What does it mean when you get nervous for no reason?

Richard Manson, BSW,CAP

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Compassionate, non-judgemental and experienced substance abuse therapist driven to helping guide clients to overcome issues relating to abusing drugs and/or alcohol.

taybay2k16
It's something like secondhand embarassment, for example. You feel embarrassed for someone else so when something you could possibly get in trouble for comes up, you're nervous.
peacefulIris56
There could be underlying problems on your unconscious mind that you are not aware of. Or it may be a condition you have such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It is best to see a doctor or therapist to find that out.
fantasticSun
Anxiety is usually the reason. Or caffeine can even cause it as well. A test the.next.day can do.it.as well.
Anonymous
A lot of people feel nervous and anxious without realizing it's reason. It might be something that's going on inside your head that you never consciously realized. But if it's getting in the way of your life, you might want to talk to someone.
serenity373
It means that I a human and that life experience is something you can never get enough of :) Take that nervousness and turn it into something positive and life changing
kindHand56
It means you honestly have no idea why you're feeling the way you're feeling, you can't control the feelings that rise up and that's why you get nervous for no reason.
BeezKneez23
Sounds like anxiety or panic attacks, I struggle with this myself. Try meditating or doing breathing techniques when you feel this way. But, if it gets out of hand or you feel it is uncontrollable and is affecting your daily life, I suggest you connect to a therapist for counseling.
Anonymous
Getting nervous is a normal thing. However it can be a sign of anxiety. You can always talk to someone that has experience coping with anxiety.
SingingPhoenix
It may mean you're experiencing some anxiety about something going on in your life. The trick is to identify it.
NicolesAdviceAndSupport
You may have anxiety. If it's happening frequently, talk to a counseller about it or someone you trust :).
ListensLikeAFriend
It might be anxiety that you're feeling. Sometimes when you shake or you heart beats fast like that it may be an anxiety attack.
neverendingSunrise99
You need to chill. Generally. Take some rest. Forget stress. Be more with friends, party hard and think positiv.
ari88
It could mean you have anxiety about something. There's never not a reason for any of your actions, each one has a reason no matter how minute or small it may seem. Maybe this will help you understand what triggers your nerves or anxiety so you can learn and maybe avoid what's making you this way.
birdyf
For me it usually means I need to check in with myself. Something around me is making me feel uncomfortable or unsafe. By taking some deep, rhythmic breaths and paying attention to my different senses (smell, touch, etc.), I can calm myself and figure out what's bothering me.
Anonymous
It means you need to sit down, untangle your thoughts and whatever's bothering you and talk to someone about it before moving on
Anonymous
It could possibly be that you are suffering from anxiety. There are many different ways you can go about treating these symptoms: counseling, medication, meditation, etc.
HereToHelpYou742
Depending on the severity of the nervousness it could be panic attacks witch is apartt of anxiety. It when you have a sudden overwhelming feeling of anxiety. You could experiance Heart palpations, where your heart rate is increased Shaking feeling Lump in throat Sweating Numbness or tingling And more you can look them up
Emilybrewer1
A lot of times that is considered anxiety. A lot of people struggle with anxiety issues. I often find myself getting nervous when I am bored giving my brain access to run free and do whatever it wants. Try checking out the anxiety self help training!
SnowStorm22
When we get nervous for no reason that means we have anxiety issues... and something is troubling us or we are scared of somethung we dnt knw
Anonymous
You may be experiencing and encountering a panic disorder, which can be helped if you look into it.
Anonymous
I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but you may be feeling symptoms of anxiety, or you had something happen just a while ago that made you nervous--like an aftershock.
Link22
Getting nervous for no reason is called free floating anxiety. This can happen for many reasons. Including an up coming event you forgot about, a dream you had. Or a past experience. There are lots of kinds of Anxiety. Everyone has different symptoms. So you never know. But when this happens. Jus try to calm down as much as possible. Use a coping mechanism.
Maerieke
To get nervous for no reason is to situation in which your body feels threatened. It can make you feel very negatively about yourself, but it is best to remember that it is normal to react with fear to potential threats, and that we must learn and grow comfortable with that stimulus.
EmpatheticOwl
For me, it would mean that I have far too many things on my mind and I am doing too much. It would mean that, for me, I have forgotten to think about myself, and give myself the necessary time to relax and unwind. It would be a massive warning sign that I'm beginning to burn myself out.
Live2Drive
It could be a lack of stimulation of the senses. A way to narrow the field of causes is to do something for yourself or others that doesn't take a hero to perform.
Anonymous
You may have an anxiety disorder. This is tiggered by many things or for no reason at all, it depends on the person. To learn more about it, look only or chat with a listener!
musicalBubbles45
You may have social anxiety, or severe anxiety. The best thing to do at that point is to seek help. It'll make you feel better.
Anonymous
This could be a sign of general anxiety, or even stress. You would have to see a doctor to find out for sure.
GreatMoss
You are highly worried without any rational reason and are likely insecure at an intrinsic level to feel unprovoked nervousness.
MoodyEve
In my case it often means I need to take a few minutes and spend some time alone because I need to recharge. I get overwhelmed when I don't have enough alone time, and this often manifests physically as nervousness.