Why do I always fail even when I try my hardest?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

bubblegumTree23
It depends on how you look at failure. There have been many times where I put in a lot of work and not gotten the results that I wanted/need, but that didn't mean that I failed. Sometimes, we succeed by our failures. I learn a lot about myself when I fail. Whether it be how I study, speak, or prepare for what I'm working towards.
friendlyPerspective32
It happens and I can assure you that you are not alone. We oftentimes put much effort into our pursuits only to fail terribly. We persevere, but our efforts do not seem to pay off. But just because you fail does not mean that you have to give up on your endeavor altogether. I like to think that, in order to experience any success, we must also learn to deal with real failure. The failure is not what matters; what matters is how you react to it. Instead of dwelling on your downfalls and losing faith in yourself, it is very important that you learn from your situation and keep moving forward. Only then will you experience true growth. You will be fine!
Anonymous
Sometimes life does this. It's understandable that you feel this way. I can assure you that each and every time you fail is a chance to improve and change and learn from your experience :)
TheAdmirableCreatureAmanda
Failure and success cannot be universally measured. Aka not everyones failure and success is the same. You need to figure out what success means for you. Given who you are and what you are capable of. Me personally, I have learned that success for me in say, passing exams, is when I pass 3 out of 5. I recognize that I have significant test anxiety, and that my ADHD working memory issues don't help matters. That doesn't mean that I won't try to work on my issues but it does mean that if I don't do as well as expected, thats still ok.
avanef
There's nothing wrong with the failure. That whole, "Failure isn't an option." No, it should be "Failure is an option, but one I won't choose." Failure isn't bad, it helps you get better and push yourself. Famous people and possibly even your inspiration has failed along the road in their life, and there's nothing wrong from it. Don't look at failure as a sign to stop, it's just a trial that is almost there but needs more work. Don't give up, just keep pushing and trying your best, because THAT is more important.
magneticForest25
You can only do your best and every failure is part of learning... You gain experience from getting things wrong and you learn great life lessons... You will succeed when it is the correct time for you x
peacefulkat
You will sometimes fail even when you try your hardest in life, that doesn't mean that you're a failure or to give up, it just means to try harder until you succeed.
Anonymous
Sometimes, failure is just a part of life. Despite our best efforts, we can still fail at whatever we do. The brightest of minds can fail just as easily as anyone else. Put your mind to it, and don't give up. And even if you fail, don't let that stop you from trying.
KawaiiG
It is not a failure when you try your hardest. Try to find ways that will help you get the result that you want, but please keep in mind that we, as humans, make mistakes in order to learn and live. There is nothing wrong with making mistakes!
divinewillpower86
This should be connceted with life's Basic Principles. Always work hard. The result is not in our hands. Just like say sone person or child makes Federar as his moral or ideal n tries to improve his skills. May be he even doesn't make to go to state level. But he has improved amazingly. & as a human being he has been learning life's best lesson Never back down always work hard n Be happy through your efforts.
Anonymous
You don't fail. You are just looking at each situation from a different perspective- a negative one. Start taking what you see as failing and try to turn it around to something constructive, something to learn from. If it is other people making you feel as if you failed, remove yourself from those people. You are amazing.
Anonymous
I know this sounds cliche, but failing is part of succeeding because you know how you can improve. I worked really hard for my final exam but still got pretty bad results, I think about this question so often. However I slowly realized that in a way, I had succeeded because I did try my best. The effort I paid and the experience I learnt is most important and nothing can surpass that. Failure just happens. Maybe it's a mishap or maybe it's fate, but you always succeed when you try hard for you reap numerous benefits from itz
Anonymous
If you try your hardest, there is no such thing as failing. Others might not understand your effort.
Anonymous
short answer you don't. When you fail it's just a great time to learn about yourself and how to better prevent. there is not such thing as failure just opportunities to learn.
Anonymous
I think you need to consider if you really are 'failing' or if it's just a negative mindset that's making you feel that way. If it's the mindset then maybe try making yourself feel more positive about the situation before trying to complete it.
