What are some natural ways of curing anxiety?

Germany

Nathalie Dramis, Diploma

Helping people is my passion. I believe that anyone can benefit from therapy and counseling. My approach is holistic and tailored to you and your specific needs.

FrancescaGabrielle
There are many natural ways of helping anxiety! Drinking chamomile tea, taking herbal supplements, seeing a Holistic doctor, exercising for twenty minutes a day, getting extra sleep, getting massages, acupuncture, yoga, meditation and practicing deep breathing exercises are all different natural ways of helping anxiety!
Maui
Take deep breath and walk for a while. Listening calm music and close my eyes. Usually calming, relaxing podcast are very helpful.
Ymellone
Find a distraction. A person that can cure this for you, a person that can make you feel good about yourself.
hope4peace20
In my opinion, the best way to cure anxiety is to just take a deep breath. We feel tense and uneasy when were anxious and sometimes we just need to calm down and breathe.
Rikka617
Sleeping well, organizing and trying to not think about it too much! That way you'll be more calm and more confident!
lonelyghost
A natural way to cure anxiety is to take big, deep breaths. Also stretching while taking long, hot showers.
emergeintolight
I'm unsure of any natural cures, but you can alleviate anxiety through diaphragmatic breathing, self assessment, and changing your thought process. If you're experiencing an onset of a panic attacks, you can count the wrinkles on your palm, which works in many cases.
eeveeon
While there is no ~cure~ for anxiety per se, these can work as good alternatives to alleviate your symptoms. They may reduce your symptoms for a long period of time which you may consider a cure, which is great, however for others they may only work temporarily. - Meditation - Yoga - Deep breathing exercises - Distraction (with hobbies) - Speaking it out to a friend/family member or caring alternative. - Writing, drawing - Exercise - Self-Care - Avoid alcohol - Reduce caffeine intake - Reduces risk of aggravating certain conditions. - Stress management - Pursuing an enjoyable activity or verbalising frustration to - reduce stress and improve mental health. - Quitting smoking - Quitting smoking tobacco. - Relaxation techniques - Rhythmic exercise and other activities that reduce symptoms of stress - Healthy diet
Ashva
Whenever I feel anxious, I always have a tea of cup or exercise. It makes me more relaxed. And if you're gonna try drinking tea yourself, I recommend chamomile tea.
TehRingmaster
Remembering that, in time, all things pass and you will be okay. It might seem scary now, but whatever is causing your anxiety, you can figure out what it is and learn ways you can help cope with it.
ForeverSquishy
Practicing deep breathing techniques to calm yourself down, and to take a step backwards in thinking and see how the situation would affect you in the long run.
Pascal97
I think a good way for curing anxiety is to confront the human with the anxiety. Maybe its hard but if you train to confront you with your anxietys you adapt and with every traing you push your anxiety one step more away from your mind.
Jaimie
Personally, I just open up a word doc and type. Don't stop typing even if it's gibberish or repetitive don't stop typing tell the word doc what's happening and how you feel. Type a page or two or three or how ever many you need to just get it out. Then delete, along with the anxiety.
Anonymous
October 2nd, 2014 8:12am
The best natural way I personally find for curing anxiety is by using a particular scent. I spent a long while choosing a scent that I found lovely and then made sure I associated that with positive things. Then whenever I felt anxious, i would use that scent to remind me of the good things and try and ease the anxiety.
Bonnie
One of my favorite natural remedies for anxiety is watching stand-up comedy. Laughter is the best medicine!
MelDawnWatson
Chamomile tea is great way of taming your anxiety. It will calm you down, and combine it with a bit of slow breathing, and you're good!
TheRedLady
I have used meditation, counting down from 100, avoiding processed foods, caffeine, and using hypnosis videos. They have worked really well for me.
Gresham
Exercise and a healthy diet can help to calm anxiety and bring your mind and body back to an even keel!
thistooshallpass25
I have heard that eating a handful of cashew peanuts has the same affect on the body as an antidepressant medication. I am not sure that it works. I have no tried it yet. :)
kaysufia
Exploring meditation could be a good natural remedy. It calms the spirit and with enough practise, one could develop 'mini mediation techniques' when feeling anxious/nervous which can be used to calm the nerves. Writing in your diary every day could help one notice patterns in their anxiety that can lead to recognizing and thus focusing on solving more specific issues. :)
anniemarie3
Breath in for eight seconds, then breathout for ten. Do for about two minutes or until you feel calm.
awkwardpotato
Face it. You're afraid to talk to that one person? Collect all your courage and go talk with him/her. You won't get any further if you keep hiding yourself from your fears.
lyricalPond11
Exercise, a low sodium, a low caffeine diet and plenty of sleep can do wonders for curing anxiety in a natural non-invasive way.
Laur98
Some natural ways of curing anxiety would be to speak to yourself, or to speak to different people at school, even if its just a short conversation!
RaduMemete
The best way to get over anxiety is breathing relaxation. Take deep slow breaths through your nose and exhale it through your mouth. Also is there is a technique called Jacobson's progressive relaxation, were you have tighten your muscles and be aware of the tighten and then you have to relax your muscles and be aware of the relaxation and how good it feels. To quiet your mind, the best way to do it, is by practicing meditation. This way you will get into control of your thoughts.
lightPetrichor34
Definitely check out the self-help anxiety guide, it's great. You can also just google "coping with anxiety" for a myriad of solutions. It can definitely be hard, at least at first, but practicing documented destressing activities (cognitive reconstruction, relaxation exercises) can definitely help. What's worked best for me - and this is different for everybody, so I'd suggest trying them all - is distracting myself so my physical symptoms go away, allowing me to relax, and finding other outlets to disperse that anxious energy, like exercise. Yoga is especially great because it's relaxing and will get you more physically fit. If that's not your cup of tea, even just thinking through cognitive reconstruction, which is identifying what thoughts are making you anxious and working to change your perception of your triggers, can be beneficial.
GentleCloud311
take a deep breath, read a book, go for a walk, exercise, hang with friends, spend time with family
CMThornRose
Herbal remedy's. There are so many of these natural cures from plants. Organic and natural cures. Meditation, yoga, reading, hot baths, scented candles and other incredible things like this can help.
neverletlifetakeyourspark
Sound therapy, behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, gestalt therapy, yoga, meditation, deep breathing, or other forms of relaxation exercises. Kava, valerian root, passionflower, magnesium (try different ways-- supplements, in foods, tea)
Anonymous
Meditation is a really good way to cure anxiety. Breathing exercises and power poses can also help a person gain more confidence and get rid of their anxiety. Self talk can help motivate a person and allow them to do the things they want.