What do I do if I have anxiety?

Mexico

Paola Giordani, Psychoanalyst

Licensed Psychoanalyst

I have helped and am helping people cope with loss, divorce, anguish and parenting. Depression is also a major issue that comes up.

JenniferDolphinLPC
You have a few options. Research ways to cope (there are self-help guides available on this website) or seek the help of a professional therapist (also available on this site for a fee if you aren't able to see someone face to face)
comfortableCand26
Anxiety is scary, but manageable. I suggest mindfulness, many organisations use this technique to cope with anxiety. Focus on your breathing, slowly and take your mind away from the trigger.
Tina167
Start to meditate daily for few minutes it takes practice so be patient and kind with yourself,meditation has helped with lot of mental suffering and it works for anxiety too.
Anonymous
Take deep breaths, listen to calming music, meditate, write your feelings down so you understand what causes your anxiety
Dawn04
First of all, talk to your doctor and make sure you do indeed have anxiety and are not having symptoms of any other problem. Always side on the side of caution - better safe than sorry. If it is indeed anxiety, you still have options. You can try to control it on your own through meditation, music therapy, mental exercises, etc....or get help by seeing a licensed therapist or even consider medication if you or your doctor feels it is severe enough. No one solution is the best for everyone and only you can decide what is best for you.