Why can't I trust myself in making decisions?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Manneken
Trust isn't an "on" or "off" thing, there are degrees of trust and we all move up and down the scale all the time. When you remember good decisions you have made, your trust will increase and you can increase it again by thinking of something even better. Most likely the reason that you don't trust your decision making isn't that you make bad decisions it's that you dwell on negatives. Other people are no better at making decisions but they happily ignore the bad ones - I'm sure you know people like that.
Anonymous
You'd want someone to tell you to do things, right? Well, it sure is easier to have someone replace the voice inside your head and tell you stuff, but you're gonna have to make decisions some time, whether for what to have for dinner, the clothes you're gonna wear, all the way up to who you'd like to be, so you're gonna need to establish that trust between you and yourself eventually. You may not trust yourself now because of how others put you down, or even you putting you down so often, but you know something? It's you... You decided to not trust yourself in making decisions. You're worried that you're gonna actually be all those things people said to you. Well, that's okay. We're all a little worried when we have to make choices, especially important ones, but let your instincts guide you. Tell yourself it's okay, choose. At worst, you've made a bad move. At best, well, what's that? You tell me! :D
Anonymous
I Can’t trust decision making because of overthinking and anxiety. It Makes me second guess myself. Also reliving past mistakes and having ruminating thoughts play a roll in making decisions. I don’t like having to make decisions because it’s stressful and I never know if I am making the right decision. It scares me a lot to be faced with choices and options. It’s mainly due to my anxiety and fear of failure that makes it difficult as well. I try to have other people help me when making decisions because it alleviates the stress and panic I feel when making them.
Jillian1
February 22nd, 2016 2:56am
All of my decisions are made with biased opinions formed by negative emotions, so getting another perspective is extremely helpful and almost required when making my own decisions that strongly effect my life.
CaringArtsy
Because you worry of making a mistake and choosing the wrong path.You are not sure of your abilities to choose the right thing.Either way you have to accept that whatever decision you make and YOU feel like its right to do,it is.^^
Dawn04
It seems you are worried about making a wrong decision and the consequence. Start trusting yourself with small decisions and ask people you trust to help yourself with the larger ones. In time, start making bigger and bigger decisions by yourself until you feel better about making them yourself.
wonderfulSunshine20
Trust is a mental ability. . Past failures or bad experiences often let us down and weaken our trust.. but the good news is it can be re created anytime we want to.
Anonymous
Research your decisions fully. Then, trust that you have done the best you can to prepare to move forward with your choice.
Anonymous
because you do not want that to happen.because if you make decision for something you definetly do its your gut
Anonymous
Because sometimes it feels like I know that I am never going to make the right decision anyway so it doesn't make a difference.