comes down to you. Personally I think it's his right to know about what has happened, but if you swear to never go against him again, ignorance could mean bliss for him.
Anonymous
Yes because you committed adultery, & The least that you can do is tell your husband that you cheated. It's the right thing to do whether we like it or not. Admitting our wrongs no matter how old we are, is and always will be the right thing.
Nahsha
It would be best. I recommend doing so instead of him finding out. It'll make you feel guilty if you don't already feels so now. If you tell him sooner, maybe you'd be able to work things out. There's nothing more painful than be cheated on and never being told right away.
Anonymous
Honesty might work out. Just always remember that time may give weigh to the problem. It's all about faith and forgiveness. It's always been faith, He might forgive you for the reason that he loves you and he married you.
Anonymous
Yes. In a relationship, honesty is one of the most important things, and neglecting to tell him that you cheated will only make things worse when he inevitably finds out in the future. Be upfront about it and accept that he will most likely be upset with you.
peacefulIris56
That really depends on how you want to handle the situation. You should always be open and honest with your spouse, but on the other hand, it could tear you family apart. You do what you think is right.
TaylorSeth
I think it would be something that would be rather important to share, as it would show honesty. In a relationship, such as marriage, honesty is key.