What can I do to calm myself down?

Polly Letsch, LCSW

I provide non-judgmental, person-centered, objective therapeutic treatment for individuals of all ages to improve social, emotional, mental and other areas of functioning.

Jennifer164
Taking deep breathes,listening to slow music,drinking plenty of water,try to think about all the positive things that have happened with you and count to ten.I hope you feel relaxed really soon.
musicalEnergy94
some ways that i can calm myself down in by doing yoga. i try to relax then i move on to my next goal and then the next goal. the more i can get done the more time i have to relax and meditate by listening to calming music ect.
Ratzer
The first step is always to breathe. Whenever we experience anxiety or fueled emotions it effects our heart rate which can in turn fuel our emotions further. When we focus on breathing we can learn to control our heart rate in difficult moments and gain some clarity.
ZacharyK
Breathing exercises, Guided Imagery, Practicing a Hobby, Playing Sports, Watching movies etc. Really anything that makes you feel comfortable.
Scarlettxox
What helps me is stopping and taking a breath. Then I do one of two things, either I count or I go to a beach in my head and let my muscles sink into the warm sand. Sometimes I draw my emotions and that usually helps me, other times I bake or cook. Usually keeping my mind occupied and taking a minute or two away from the situation helps me. When I am with another person, I just ask to table the conversation and if asked why explain that I don't want to react in an unwanted way because my emotions are all over the place and I am not in a calm state of mind.
Anonymous
I can take some time to let myself rest a . for example i could play some games or do my hobbies to unwind. I could talk to a friend or even just go out and take a walk. Or i could just not do anything and sleep a little and reflect on my actions or why i am upset. I could try to settle things calmly with the other person and try to understand and empathize where they are coming from. I could tell myself to tell myself that it isn't such a big thing and i should rationalise.