Tito
Whenever we fail, we have presented to us an opportunity to grow and learn, so that whenever we try again, we can take with us the experience our our previous attempts. When we feel that even trying our hardest we still fail, most of the times we are feeling the anxiety of wanting success too quickly, or we aren't paying attention to the progress that has been done since the beggining. We need to stop, and think about the sum of our experience since we started trying something, so that we can see progress, and that progress per se, is the real success, and the way to accomplish a task.
Hereforyou19941115
Maybe because you use your skills in the wrong way,you should study well how to consume your efforts right to be effective with the stiuation or the thing you want to study or be successful in.
Pernia
You don't fail when you try you're hardest. You only fail when you give up. When you aren't accomplishing your goal right away, with several attempts put in, you are simply learning. Learning what not to do, and gathering information to make a better decision next time. You only fail when you give up on that endeavor. Because then you have robbed yourself of the chance to succeed.
Anonymous
"With failure comes Success" that's what I would like to believe :) I believe there will be a day where you will succeed but for that you gotta try first...
ella1928
You may just not be good at what you're failing at. But that's okay because there are SO many types of intelligence. You may not be school smart, but you can play music like no one else. Or you may not be good at talking to people, but you are good at knowing yourself. If you try your hardest, that's the best you can do, so try to realize your other talents.
magnificentParadise64
Try not to put so much pressure on yourself, if you know you're trying your best that should be good enough
caringMango76
I think that the term always fail is inaccurate! There are so many things different people are good at, and when we can be honest with ourselves and put our own shame aside we can see that we are all so different and all so incredibly talented in our own ways
Anonymous
Failure is the milestone to success. Keep trying and failing because that's the best way to live life.
Ava1122
It definitely depends on what you're trying to achieve. For example, I am great at Drama and music over here. When I have classes to do with it, I don't need to put that much effort into them because I find those topics easy. But, when it comes to Biology, I really have to work hard and put in extra study to achieve the goals I want to, because that kind of topic doesn't come naturally to me. Over all, it could be a matter of needing more practice at something (like a musical instrument), needing to gain a better understanding like trying to learn a new language and getting to know the cultural differences between the two. What you need to remember that just because you're not succeeding in that particular area, it doesn't mean you aren't succeeding in other areas of your life. Build on your strengths, and build UP your "weaknesses" I'm not sure if this is super helpful, but I hope you get an idea of what i'm aiming to get at.
BetterTogether101
First of all, if you tried your hardest then it is not a failure if you do not succeed. To paraphrase Thomas Edison "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work." Sometimes things do not work the way we anticipated even if we tried our hardest. But it is only a failure if you fail to look for what you can learn from the experience to help you moving forward
DaveMcGrath
Part of life is learning emotional resiliency. Being able to bend without breaking is a skill that many spend their entire lives striving to achieve. Part of becoming emotionally resilient is keeping your goals modest. If you fail because try to accomplish far too much, you've more or less not failed because you've tried your hardest. You've failed because you've tried your hardest at something that you couldn't have accomplished anyway. Instead, create modest goals to incrementally work your way up to accomplishing a much grander goal. The over all goal of having a great day might start with getting up by a certain time. You might follow it with tidying your bedroom, taking a shower, and cooking a healthy breakfast. All small things that contribute to the larger thing. Where emotional resiliency comes into play is accepting that if you fail at a smaller thing and you bend and don't break, you'll be able to keep moving forward till you accomplish that larger goal.
WatchingOverYou
Maybe because you're trying too hard, putting too much pressure on yourself. If you set the bar too high than anything below that is considered a failure.
Anonymous
Maybe you're too hard on yourself. With more positivity, I'm sure you'd be more likely too suceed, and a positive attitude would be very beneficial in the first place, even if you were to fail, you wouldn't take it out so strongly on yourself.
Mityvac
You do not fail. Failing is not trying. You might not achieve your goal YET but push push push. You'll get there one day.
whimsicalLove17
November 22nd, 2017 10:27am
Winning is not about trying hard! you're using all your brain .. for that thought alone .. Accomplishing is more like trying your best in the effort of knowledge you've learnt .. There's no winning to trying hard!! Your brain is being overworked on the purpose of succeeding .. If you just breathe and give yourself pace and time - you'll learn it is much easier to pace then to take too many steps ahead :)