Sometimes I get so anxious I throw up, shake, can't breathe, and sweat profusely - what can I do?

Terrence Sawyer, MS Counseling Psychology

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Social disorders counseling social psychology, substance use disorder counsel

keepsmiling3
There is a thing called 7-11 breathing, Take a look, This may help you before it gets to that point :). Take care.
kalistaheartXx
One of the best things you can do is take deep breaths... it seem cliche, but its true, it really does help. Breathe in and out. Drink water. Think about calming things. Also, try to not think about things as much. Don't over think and over stress. You'll be okay, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here.
yessitshannah
It sounds a lot like a panic attack. That's what used to happen to me minus the throwing up part. Now I talk to someone and take medicine for it. It helps a lot
Anonymous
Try breathing deeply and rocking back and forth, or closing your mouth and talking to yourself about what's wrong
23lostdreams
Does this happen often in certin situations or randomly? i'm sorry. if there's anyway i can help please contact me! im new to 7 cups but i'd love to try and see if theres anyway i can try to help you with this.
Anonymous
It sounds like you may be having anxiety attacks. This must be a bit scary for you right now. You can go and see a professional, they can be very useful. But you could also try several anxiety relieving techniques. Progressive muscle relaxation is a good one. You can do this sitting or laying down, either is fine. Whatever feels comfortable to you, or whatever situation you are in. Now, tense your neck muscles, not so tightly that it hurts. Do this for 5-10 seconds or when first starting 2-5 seconds. Now relax. Then do your shoulder muscles. Tense and relax them just like how you did your neck. And now work down your body. All the way to your toes. I hope this helps!
Love2smile
I am so sorry you feel that way. Good books or maybe even some soft music helps those when in times of pure anxiety.
WhatACatchKelsey
Bring a stress ball with you everywhere you go! Put it in a backpack or purse, and when you feel the panicking sensation starting to come on, squeeze away!
Coffeewood
Being that anxious must be hard on you. What has helped you in the past? Tell me more about when this happens to you.
HaileyJS
As bad as it sounds- its all in your head. Focus on ways to calm yourself down. Look around the room and find 5 things you can touch, 4 you can see, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell, and 1 you can feel. Try the 573 breathing method. In for 5, hold for 7, out for 3.
Kayla1313
Take deep breath. Start by breathing in for 7 seconds, holding it for 3-5, and breathing out for 8-9. This helps to regulate your breathing. Other short term fixes are listening to soothing music, watching cartoons, or coloring. Long term, try to find a therapist to help you deal with your anxiety
laurlistens
When I have a similar situation, I like to become aware of my breathing. It's nice to have control of something- and I like to pick my breathing. Once I know I can control that, I feel like I can calm down a lot.
Anonymous
I like to go to Rainymood and listen to the rain through my earphones, and I grab a cushion and hug it, I turn the air cooler on and I tell myself everything- from the basics, like- This is my name, this is my age, I live here, and so on. It makes everything fall into place, and I apply strict logic and common sense at those times.
worthytalktime
Firstly, try to figure out what gets you all anxious and tensed up. Once you find the reason, you're good to go. Next, when you find that something is getting you all stressed up, do some relaxation exercises. Like deep breathing and muscle relaxation or you could just sip some water and try to think about something you like, it would help clear out your mind.
heartsNcupcakes
Ive been there. In fact Ive been there a few times throughout my life. First thing to do is to still try to stay hydrated, even if you puke it up. Better than dry heaving and your stomach may absorb some of it. It will also settle the acid in the stomach. Next really is finding a distracting that works for you in these time (I like netflix, reading, walks, yoga, music, writing, 7 Cups of Tea.) Some of mine are reminding myself that it will pass, or I do my best not to puke for a little while longer, and longer, until i didnt do it as much anymore, i started to not eat after 8 PM as it takes longer to digest.
Anonymous
Definitely arrange an appointment with a doctor and let them know what's been happening and any triggers that lead up to these. Sounds like a severe panic attack.
Puffin
It's might sound simple, but seek for distraction. Try to do some relax exercises and focus your thoughts on something else. If your anxiety is under control, try to discover why you are getting so anxious and what you can do to solve the problems behind your anxiety.
DeadEver
Go outside and try to get deep breathe.Never mind!Don't care :) Think like everything's gonna be okey
HonestSoul
I think it is good to consider what is making you anxious. Are there ways to dissect the event that makes you upset and lessen them somehow.
Anonymous
First of all: this is a normal response of your body. It thinks something extreme is happening. Try and breathe in, hold for a sec of 5, and then exhale. Repeat it as long as needed to become more calm. And then if you feel better, try and find someone to talk to, and talk about the reason why it happened.
Anonymous
Take a step back, and take a breath. Know that you are enough, you are so enough, it's incredible how enough you are:)
Anonymous
Depending on where you are, try to take some deep breaths and calm down so you can control your body
Drummaboi
Going to one's "happy place" can be a fantastic way to escape all that is causing these symptoms of anxiety. Closing your eyes and envisioning a wonderful place where you feel free and peaceful can, in turn, allow you to breathe easier and lose the nauseous, shaking feeling.
sweettears0103
calm down, take a deep breath and try acknowledging your surroundings and the people around you. it will help you get back to your senses.
Anonymous
First, you should practice some breathing exercises and talk to someone to distract yourself from it. Also think positively and motivate yourself.
Peacefulmeditation
Those are symptoms of a panic attack. If you feel you are getting to that point, then take a timeout. Find a place where you can relax and calm down.
psych2life101
What has helped me when I'm anxious, is I usually concentrate on my breathing. I usually position myself comfortably and take long and deep breaths. After I have found a bit of relaxation I think of something that makes me laugh or happy. The goal I set myself it to be comfortable with the environment I am, either by telling encouraging myself or getting familiar to what's in store for me. After I have accepted the challenges and have gotten myself in a positive mindset, I can relax, and proceed.
Anonymous
Try to figure out what's causing this and erase it from your life. Try and see if you can talk to a therapist possibly, they can normally help out. It sounds like you're having an anxiety attack to me, and those are somewhat hard to deal with sometimes. Don't let that discourage you! I hope that you can overcome this, and best wishes for you.
Anonymous
That seems very serious . I would really think it would be best to go see a professional about this to get the best care.
kindheartedSunshine88
Take deep breaths and think about anything that makes you happy. Thinking about past may not be a good thin because it will lead to a comparison as to how things were then and how they are now.